Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Check out please....new (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/check-out-please-new-62072.html)

JeepLife 09-17-2010 01:32 PM

Check out please....new

Hey guys im new to this and im looking for a jeep wrangler tj and i found one but idk bout the price seesm low for what it has to offer here the link to it.....any help with be great thanks!!!!!!
2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.6L Stroker

:D

jayc 09-17-2010 01:39 PM

Dont know about a 4.6L but besides that it's WAY to good to be true!!! Like the old adage If it's too good to be true...probably is. Cant hurt to go look at it, but if it's one of those send me the money type things and they'll ship it then it's DEF BS. Good luck

Jerry Bransford 09-17-2010 01:41 PM

Nice sounding Jeep but if you really intend to wheel it and want the potential to install a rear locker, bigger tires, etc., ask the seller if it has the standard Dana 35c rear axle or the optional upgraded Dana 44 rear axle which is far stronger which is strong enough for bigger tires and a locker. The standard Dana 35c axle is not. It is much easier and cheaper to find a Jeep like that with the upgraded Dana 44 rear axle already installed than it is to buy one with the standard Dana 35c and have to pay to upgrade or replace it later.

Not to mention that since he stroked that engine, no telling how much it has been driven REALLY hard.

And welcome to WF! :)

exboomer 09-17-2010 01:50 PM

That Craigslist posting is a scam.

Geoff@Bestop 09-17-2010 02:10 PM

SCAM!

Priced too good, but even worse is the ad is just one full size image. It's designed to make you click on it, which will take you to an intentionally disguised web site.

Don't let that site run any programs, and don't give the super-nice people there any personal information.

If you are still tempted, get a phone number and do business that way. Any thing you do on that web site should be suspect - so no email.

bjtoth 09-17-2010 02:37 PM

I would not "click here". Looks like a scam or spam to me.

vekrause 09-17-2010 02:41 PM

It's a scam, they copy someone's else add and post it. If you make contact, they'll tell you they are in another state, country, military, etc and need to ship it. That's when they take your money and run. Unless you can put your hands on it, and you can tell it is not a salvage title (CARFAX, good look over by a mechanic), it is almost always too good to be true.

meyers 09-17-2010 02:46 PM

Wow that looks surprisingly similar to an ad on Craig's list NH a few weeks ago LOL

mrcarcrazy 09-17-2010 02:49 PM

yup, we have tons of those on the redneck, TX craigslist as well. I almost got excited once. But the pics of said vehicle had hills in the background, so I knew it wasn't local.

jeepmedic4 09-17-2010 04:12 PM

Its complete BS and I flagged it. I get sick and tired of seeing those ads on c-list. Some people actually like to try to use it for legitimate purposes but you always have some d-bags trying to rip people off. Keep looking man. There is something legitimate out there for a good price for you. Good luck!

ollie526 09-17-2010 06:14 PM

Saw the same one posted in the providence craigslist today. Hate these scammers. Getting us all excited for nothing. I got my Jeep and most parts on craigslist, but it amazes me how many legit people post things and then never ever respond-or respond a week later saying available. By that time I've always already bought new. Goodluck on your search though. You will find it. Took me searching everyday for 3 months on CL!

IADave 09-17-2010 08:14 PM

Definitely a scam. I've seen the same craigslist ad in many cities. It seems as though $2970 is some magic price point, many vehicles listed at this price, all scams.

Owen_TJ 09-17-2010 08:59 PM

cmon now...

lilmatty5dimes 09-18-2010 02:11 PM

SCAM all over it........