Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   What to do with tailgaters? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/what-to-do-with-tailgaters-58309.html)

GoldenSahara00 08-15-2010 11:36 PM

What to do with tailgaters?

So, yea this is a common problem, and most people just ignore people who tailgate or just drive faster or whatever... But I like to drive slow, look around, check out the beautiful country I live in. Plus my CJ mirrors whistle like crazy at 35+ so, Yea I drive slow. If someone tail gates me I pull over or let them pass or wave them up or something, if im really intent on driving my speed. But it seems everyones always doing speed limit + 10, and in a Jeep speeding around turns isnt always the safest thing to do, right? So I always end up with a tailgater it seems. I have learned to deal with it, but I was just wondering how you all handle it. I noticed someone on here who made their own rear bumper with fog lights mounted on w/ universal light mounts. Obviously not legal, but creative. I tend to blast the Bass so loud the tailgater cant stand it, unless they really like BFMV or TDG or breaking benjamin or whatever Im listening too. So whats your opinion? (Don't tell me to grow a pair, Im not complaining (; )

GoldenSahara00 08-15-2010 11:36 PM

When I get my lift and bigger tires I plan to just back up over them ;)

burton160w 08-15-2010 11:43 PM

I slow down. No brakes, just ease off the accelerator slowly. I'm not in a rush to get anywhere, hope you weren't either :)

harwa004 08-15-2010 11:47 PM

I have a bumper sticker on order:

"Do you always drive like an idiot, or is today just a special occasion?"

AzTJ 08-15-2010 11:53 PM

Hammers & Flood Lights.... Google it. :D

Ted_D 08-15-2010 11:56 PM

I usually drop down a few gears and pop the clutch while standing on the brakes. :flipoff: em!

JSY 08-16-2010 12:08 AM

Haha when I saw the title I thought you meant tailgaters like truck partyers...

harwa004 08-16-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzTJ (Post 726382)
Hammers & Flood Lights.... Google it. :D

:rofl: Just watched the video rant...that was epic, dude. :rofl:

AzTJ 08-16-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwa004 (Post 726395)
:rofl: Just watched the video rant...that was epic, dude. :rofl:

:punk:

IndyJeepMan 08-16-2010 12:39 AM

Let them deal with it lol. If they wanna hit me its their fault if they wanna mess with a Jeep that can run onto their car with a light touch on the skinny pedal than also their fault!:flipoff:

But at night, If i get a tailgater, I have 44 LED's in my 4" taillights. I just hit the brakes and it lights them up. They can just look at those while they are riding my ass!

bobjenkins 08-16-2010 01:03 AM

slow down they will eventually pass. what I really hate is left turn on a green arrow.. AS SOON AS the arrow turns green they honk

Jalus Cornerious 08-16-2010 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyJeepMan (Post 726410)
But at night, If i get a tailgater, I have 44 LED's in my 4" taillights. I just hit the brakes and it lights them up. They can just look at those while they are riding my ass!

Gotta love LED's. Mine are super bright! :punk:

Kurogo 08-16-2010 03:28 AM

Throw your half empty beer can at them..that gets em to back off. =P

RhcSavage21 08-16-2010 06:33 AM

i get this all the time and it makes me miss my wagoneer. the wiper fluid hose for the rear never was there so when you hit the rear wiper fluid it would "pee" on the car behind you. hmmm may have to see if the will work with my wrangler :P

castorj29 08-16-2010 06:43 AM

I always take along a bag of greasy pasta noddles. I keep them right next to me. When some one starts riding my butt, i just a hand full up into the air. Have you ever seen a greasy wet noddle on your windshield at 60 mph.

brokenarrow33 08-16-2010 07:16 AM

I slow down, then when they go to pass i drop a gear and speed up lol

p1zzaman 08-16-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castorj29
I always take along a bag of greasy pasta noddles. I keep them right next to me. When some one starts riding my butt, i just a hand full up into the air. Have you ever seen a greasy wet noddle on your windshield at 60 mph.

