Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   Smart Plugs. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/smart-plugs-62988.html)

Ted_D 09-25-2010 09:08 AM

Smart Plugs.
 
In the next few weeks I am going to be trying out Smart Plugs. I think these guys may have it going on

SmartPlugs.com - Home Page (Flash)

ammoniaman 09-25-2010 09:42 AM

This is the first time I have seen these. Let us know how they work.

XtrmTJ 09-25-2010 09:47 AM

Please post up when you install these. How much $$ How do they work/perform? HP & MPG gains? Thanks :wavey:

rrich 09-25-2010 10:24 AM

PT Barnum was right.

Jerry Bransford 09-25-2010 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted_D (Post 787867)
In the next few weeks I am going to be trying out Smart Plugs. I think these guys may have it going on

SmartPlugs.com - Home Page (Flash)

To enhance RRich's remark, PT Barnum was right when he said "There's a sucker born every minute".

meyers 09-25-2010 12:49 PM

Wow these things do everything but cure cancer, bet that is in the next version.. BTW how does a "spark" plug work in diesel engine HMM

Jerry Bransford 09-25-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meyers (Post 788075)
Wow these things do everything but cure cancer, bet that is in the next version.. BTW how does a "spark" plug work in diesel engine HMM

I prefer Splitfire plugs for my diesel engine, they added 2 mpg and 10 hp. :blunt:

meyers 09-25-2010 12:57 PM

I really wonder if that is a joke website, they cannot be serious

Atthehop 09-25-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meyers (Post 788089)
I really wonder if that is a joke website, they cannot be serious

Of course they are serious. They hooked Ted D didn't they. Do you think he wants a share of my Brooklyn Bridge. Not many shares left.

Ted_D 09-25-2010 01:21 PM

I made a delivery at their shop yesterday. Its out by the airport here. They have engines set up running on these things. Believe it or not they work. How I dont know but they engines run on them.

Thesnufalufagus 09-25-2010 01:21 PM

Don't buy any product with the name discount or smart in it.

Jerry Bransford 09-25-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted_D (Post 788114)
I made a delivery at their shop yesterday. Its out by the airport here. They have engines set up running on these things. Believe it or not they work. How I dont know but they engines run on them.

And that is supposed to be proof of their being something unusual or a break-through design? Model-T engines ran very well on some pretty darned crude spark plugs.

rrich 09-25-2010 01:37 PM

They are looking for investors - look at their website.

If they had a real product, they wouldn't have to look for them, there would be a long line of people and companies clammering for a piece of the action.

County fair stuff.

Atthehop 09-25-2010 01:38 PM

Think about this, it it improved MPG don't you think every auto manufacturer would be using them since they have to meet higher CAFE standards every year.

Jerry Bransford 09-25-2010 04:20 PM

New plugs can always be expected to give better mpg. True. That is if the old plugs were totally wore out, barely hanging together, and barely able to produce a spark. That is how these gimmick spark plug manufacturers get away with claiming better mpg. They compare them to old totally worn out plugs. Of course any new plug would have also improved the mpg by the same amount. :p

N39-W120 09-25-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meyers (Post 788075)
Wow these things do everything but cure cancer, bet that is in the next version.. BTW how does a "spark" plug work in diesel engine HMM


I didn't catch that the first time around..... If I buy these "plugs" can I get rid of the flux capacitor?

ammoniaman 09-25-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N39-W120 (Post 788407)
I didn't catch that the first time around..... If I buy these "plugs" can I get rid of the flux capacitor?

No way! You'll lose your ability for time travel.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.