Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Favorite football team, superbowl predictions, surprise team to make playoffs (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/favorite-football-team-superbowl-predictions-surprise-team-to-make-playoffs-57900.html)

cliffhanger486 08-12-2010 03:45 AM

Favorite football team, superbowl predictions, surprise team to make playoffs

I will go first.

Favorite team:

Buffalo Bills(I know, I know)

Superbowl Prediction:

Green Bay Packers vs. New England Patriots. Packers win. 31-24.

Surprise team to make the playoffs:

Buffalo Bills(I know, I know). They have a great new coach, their passing defense was 2nd in the league last year, they have upgraded the line and linebackers, switched to a 3-4, and have arguably the best defensive back core in the league, especially at safety. Donte Whitner and Jairus Byrd. Also, Trent Edwards will have a break-out year with sparks from C.J Spiller, a great run game, and some surprises from players like Roscoe Parrish and Chad Jackson. Lee Evans will be good as always. Wild card, 10-6.

rtread 08-12-2010 07:25 AM

Favorite team:
Dallas Cowboys (since 1960, I'm a Day One Fan and hard core)

Superbowl Prediction:
Dallas Cowboys vs. Houston Texans (Let's make it an all Texas Super Bowl.....two Texas teams played in Texas. I'm just sayin'.....

Surprise team to make the playoffs:
Houston Texans (They were close last year)

cavediverjc 08-12-2010 08:57 AM

Favorite Team: Denver Broncos

Superbowl Prediction: San Diego Chargers Vs. Dallas Cowgirls
(With San Diego winning it all)

Surprise Playoff Team: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

VolForce 08-12-2010 09:09 AM

Favorite Team: Indianapolis Colts

Superbowl Prediction: Baltimore Ravens vs Green Bay Packers

Suprise Playoff Team: Cincinnati Bengals

mariner09 08-12-2010 09:20 AM

Favorite - Tennessee Titans

SuperBowl - Packers -v- Ravens

Surprise - Redskins

GroundHawg 08-12-2010 09:25 AM

favorite team: Pittsburgh Steelers

Superbowl: New Orleans vs. New England

that's based on my limited time watching the off-season. I don't follow either of these 2 teams closely, so I've got no clue who they gained and what players have departed.

I except good things out of Green Bay, Cleveland, and Miami this season, and a large improvement for Oakland.

surprise playoff team: Cincinatti

pakman55 08-12-2010 09:27 AM

Favorite Team: New England Patriots

Superbowl Pats v. Dallas, Pats winning

Surprise Playoff Team Titans

Anybody interested in a free WF fantasy league?

tlrrob1000 08-12-2010 10:09 AM

Favorite Team- Raiders

Super Bowl- Not sure have not been following other teams to close.

Suprise- Raiders reaming the league.:D

EdJonesJeeper 08-12-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pakman55
Favorite Team: New England Patriots

Surprise Playoff Team Titans

Anybody interested in a free WF fantasy league?

I'm game for fantasy.

Panthers are my fav
Saints v packer superbow

Panthers will make the playoffs!

rtread 08-12-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pakman55 (Post 721567)

Not a bad matchup but I gotta say.....being played in Jerry's World a big advantage to Dallas. Cowboys by 6.:punk:

cavediverjc 08-12-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlrrob1000 (Post 721609)
Favorite Team- Raiders

Super Bowl- Not sure have not been following other teams to close.

Suprise- Raiders reaming the league.:D

It'll be a toss-up who cabooses the AFC West this year, between KC and Oakland.....

biffman 08-12-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdJonesJeeper (Post 721613)
Saints v packer superbow

Just wondering how 2 NFC teams will play in the Super Bowl.;)

OK, favorite team(s) AFC Bengals (since 1980...long suffering fan) NFC Bears (from birth...I think they throw you out of my family if your not a Bears fan...although there was a dark period in my life as an 8 year old when we lived in Milwaukee and I actually wore Packers clothes and went to Packers games...gasp.:eek: Don't tell my dad.)

Super Bowl: Cowboys vs. Bengals

Surprise playoff team: Chicago

Cons_Table 08-12-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 721649)
It'll be a toss-up who cabooses the AFC West this year, between KC and Oakland.....

