Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Louisiana Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f67/)
-   -   Hello from Cenla! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f67/hello-from-cenla-58057.html)

tandrus 08-13-2010 03:05 PM

Hello from Cenla!

Hey everyone! I'm in central Louisiana just south of Alexandria! Plenty of Jeeps around but don't know how many are here in the forums. I can be found at Renegade Harley Davidson in Alex. most every Saturday!

Jkw 08-23-2010 01:40 AM

I'm in Louisiana new Orleans area where do you go off road legally? Not much by mr dyin to go before I put all kind of money in to it so beginner stuff thanks alot

tandrus 08-23-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jkw (Post 737748)
I'm in Louisiana new Orleans area where do you go off road legally? Not much by mr dyin to go before I put all kind of money in to it so beginner stuff thanks alot

Dude I really don't know.....unless your in a hunting lease there just isn't too many place's you can go around here. I stopped hunting years ago so that leaves me out too. I do know there are places in Texas and Arkansas, but I'm not familiar with them. We may have to look into this. There is a jeep club in Baton Rouge and maybe New Orleans if I'm not mistaken. I googled and found them! I'm sure they go somewhere!!!

Jkw 08-24-2010 02:46 PM

Yea I hear ya
I'm in no hunting lease everything I've seen around me isn't legal but I was thinking about checkin out the baton rouge club I think it's first Thursday of every month at ryans in br

rbloodhound 09-12-2010 09:07 PM

Hello.everyone. I am froM Crowville LA. Close to monroe.

There is a place in Sicily Island LA. I havent been in a couple of years. I was wheeling a F150 then. The trails are perfect for jeeps. Even a few rocks.

wranglertj01 09-28-2010 01:47 PM

Hey what's up man I'm here in leesville stationed at fort Polk I know of plenty of places to go most of it is beginner stuff but still good for fun

Twt_74 09-29-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wranglertj01
Hey what's up man I'm here in leesville stationed at fort Polk I know of plenty of places to go most of it is beginner stuff but still good for fun

Where they at man? I'm in mossbluff just north of lake Charles. No where legal here. Tired of trippin to Texas.

Jkcreeper 10-02-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wranglertj01 (Post 792322)

You must be talking about the "Box" eh? Alot of fun out there, I go there for work purposes but never had a chance the Jeep it, but I did Just get my JK! Can't wait to go! James:punk:

tandrus 10-03-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wranglertj01 (Post 792322)

Hey that's close enough for me.....need more info on location though, I'm just south of Alexandria but ride the harley out that way. Beginner trails would suit me just fine, I'd enjoy just doing some trail riding out in the woods!!!

wranglertj01 10-04-2010 07:14 AM

Yea there are a bunch out in the "box", for those that don't know it's the training area at fort Polk, the MP's pretty much have told me that if it doesn't say no trespassing or do not enter it's fair game as far as wheelin in the box there is also kisatchi national forest that has tons of trails out here and within about 30 mins from post sad to say but it's gonna be a few weeks before I get back on the trails gotta replace the u joints on the front drive shaft and a shock and I'll be back on the trail I'll keep y'all up to date when my lil rig is ready

knnphillips 10-13-2010 11:40 AM

I'm from lake Charles area looking for places to ride as well. I'm also looking for other jeepers to ride with as well.

Mahoo 10-12-2011 04:41 PM

From Leesville as well but currently in Lake Charles. The box? Is that Peason Ridge?

Jkcreeper 10-13-2011 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahoo (Post 1652181)
From Leesville as well but currently in Lake Charles. The box? Is that Peason Ridge?

Actually Peason is another good place to ride (but not during hunting season).. The "Box" is the villages and towns built up for training at JRTC.. Many ways to access the area , HWY 121- toward Hicks, there's a road on the right, Hagan?? Rd., that takes you in the back of the "Box" ; Easiest way, if you have Post access, is North Entrance Rd., continue onto Artillery Rd. (same rd)...; or "Tank Trail" (468) , turn left onto Artillery Rd... I haven't wheeled out there in a while, but tanks, humvees, and other vehicles have numerous trails.. :punk:

Mahoo 10-13-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jkcreeper (Post 1654195)
Actually Peason is another good place to ride (but not during hunting season).. The "Box" is the villages and towns built up for training at JRTC.. Many ways to access the area , HWY 121- toward Hicks, there's a road on the right, Hagan?? Rd., that takes you in the back of the "Box" ; Easiest way, if you have Post access, is North Entrance Rd., continue onto Artillery Rd. (same rd)...; or "Tank Trail" (468) , turn left onto Artillery Rd... I haven't wheeled out there in a while, but tanks, humvees, and other vehicles have numerous trails.. :punk:

That is awesome! Yeah I know exactly where that is, I grew up in Slagle. I always thought that the training area was off limits to civilians but now I know differently. And I believe you are right, it is Hagan Road.

wranglertj01 10-17-2011 05:38 AM

I wheel out in the box all of the time

wranglertj01 10-17-2011 07:11 AM

Oh and peason ridge is a training area the North of post on 117 the box is pretty much attached to post but is somewhat open to the public being that it is part of the kisachi national forest just keep away from the training areas and keep a watchful eye out for signs I've found myself wondering into an impact zone before lol not a comfortable feeling