98 TJ Hard Start
I have a 98 TJ with approximately 130,000 miles. Recently - within the past three months - the Jeep has developed a hard start. Here are the issues:
1. Engine catching and ignition takes no less than 2 turns of the key
2. Once started, engine has rough idle with hesitation and vibration for about 10-15 seconds
3. Idle within the first 10-15 seconds ranges between 200-800 PM
4. Once engine has idled for more than 15 seconds, there is a noticeable loss of power when accelerating within the first minute but not always
5. The engine sounds as if it's missing but I can't be sure
I have had the following installs/repairs made:
-Replaced map sensor
-Replaced "Hall Effect"? sensor
-Replaced entire fuel line and fuel pump
-Used fuel detergent 2 times
-Professionally cleaned fuel injectors
-Replaced catalytic converter and muffler
Even with the above work, the problem persists and is giving both my brain and wallet a headache. Does anyone out there have a similar problem or, better yet, do you have a solution or recommendation? Thanks for the help in advance.
did you ever figure your problem out? my YJ is doing the same thing
I'd start with a cylinder compression test.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.|
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.