Isnt that always the toss up? :rofl:

EdJonesJeeper 08-12-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffman

Just wondering how 2 NFC teams will play in the Super Bowl.;)

Ok just caught myself ;)
That was my NFC champ game
Super bowl saints v JETS!!
Boo yaa

cavediverjc 08-12-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 721673)
Isnt that always the toss up? :rofl:

Well, if my Broncos keep having injuries with their key players, we might be in contention for worst AFC West team as well.... :banghead:

Cons_Table 08-12-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 721760)
Well, if my Broncos keep having injuries with their key players, we might be in contention for worst AFC West team as well.... :banghead:

Ya we dont need any injuries going on.

tlrrob1000 08-12-2010 12:21 PM

Ha ha ha:mad: Hahah:flipoff: I think our AFC West is going to be troublesome. SanDiego is having problems with injuries also. Keeps up and maybe the Chiefs will pull it out.:blunt:

tlrrob1000 08-12-2010 12:24 PM

I am bummed I will miss the first strings showing tonite. I get off at 7pm have to stop for a quick side job. I may catch the end. So I see Raiders taking it by a field goal tonite.

kelsco 08-12-2010 12:44 PM

Yeah, I am from Arlington Tx, home of the next super bowl and am wondering who will be playing in the new Cowboy Stadium for super bowl????? I wonder if the Cowboys players will even get tickets?

cavediverjc 08-12-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlrrob1000 (Post 721809)
Ha ha ha:mad: Hahah:flipoff: I think our AFC West is going to be troublesome. SanDiego is having problems with injuries also. Keeps up and maybe the Chiefs will pull it out.:blunt:

That would be ok for me. I'm a Broncos fan, first and foremost, but I'm also a Chiefs fan..........except when they play the Broncos. :D

I guess I have a habit of picking $hitty teams, since I'm a diehard Cubs fan too......

nick50471 08-12-2010 01:26 PM

Fav - Vikings

SB - Vikings vs Ravens

Sleeper Miami

I can't believe all the Packer love in this thread!!! They will be lucky to grab a wild card again. They have an awesome QB and that is it. if he gets banged up like he did last year because the O-line sucks they will be in the same spot they were in last year...fighting for a wild card.

The Packers are the only thing I dislike more than Democrats.

cliffhanger486 08-12-2010 05:15 PM

I am seeing a lot of packers and ravens predictions, and Cincinnati making the playoffs predictions. Interesting! I definitely think the packers will be in the superbowl this year. Go Billllllsssssssssssss! Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills...

birdhunter 08-12-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick50471 (Post 721914)
Fav - Vikings

SB - Vikings vs Ravens

Sleeper Miami

I can't believe all the Packer love in this thread!!! They will be lucky to grab a wild card again. They have an awesome QB and that is it. if he gets banged up like he did last year because the O-line sucks they will be in the same spot they were in last year...fighting for a wild card.

The Packers are the only thing I dislike more than Democrats.

HA:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This from a Vik fan whos team has had 1 good year
in 30 with a ex packer player running the show
Who is thier best player on off:bottom:

Ha, Iowa is a fly over state with No pro teams
right?

sonofabeach 08-12-2010 08:55 PM

Favorite - Jaguars

Super Bowl - Vikings vs Colts

Sleeper - Jaguars

RatherBNarizona 08-12-2010 10:39 PM

Favorite - Broncos

Super Bowl - Saint and Pats

Sleeper - Cardinals

oh and about the Fantasy league. We have one of WF every year, who set it up last year? Anyone remember?

nick50471 08-12-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdhunter (Post 722451)
HA:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This from a Vik fan whos team has had 1 good year
in 30 with a ex packer player running the show
Who is thier best player on off:bottom:

Ha, Iowa is a fly over state with No pro teams
right?

I understand they don't teach math in Wisconsin so I will help you out. The Vikings have won 8 division championships in the last 30 years. Pakers 7.

I think the Packers have had 1 good season in 30 years and the Vikings none. Let me know if you need me to explain my flyover logic.

Also, if you need help finding birds let me know. I know a couple flyover states that have birds. God knows you don't have any in Wisconsin.

Kykid 08-13-2010 02:25 PM

I gotta do it. WHO DEY!!!!!! Go Bengals!!!!

rtread 08-13-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick50471 (Post 722675)
I understand they don't teach math in Wisconsin so I will help you out. The Vikings have won 8 division championships in the last 30 years. Pakers 7.

I think the Packers have had 1 good season in 30 years and the Vikings none. Let me know if you need me to explain my flyover logic.

Also, if you need help finding birds let me know. I know a couple flyover states that have birds. God knows you don't have any in Wisconsin.

Ewwww....nice comeback! You Packers/Vikings fans are really going at it these days....I guess it's the Favre thing plus divisional rivalries going way back. Great stuff!