Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   **HTC EVO (android) (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/htc-evo-android-59208.html)

ParaCAD 08-23-2010 10:30 AM

**HTC EVO (android)
 
I'm just too excited not to say it...:D:D

I just got my new EVO on saturday. Best Buy SAYS they tried to call three times last week. I don't believe that.

Anywho. So far i'm loving it (this comes from a previous iPhone owner)

Still need to get in, and to some exploring. We need to come up with a a way to view the forum for Andriod phones.
-----------------------------------------------
As i mentioned in another post, easiest, quickest way would be to (being that this is a vB forum) would be to submit the forum to Tapatalk <---Forum owner can read for more info. its all free too..The end user would just have to install the app, free or paid versions.

This would do away with HAVING to create an Android specific app. I'm highly suggesting doing this, because i've been using iphone for years, jailbreaking and such, and Andriod is gaining ground crazy fast. And this will increase for sure, the member participation...

Just my $.15 <----i felt the value of this post was worth a little more than $0.02 :rofl:

cavediverjc 08-23-2010 11:34 AM

This Video Is NSFW
 
OK, turn your sound down if you're in a public place. If you can't handle a little swearing, don't watch this video. I posted it because it's funny and I think some people will enjoy it, not to piss off anyone who can't handle a little swearing.

YouTube - iPhone4 vs HTC Evo

XV_ 08-23-2010 11:36 AM

waiting for samsung epic 4g myself :punk:

Ibuildembig 08-23-2010 11:38 AM

Wait a lil longer and Verizon will be 4G :)

PTaylor 08-23-2010 11:43 AM

Only thing that worries me about these new smart phones is trojans/virus.

While I don't like Apples approach to locking the device down, it did make it a little more safe and secure.

The android, that's the one I feel hackers are gonna hammer. they're already a few things in the wild to exploit weaknesses. I think it's gonna get worse, I'm really surprised it isn't worse than it is.


Apples working on a way to lock down the IPhone again. that's gonna be interesting because it's been legally allowed now so it can be unlocked. I'm not sure how that's gonna work out.....You buy one, unlock it, they brick it, even though you paid for it and it is supposedly legal to do so.

Ibuildembig 08-23-2010 11:48 AM

I wouldn't have a smart phone anyway...I'm way too hard on um. That's why I won't give up my G'zone :)...its even taken a lick from the forklift. We do sell a ton of smart phones though...the way of the future it seems

XV_ 08-23-2010 12:01 PM

who remembers the days when cell phones didnt have a contact list, had antenas, and neon green backlight with black text

Ibuildembig 08-23-2010 12:05 PM

I do I do hehe...We have been in communications since 1959. I had the first cell phone in my highschool in 1991 when cellular came here. It had two options, send and end lol

XV_ 08-23-2010 12:10 PM

lol, dude i tought i was the coolest kid on the block when i got a samsung from sprint with a BLUE backlight and a walking panda screensaver AHAHAHA man i should have kept that phone

Ibuildembig 08-23-2010 12:13 PM

Worst thing is, the phones back then worked better before digital.

mrcarcrazy 08-23-2010 12:13 PM

I love the simplicity of the iphone. and Sprint is horrid here. (as is verizon)

My old phones (before ATT went to the new(er) signal type) kept getting cloned and used in Mexico...those 2000.00 monthly cell bills scare you.

but I'm one of those silly guys that can't seem to find a good enough reason to jailbreak.

I had a 3G, it was good, but now the 4.0 is much improved. (I wouldn't trade it for anything currently available) But that's why they make different models. Me and the wife use "facetime" quite often. its gimicky, but I like it a lot.

XV_ 08-23-2010 12:20 PM

I sometimes wonder, do i really want to be reached 24/7, it was much easier to lie about where i was when cell phones werent around lol

Ibuildembig 08-23-2010 12:32 PM

Man I envy that lol...they had a pager on me at 14 lol....now that I am higher up, I am attached like a leash

mrcarcrazy 08-23-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibuildembig (Post 738160)
Man I envy that lol...they had a pager on me at 14 lol....now that I am higher up, I am attached like a leash

+1. I do at times get tired of being available all the time. Luckily for me I'm not that popular...

