Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   warn hub question (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/warn-hub-question-586929.html)

98 tj sport 03-13-2014 12:50 AM

warn hub question
 
Do any of u guys know if a warn hub conversion kit out of a 94 xj will work on a tj d30 found a guy selling one bit it is on off of a 94 xj and wanted to make sure it would fit before I went and got it

Jerry Bransford 03-13-2014 01:06 AM

It should work, XJ & TJ D30 axles are basically the same so far as the hubs & axle shafts are concerned.

98 tj sport 03-13-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 9002273)
It should work, XJ & TJ D30 axles are basically the same so far as the hubs & axle shafts are concerned.

That's what I was thinking just wanted a second opinion. May try to pick them up he says it's chromoly shafts and the kit and is asking like 500 for all of it doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Digger84 03-13-2014 08:31 AM

see here

98 tj sport 03-13-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digger84 (Post 9005305)
see here

?

Digger84 03-13-2014 09:10 AM

I attached warn hub conversion instruction PDF with part numbers and diagrams but for me the attachments are only available on my laptop wrangler forum connection and don't show up on my itouch forum app so hopefully if you log in from a pc that message PDF attachment will appear

If not I could email you the attachment

Digger84 03-13-2014 09:12 AM

Here is a paste of the instruction sheet title

WARN INDUSTRIES, INC.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE



WRANGLER, CHEROKEE AND COMANCHE, FRONT AXLE
WHEEL HUB CONVERSION KIT

*THIS KIT IS NOT INTENDED FOR VEHICLES WITH ABS AND WILL
CHANGE BOLT PATTERN TO 5 ON 5.5*

*Use 1980 - 1986 CJ7 front rotor (Bendix P/N 141257). Before starting, be sure to
machine rotor O.D. to 11” and “hat” O.D. to 7”. See Figure 1 on page 1

98 tj sport 03-13-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digger84 (Post 9006073)
Here is a paste of the instruction sheet title

WARN INDUSTRIES, INC.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE

WRANGLER, CHEROKEE AND COMANCHE, FRONT AXLE
WHEEL HUB CONVERSION KIT

*THIS KIT IS NOT INTENDED FOR VEHICLES WITH ABS AND WILL
CHANGE BOLT PATTERN TO 5 ON 5.5*

*Use 1980 - 1986 CJ7 front rotor (Bendix P/N 141257). Before starting, be sure to
machine rotor O.D. to 11” and “hat” O.D. to 7”. See Figure 1 on page 1

Idk if that's the same kit this one is still 5 on 4.5 not 5 on 5.5

Digger84 03-13-2014 10:25 AM

Nope my kit used full size warn locking hubs so the lugs had to be a bigger 5.5 circle to give room for the full size hubs. The smaller hub kits get mixed reviews for strength.

But as my kit fit both my 98 TJ and Cherokees (per instructions) I would guess same would be true for smaller hub kit one kit fits both

My 98 sport also has the warn full floater rear axles with full size warn rear locking hubs and the warn rear disc brake kit and uses the CJ front rotors on all four corners. So mine is 5 on 5.5 all around

98 tj sport 03-13-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digger84 (Post 9007697)
Nope my kit used full size warn locking hubs so the lugs had to be a bigger 5.5 circle to give room for the full size hubs. The smaller hub kits get mixed reviews for strength.

But as my kit fit both my 98 TJ and Cherokees (per instructions) I would guess same would be true for smaller hub kit one kit fits both

My 98 sport also has the warn full floater rear axles with full size warn rear locking hubs and the warn rear disc brake kit and uses the CJ front rotors on all four corners. So mine is 5 on 5.5 all around

Ok i may try to call warn to double check before I spend the money and hey stuck with something I can't use. Thanks though.

Jerry Bransford 03-13-2014 10:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Warn's "big" hub kit does change the wheel bolt pattern but that's it. Warn's small hub kit retains the TJ's 5x4.5" bolt pattern.

The first pic is Warn's small hub that retains the factory bolt pattern I installed onto my first TJ. Warn's big hub kit shown in the second photo has the chrome trim ring & the nicer twist knob.

All Terrain JK 03-13-2014 11:47 AM

Are these kits still available for new purchase? I have searched before and came up with nothing.

Jerry Bransford 03-13-2014 12:19 PM

Randy's Ring & Pinion at Randy's Ring & Pinion bought Warn's hub, I'm not sure if they still sell them after they took on the Yukon hub line.

Digger84 03-13-2014 12:34 PM

Warn still answers emails and can send instruction PDFs but I have not seen any for sale from warn for quite a while

I did see JP mag did a write up using a small hub lock kit from Omix-Ada.com in the April 2014 issue

All Terrain JK 03-13-2014 12:54 PM

I followed your link Jerry and all I could find at Randy's were replacement hubs. I did find Mile Marker and Yukon kits. Not sure what size stub shaft the MM kit has but the Yukon was 27 spline 4340 chromoly and uses 5x4.5 lug pattern. The Warn uses a 30 spline correct?

Jerry Bransford 03-13-2014 05:40 PM

Warn small hub = 27 spline, big hub = 30 spline.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.