Hahahaha who drives around with greasy noodles in the jeep!? That's awsome

mrcarcrazy 08-16-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burton160w (Post 726371)
i slow down. No brakes, just ease off the accelerator slowly. I'm not in a rush to get anywhere, hope you weren't either :)

+1. And even that act has gotten me the finger a few times...

GoldenSahara00 08-16-2010 11:45 AM

I do the slow down thing too, and you always toss whatever items on hand out the top.. greasy noodles, spit, pennys, a spare tire iron...

GoldenSahara00 08-16-2010 11:46 AM

Haha Ill check out those vids tonight^ Im gona go eat and get back to work, I have my new front bumper coming in sometime today and already have a plateful ;) Thanks for all the ideas! get me one of those stickers :D

stabs05 08-16-2010 12:57 PM

I typically drive 5 miles over the speed limit. If that's not fast enough for someone else and they start tailgating i slow to the speed limit exactly. If they back off enough then I speed back up. If they start tailgating again... well you get the picture. I consider it an education.

tailhole 08-16-2010 12:57 PM

ease off the road and throw up some rocks. it all ways works

Gate53 08-16-2010 01:06 PM

I know several truckers that consider tailgaters the perfect time to empty a 1/2 gal pee bottle out the window. Bet that makes the heater smell good.

ParaCAD 08-16-2010 01:11 PM

I party with them at UM games! Drink a lot of beer, throw the football and I grill a ton of meat!!....gawd i'm glad football season is coming back!

/offtopic

TOKKIE 08-16-2010 01:13 PM

In the jeep slow way down, enjoy the scenery untill we get to two lanes, then they can always get past the jeep. With the Camaro same thing, but really pisses them off when you get to the two lane and I open up 400hp and 450lbft of torque.

GoldenSahara00 08-16-2010 01:37 PM

Haha I think you should combine your jeep and camaro ;) I was just thinkin this over last night, I could put a 6.2 hemi in my jeep and have it pushin 560 hp. then again id be bankrupt.... haha.

ParaCad I love how you pretend that were talking about tailgaiting not the act of following to closely :P

Stabs - thats what I do

The pee is nasty. and throwing rocks is only for when Im pissed. which is not often when im driving my Jeep :)))

McGridDLe 08-16-2010 01:41 PM

that rant was awesome haha.. might consider the flood light idea!

ParaCAD 08-16-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 726988)
Haha I think you should combine your jeep and camaro ;) I was just thinkin this over last night, I could put a 6.2 hemi in my jeep and have it pushin 560 hp. then again id be bankrupt.... haha.

ParaCad I love how you pretend that were talking about tailgaiting not the act of following to closely :P

Stabs - thats what I do

The pee is nasty. and throwing rocks is only for when Im pissed. which is not often when im driving my Jeep :)))

:D:D Yea well, got football on my mind...and if i start talking about people tailgating me, i get too aggravated :banghead:

Maybe its just me..but on a daily basis people are increasingly acting like idiots out there on the road!

Relax AJ, Relax..
:blunt::blunt::blunt:

Kate 08-16-2010 01:58 PM

I have done so many evil things to tailgaters that I'd hate to admit to some of them.

Currently, I wait until we get to a double yellow line, then take my foot off of the throttle and get down to about 25 mph, just before it gets back to a passing lane, I'm go back up to the speed limit. If it bothers them enough, they will risk a ticket to go around me. Or, on the freeway I'll pull in along side a big truck, and match his speed for a few miles effectively blocking off both lanes on the highway.

Eventually they are so damn glad to be able to pass me they get the hell out of there and leave me alone.

I have wondered, how I could go about rigging a small box of rocks under my Jeep, with a quick release. I'm telling ya, I HATE tailgaters.

Or those people that pull right up on your back bumper at stop lights. Oh, they chap my hide.

steamnsteel 08-16-2010 02:16 PM

While driving my rubi all i have to do is let off on the skinny pedal, jeeps slows down fast and they start looking for grass:D.

While doing the 1-2 shift on the six speed watch your tailgaters slam the brakes when you short shift into 2nd, they will go around in a hurry.