Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   V8 conversion soon, advice on Novak conversion parts? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/v8-conversion-soon-advice-on-novak-conversion-parts-58885.html)

DontTellMeAboutCajun 08-20-2010 05:15 PM

V8 conversion soon, advice on Novak conversion parts?

Hi all,

I'll be doing an engine swap in my TJ soon and plan to use Novak conversion parts. I'm not finding much information online in terms of customer satisfaction, or any product ratings, durability, etc. for their parts. Their website is top-notch, chocked full of useful information and they seem to know what they're talking about over the phone. Just wondering if anyone has utilized them before and their experience with them. Thanks in advance :)

For the curious, soon I'll be swapping my '97 TJ's 2.5l for a 5.3l vortec. I'll mate the V8 to an AX15 tranny, or possibly an NV3550 if I can find one and stay within my budget. Yes, I'll take many pictures and keep you all updated! This project is still about 1/2 months away, waiting for cooler weather :)

yjkid95 08-20-2010 05:23 PM

Hey there bud, I'm actually dealing with them for my V8 swap in my yj im putting a carbuerated chevy 350 in with a 700r4 tranny and np231j tcase. I got there mounts and adapting kit to mate the 700r4 to the np231j. The mounts and adapting kit are actually under warranty by them which to me shows how confident they are about there product. There customer service is also outstanding. When i order the motor mounts and rearmount they sent me 2 sets of motormounts and 2 rearmounts. I called them up and told them about it the next day ups was at my door to pick up the extra parts and i got an instant refund with no restocking fees since it was there fault.

DontTellMeAboutCajun 08-20-2010 06:25 PM

yjkid,

Glad to hear a reputable response! I figured they're worth their salt, but naturally don't want to go into this endeavor blindly. Thanks for your response, and hope your build goes well :)

yjkid95 08-20-2010 06:31 PM

Your more then welcome actually Uplifted recommended them when I first got my jeep and joined this forum. So I figured if his V8 swap went well with them i might as well give them a try. Good luck with your build as well.

jim_n_Looziana 08-20-2010 08:03 PM

Hey, Houma......I am about to wedge a small block GM in my '03, also........I am up here around Gonzales.....we should get together......

Jerry Bransford 08-20-2010 08:05 PM

I've used Novak before and their sales support is very good. One more company to look into who has been in that business far longer is Advance Adapters. :)

DontTellMeAboutCajun 08-21-2010 03:25 PM

Jerry,

Thanks for your reply! Haven't heard of/seen Advance Adapters, but will check 'em out. I'm impressed by Novak, though I still have yet to order my first part. They seem a bit pricey, but I suppose their quality is top-notch

DontTellMeAboutCajun 08-21-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim_n_Looziana (Post 734524)
Hey, Houma......I am about to wedge a small block GM in my '03, also........I am up here around Gonzales.....we should get together......

Most certainly :)