Which Lift?

• Skyjacker 4" lift

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Rough country 4" lift

Votes: 12 66.7%

Skyjacker 4" lift vs. Rough country 4" lift

34K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Jerry Bransford 
#1 ·
I am debating between these 2. Because they are in my price range and look like good kits for the price. So what do you guys think?
which do you like better/ is better road and offroad quality and comfort?
Anyone got any pics of a Jeep with 4" lift...
Any advice will be appreciated.

#2 ·
I have heard the Rough Country 4" coil is extremely rough riding. FYI They have a 3.75" kit that is the 2.5" coil (great ride) and a 1.25" body lift. Wouldn't need an SYE/CV drive shaft that route either. I have no experience nor have I heard anything about the Skyjacker.

#17 ·
From my experiences, don't pay for the gas shocks from RC. I heard they're made for a heavier rig than the jeep and tend to give a hell of a rough ride. the hydro shocks are ok.

I have the gas shocks on my YJ and they are pretty rough, but I have a whole different configuration so my opinion really isn't relevant.

all in all, I love my RC lift. For the money you can't beat it and their customer service is excellent I've heard.

#15 ·
I have a Skyjacker 6" lift on the TJ. I know it's not the 4" lift your looking at, but I haven't had any issues with the lift and the ride is decently smooth. Don't know much about the Rough Country stuff, other than most people in the local Jeep scene would probably poke fun at me for having a Rough Country lift. :rolleyes: I say go with the Skyjacker!

#19 ·
Both axles get pushed to the side with any suspension lift. An adjustable length track bar on the front and rear works best for recentering them both. But when $$$ is tight, you can get away with installing a rear trackbar relocation bracket instead of an adjustable length track bar. It may not perfectly recenter the rear axle but it gets it close enough that you won't notice the difference. Pretty much any suspension lift manufacturer makes relocation brackets for the OE rear track bar.

For the front, it's really best to just bite the bullet and install an adjustable length track bar to get the front axle centered after installing a suspension lift.

Don't forget to set the toe-in immediately after installing a suspension lift. :)

#21 ·
That depends on how many decimal places it has to centered to for it to be considered centered. For all intents and purposes, the Jeep's axles are centered when they leave the factory. But as the suspension/shocks cause the suspension to move up/down, that moves the axle side-to-side. With a micrometer, no it's not centered. With your eyeball and for how well it needs to be centered when it leaves the factory, it's centered well enough. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.