Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

for New Englanders .. to early to switch out hard top

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Dx9mike 
#1 ·
im dying to get my soft top on.................

#2 ·
It's New England so it's always a gamble but IMHO I would say we are good. Red Sox opener today so dammit it's gotta be spring.

#7 ·
Same here, I only run a soft top here in NW NJ. Storing the hard top from my YJ was such a pain I would never buy a hard top ever again.

#6 ·
CT here...way too early for topless unless you wear your heavy jacket and gloves......give it another 2-3 weeks.

..............and if I see a TJ in New England in June/July/August with a hardtop on I am not waving!!!

#10 ·
I'm planning to put mine back on in the next few weeks. Whenever I go back to the barn I store it in ill probably take the hard top off

#11 ·
Long Island here. Just took swapped to the soft top last week. Although I did it in the garage with the propane heater on and it was over 70 degrees in there. Soft top went on nice and easy. I don't know how warm it is in New England now, but waiting for a warm day and do it in the sun will make the top stretch easier and make the install go smoother

#14 · (Edited)
for New Englanders .. to early to switch out hard top
In a word, no. I don't own a hard top, my soft top serves me just fine.
Of course YMMV, and invariably will...
:shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.