Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

ProClip Dash Mounts

5K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  YJ Nate 
#1 ·
I just wanted to spread the word.

I got my JK a year ago, and before it, i had an XJ. With the XJ, i was working on fabbing up a mount that would hold my 7" Nexus tablet in front of my stereo. I use my android devices for media when on the road, so it made sense.

I about had all of the parts together, just needed to start assembly, and then i saw my shiney new JK on the lot, and traded in the XJ.

So I wanted to finish up the head of steam I had going on the dash mount, and started looking around for a way to use some of the parts i'd already bought to get the tablet mounted.

I stumbled upon ProClip USA. What awesome products!

I found this: Jeep Wrangler 2013 Dashboard Mounts - ProClip USA

It's a universal mount, that gets the mount off of the windshield (which is already prime real-estate on our JK's), and on to the dash. Then I drilled it for a mount, and mounted a spring-loaded 4-prong mount to hold my tablet.

Well, after some use, i found that the tablet was not all that great for on-dash media. It worked well enough, but i had to tether it to my phone, then power it, and the phone, and then get bluetooth to play nice with two devices, it was just too much of a headache. So i didnt use the mount much.

I had a windshield mount for my old phone, so when I replaced my phone, the old mount wouldnt work anymore, so I decided to break out the ProClip, and find a mount for the new phone. I found that in the meantime, ProClip started offering more than just the mounts, now they have a bunch of hosters for many different phones. They had one that fits my phone perfectly! So i ordered that, and mounted it on the proclip mount. It works awesome!

So, i just wanted to say if you're looking for a dash mount for your devices, look at these guys! The clips, in most applications, clip to a seam in your dash, and are then easily removable. There's an adhesive on the clip, but I just didnt peel off the adhesive backing, and its secure without it. When I was using it with the tablet, i'd just clip it on when I wanted to use it, and then pull it off when I didnt.

I've recommended these to a few co-workers, and they all love them. I highly recommend them!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.