Ibuildembig 08-23-2010 12:36 PM

Funny you say that...doesn't seem I am that popular at work either. But get me out of here for over 2 hours and I can't get off the damn phone

XV_ 08-23-2010 12:45 PM

now that i think about it

no cell phone pros:
cant be reached 24/7
save $100+ a month
dont have to carry that crap in my pocket

no cell phone cons:
no quick look ups
no reminders
no easy access to 911
no hummer hunting camera
no work email

hmmmmmmm

Comicnut25 08-23-2010 12:56 PM

Well either way that video was freaking funny ! All valid points but nobody can beat the iPhone for the dependability no virus etc but yes AT&T sucks donkey

cavediverjc 08-23-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comicnut25 (Post 738212)
Well either way that video was freaking funny ! All valid points but nobody can beat the iPhone for the dependability no virus etc but yes AT&T sucks donkey

I thought some people might like it. :D I don't have a smartphone, so I don't really have a dog in this fight. I don't have anything against the iPhone, just thought the video was funny.

Ibuildembig 08-23-2010 02:17 PM

There are lots of problems with the i-phone, hence why their market stock is falling

ParaCAD 08-23-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 738058)
OK, turn your sound down if you're in a public place. If you can't handle a little swearing, don't watch this video. I posted it because it's funny and I think some people will enjoy it, not to piss off anyone who can't handle a little swearing.

YouTube - iPhone4 vs HTC Evo

Haha!...thats hilarious :D...I loved my iPhone. It's all the fault of ATT's coverage and service that made me leave. If only i had the faith that ATT would improve i would've stuck it out and went to the iPhone4. But they gave me nothing to go on. One tech, when i was trying to get info when a tower would get fixed and said how coverage was down to zero over nite, and stayed that way for months. He had no clue when it would get fixed..So i said I guess im stuch paying for service i cant use? He actually told me. "Maybe you should find a provider that had better coverage in your area" :rofl: I said, "Well i guess that solves it, goodbye" Now i'm on sprint, and signal strength is great.


Quote:

Originally Posted by XV_ (Post 738062)
waiting for samsung epic 4g myself :punk:

Thats a nice phone. I'm not a fan of flip/siders tho..i like no moving parts...Almost passed on the EVO because of the 'kick stand'...lol But its a great phone so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy (Post 738123)
I love the simplicity of the iphone. and Sprint is horrid here. (as is verizon)

My old phones (before ATT went to the new(er) signal type) kept getting cloned and used in Mexico...those 2000.00 monthly cell bills scare you.

but I'm one of those silly guys that can't seem to find a good enough reason to jailbreak.

I had a 3G, it was good, but now the 4.0 is much improved. (I wouldn't trade it for anything currently available) But that's why they make different models. Me and the wife use "facetime" quite often. its gimicky, but I like it a lot.

I bet the 4 is great. Theres a guy (rudeboy) on these forums that has iPhone 4 that i used to blog for on his smartphone site, and he runs another blog now (all apple *iphone* info)..Knows his sh!t....between him and I, we could give you a ton of reasons to Jailbreak..lol Everytime my iphone wasn't jailbroken for a period of time, between OS's or from a resore/update....the phone felt usless...lol (of course it wasn't) I just had so many conviniences...But with the iOS4 on the iPhone4, you definitely have it better than i did..I did all my iPhone-ing on just the 3G:D:D



PS - Any thought from moderators or admin about this Tapatalk?
Rudeboy can give a little insight on the ease of registering for Tapatalk....
Thats if he cares too:flipoff:

AzTJ 08-23-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParaCAD (Post 737943)
As i mentioned in another post, easiest, quickest way would be to (being that this is a vB forum) would be to submit the forum to Tapatalk <---Forum owner can read for more info. its all free too..The end user would just have to install the app, free or paid versions.

This would do away with HAVING to create an Android specific app. I'm highly suggesting doing this, because i've been using iphone for years, jailbreaking and such, and Andriod is gaining ground crazy fast. And this will increase for sure, the member participation...

