Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

somethings wrong?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  empirepball 
#1 ·
Well I went to this little spot after school that my friend found. It pretty much was a path that went off the road and around a tree but has been rutted out by people driving through it, and it was hard/sticky mud with some big tree roots to go over, it wasn't all that difficult but I had to use 4 hi to get through most off the time, I have gone through it before in 2 wheel drive when it was very wet no problem but it has dried since then. I did not feel like I hurt anything but as I was driving home my steering wheel started to shake but not really violent, when I used the brakes it pulled to the left, when I had the steering wheel straight and took my hands off the steering wheel it pulled right. When I got home, I noticed that my front right end was smoking, I looked under and the smoke was coming from the front right brake rotor. Then I went to the gym and I heard a squealing when I backed up or pulled forward slow, and if I where to drive at 5-25mph I could hear a squeking noise coming from the front right. What could possibly be the problem or problems? I could only think of warped rotor, or loose suspension parts, or maybe the steering stabilizer is going bad. Also sometimes when i start the engine it hesitates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.