Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Rare sound in a jeep wrangler islander dash (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/rare-sound-in-a-jeep-wrangler-islander-dash-62864.html)

Catalano 09-23-2010 11:26 PM

Rare sound in a jeep wrangler islander dash

Hi,i have a rare sound in my jeep islander when i am in a red light my jeep start to make a rare sound inside the jeep when the a/c is on and the jeep is in drive and reverse.

ncossey 09-24-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catalano
Hi,i have a rare sound in my jeep islander when i am in a red light my jeep start to make a rare sound inside the jeep when the a/c is on and the jeep is in drive and reverse.

You might have a loose belt tensioner, or a broken engine mount, what does this sound, sound like?

thaduke2003 09-24-2010 06:25 AM

A "rare sound?" What in the world do you mean by that? And you mention it sounds like it's in the dash? Maybe something stuck in your vents?
Since it's an Islander, it's gotta still be under warranty- take it in! Mark W.

SLIM_SNOOPY 09-25-2010 11:08 AM

Hello to all:

I think he is reffering to the engine vibration , especially durring hot weather. I get the same sound when slowly entering or exiting my driveway slowly, or in neutral waiting for my large ice coffee at the Dunkin Donuts Drive-through...lol :rofl:

It just seems to be the vibration off the engine traveling into the interior parts of the vehicle. I have my Wrangler for 6 months now, and noticed time to time, she has a ruff idle. Nothing major, just seems to be the engines' charaterisitics.

As already mentioned, have the dealer check it out just to be sure that is the case.
SLIM_SNOOPY
:flipoff:

riskms 09-29-2010 03:15 PM

Catalano, I also have the exact problem with my 2009. It has been in the shop three times and the service guys have all heard the rattle but cannot locate it. The dash has been taken apart and foam has been put between the AC lines and firewall from the engine area thinking that may be the problem to no avail. I am at a loss as to what it is.

Catalano 10-06-2010 10:38 AM

That sound make me sad dude if you know how to fix it tell me please!!!!!!!!!

ncossey 10-06-2010 11:02 AM

Does anyone know how to fix the whistling sound when driving at speeds of around 40-50 mph, its really freaking annoying, it makes it with my hard top and soft top. My current fix is blaring liquid metal radio :)

Walkingstick 10-06-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncossey
Does anyone know how to fix the whistling sound when driving at speeds of around 40-50 mph, its really freaking annoying, it makes it with my hard top and soft top. My current fix is blaring liquid metal radio :)

Niice. That's the solution to annoying sounds indeed

Mr. Sinister 10-06-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncossey (Post 805038)

seeing as how you're driving a vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick, you're just going to get some whistles and wind noise.

is it just me, or is the sound quality on liquid metal awful? i mean even worse than the rest of the satellite radio stations.

Walkingstick 10-06-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Sinister

seeing as how you're driving a vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick, you're just going to get some whistles and wind noise.

is it just me, or is the sound quality on liquid metal awful? i mean even worse than the rest of the satellite radio stations.

It depends on the loc of the sats.
Liquid metal comes in crystal clear for me, but half the time I just pop in a Lamb Of God CD.

KBR97 10-06-2010 12:01 PM

My dashboard or windshield squeel like a mofo when I'm driving on bumpy roads....drives me absolutley bonkerss considering 90% of the roads here are like driving on the friggin moon!

JIMBOX 10-06-2010 12:16 PM

:confused: I had a light whistling sound in my '08 JKU after I put the ROCKHARD cage in !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncossey (Post 805038)

With the hardtop ON and the "T" tops in place, the sound came from the drivers, upper forward corner !!

I took the drivers door off and moved the UPPER door hinge INWARD 1/8" and that SNUGGED the door against all seals--

It could be drver/passenger-you'll have to find out, but you have to be careful repositioning the hinge, because the top/bottom have to be parallel, for the door pins !!!

Good luck

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

riskms 10-12-2010 12:29 AM

My rattle coming from what sounded like behind my radio when initially accelerating and decelerating to a stop has been solved! After many trips to the dealer. The last time I carried it I mentioned the sound only occurs when the AC is on so the service manager assigned it to their AC tech and he determined the AC lines coming through the firewall from the engine compartment were hitting the hood at the closest point. We put foam between the hood and AC line AND put a brace to hold BOTH lines stable and to keep them from bumping. It has definitely fixed my problem.

Ageless Stranger 10-12-2010 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBR97 (Post 805134)
My dashboard or windshield squeel like a mofo when I'm driving on bumpy roads....drives me absolutley bonkerss considering 90% of the roads here are like driving on the friggin moon!

Have you driven on the moon? Cause that would probably top even Moab as a wheeling destination. :p