Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Hard top removeal/normal tire sizes

958 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  robbiecc 
#1 ·
Hi all
Complete newb here. just got a '98 stock 4 cy, 5 spd, hard top w/slider doors. Have had it just over a week now but went away for the holiday weekend and besides driving to/from work haven't had much time to investigate.(and of course it's raining now)
Have had the slider's off but that's about it-wondering what's involved in removing the hard top/door bottoms, what fuse to pull to turn off lights/buzzer(or are the spring things recommended). Saw the latches on the windsheild frame but what else-and have rear wiper/defroster so i know there's a wire somewhere.
Also wondering about a normal size for general use tires(mostly street(for now :) )) And what would be involved in some sort of soft top for it(for summer fun)

PS-how do I put a normal sig pic in there-saw nothing for resizing it or do I have to do that on photobucket and then link to it??

#2 ·
The hard top is easy to remove, there are bolts down both sides you have to remove and you already found the latches on the windshield frame. Back corner on drivers side is where the plug is for your wiper/defroster. An all terrain 31/10.5 tire is good for an all around tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.