Just my $.15 <----i felt the value of this post was worth a little more than $0.02 :rofl:

Congrats on your new Android, I love my Droid X. :D

The reason Tapatalk hasn't been implimented is because of some inherit security risks with vBulliten. I'm sure the admins will look into it more but they ARE currently having an android app being developed. :wavey:

Check out Alldriod.org and droidforums.net for info on how to tweak your phone.

biffman 08-23-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XV_ (Post 738102)
who remembers the days when cell phones didnt have a contact list, had antenas, and neon green backlight with black text

When I bought my most recent cell phone (Droid) the sales lady was going through all of the options and stuff they could do. I stopped her and asked her a serious question and she looked at me funny. I asked, that's great, but can it make phone calls? Because really, I need it to be able to make calls, that's why I'm getting a phone.

Comicnut25 08-23-2010 10:52 PM

Don't really care what anybody says about the iPhone I've had two never ever had a problem with anything but AT&T !! The phone does everything and is indestructible !! But that video was funny!!

Speed2005 08-23-2010 10:56 PM

I have an evo as well. donno how I lived w/o it

rudeboy 08-23-2010 11:36 PM

get an iPhone, there's a nice app for this forum.



(I had to say it.. :D

ParaCAD 08-24-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudeboy (Post 739226)
get an iPhone, there's a nice app for this forum.



(I had to say it.. :D

Of course you did :rofl:

BLACKTOOTHGRIN 08-24-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 738058)
OK, turn your sound down if you're in a public place. If you can't handle a little swearing, don't watch this video. I posted it because it's funny and I think some people will enjoy it, not to piss off anyone who can't handle a little swearing.

YouTube - iPhone4 vs HTC Evo

Great video man...:rofl:
That says it all right there!

I'm not so much against the iphone itself,
as I am with alot of the people that use the damn thing.
This video really hits the nail on the head when it comes to that.
Some people just HAVE to have one regardless of having any common sense with the whole scenario.
There are plenty of other phones out there that are every bit as capable, if not more capable, than the iphone.
But if it's not an iphone, it's not as good. :rolleyes: :flipoff:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibuildembig (Post 738075)
I wouldn't have a smart phone anyway...I'm way too hard on um. That's why I won't give up my G'zone :)...its even taken a lick from the forklift. We do sell a ton of smart phones though...the way of the future it seems

Glad to hear you like your G'Zone.
You're talking about the "Rock", right?
I was wanting to get one of those because I too am kinda hard on my phones.

I read some reviews on that phone though,
and quite a few people are complaining that if you don't hold it just right
it's hard for people on the other end to hear you and vise/versa because of the added rubber inside around the speaker and mic.
(water protection)
They also complained about it locking up and having slow menus.
That makes me a bit leery as
$150 for a just a basic phone is a bit pricey.
Can you confirm or deny any of this?

Ibuildembig 08-24-2010 11:14 AM

I'm using the original G'zone 2.0...I think there were 4 versions. After mine there was the Boulder, and now the Rock. We sell alot of them to my buddies who are equally as hard on um with great success. I think we have only had one failure out of 300 or so and it was in the first few days. I'm in the process of finding one like mine but with "push to talk" since verizon's new network for that is awesome and everyone here is on it. If I were you I would look for a used one on ebay and try it out before you got a new one. I do love mine though, my niece chucked it in the pool the other night...no problems :)...gotta love that

BLACKTOOTHGRIN 08-24-2010 11:24 AM

Yeah....I've heard those older ones are the real deal.
Some people are saying that they sacrificed quality and functionality
for extra features and cosmetics with this new Rock.
It's obviously still built like a brick sh#thouse, I was just curious about the call quality, as that's the most important function of a phone...right??? :rolleyes:
LOL!

Croakus 08-24-2010 11:41 AM

I love my EVO ... totally amazing piece of hardware and well designed operating system.

Although I have to laugh a little when I think about the processing power. Years ago I did virtual reality simulations for a large company, so I had a very expensive workstation with all the most cutting edge stuff. When you compare specs, the EVO makes that workstation I had look like a calculator.

And this is my "phone!"


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.