Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   How do you carry firearms in the Jeep? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/how-do-you-carry-firearms-in-the-jeep-63181.html)

dale914 09-26-2010 11:06 PM

How do you carry firearms in the Jeep?

I have seen some threads of people talking about never taking their Jeep out without a firearm on them, and I was just wondering if anybody ever leaves their weapons inside the Jeep. Where would you?
I'm not too confident in the security of the Jeep to ever leave one in there. The glove box and the center arm rest locks are both broken (which seems consistant on all Jeeps), but where would you stash a handgun? Or a rifle? I'm about to head out hunting and just planned on throwing it in the back, but I'm curious to know how others keep theirs.
Thanks!

bigjosh 09-26-2010 11:47 PM

with my shotgun i tend to keep it in a takedown case that locks, and i usually chain it to the roll cage if i plan on going anywhere outside of the jeep without it. my jeeps been broken into way to many times. and as far a handgun goes, never leave it in the jeep, atleast thats how i see it

ncossey 09-26-2010 11:48 PM

Buy an underseat metal lockbox, they aint breaking into that.

cavediverjc 09-27-2010 06:43 AM

Most gunshops will have some sort of lockable, metal box that itself can be cable locked to a seat riser or your rollcage. They're usually under $50 and are great insurance if you HAVE to leave your weapon in your vehicle. Sometimes you do.

cavediverjc 09-27-2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 790090)
with my shotgun i tend to keep it in a takedown case that locks, and i usually chain it to the roll cage if i plan on going anywhere outside of the jeep without it. my jeeps been broken into way to many times. and as far a handgun goes, never leave it in the jeep, atleast thats how i see it

Sometimes you have to. Can't go onto any school grounds with a weapon on you. Can't go into any state/federal gov't buildings with a firearm, etc. There are times when you simply CAN'T carry and you have to leave the weapon in the vehicle.

Boosta 09-27-2010 06:58 AM

Buy this

Tuffy 247-01 - Tuffy Security Products Conceal Carry Underseat Security Drawer for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

or this depending on your model Jeep.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14040_0000_07.htm

XtrmTJ 09-27-2010 02:22 PM

On my hip ! :punk:

uplifted 09-27-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtrmTJ (Post 790653)
On my hip ! :punk:

I second that...:D

If it's a situation where i know i can't carry then I usually leave the guns at home or locked it in the console but not before disassembling it for safety..

bobjenkins 09-27-2010 02:36 PM

id say if you have no box, cant carry it. disasemble it and take a piece with you :)

svmtbman 09-27-2010 02:56 PM

+1 that's what I have and it works great for handguns as well as my iPod and faceplate from the stereo.

mrcarcrazy 09-27-2010 03:17 PM

Tuffy center console...

I will be buying a bestop under seat box once it comes out. Geoff, it better not disappoint ;)

I've apparently been under a rock, b/c I was 100% unaware that Tuffy had a box out already for under seat storage....but it says non flip forward seat, my seat flips forward....

Boosta 09-27-2010 03:23 PM

I initially purchased the bestop underseat box but sent it back after I received it becasue I did not like the construction. It looked like my 7 year old could open it up. The Tuffy box is extremely durable with anti pry mechanisms on the lock. It is more expensive than the besttop but you get what you pay for. I figure paying $50 more is better than someone stealing a deadly weapon that cost me $1200!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy (Post 790731)
Tuffy center console...

I will be buying a bestop under seat box once it comes out. Geoff, it better not disappoint ;)

WellsR 09-27-2010 04:05 PM

Now I feel like I should carry a handgun with me everywhere lol. But I always have my butterfly knife on me, ALWAYS. And if I really cant take it with me I will leave it home but thats pretty rare

mrcarcrazy 09-27-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WellsR
Now I feel like I should carry a handgun with me everywhere lol. But I always have my butterfly knife on me, ALWAYS. And if I really cant take it with me I will leave it home but thats pretty rare

U know what they say "don't bring a knife to a gun fight" ;)
I carry a pocket knife always. But it's more for utility. As I always seem to use it. It may be the eagle scout in me.

WellsR 09-27-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy (Post 791335)
I carry a pocket knife always. But it's more for utility. As I always seem to use it. It may be the eagle scout in me.

Oh yea mines for utility mostly. Its gotten me out of a few bad situations though

bobjenkins 09-27-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy (Post 790731)
Tuffy center console...

tuffys has a box but its way too overprice, heck they have a box that is so small it will only fit a radio faceplate. and its 99 bucks.

Im also going to buy an underseat bestop box hopefully by then ill have a p99 to put in it:rofl:

cavediverjc 09-28-2010 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy (Post 791335)

Trust me, with the proper training, you can do A LOT of damage with a knife, especially if your life is on the line. I always carry my blade. Everywhere.

I'd rather get accosted by a man with a gun than a man with a knife. There is a HUGE psychological boundary with a gun. People are more apt to "show" you a gun to get you to do what they want you to do, since they know you'll be scared and that they PROBABLY won't have to use it. Guns are easy to show to a human, but hard to shoot at a human. Knives are wicked instruments, and a man with a knife will often times use it.

Get the proper training. Know thy enemy. :D

That being said, I also carry a firearm. Never can be too prepared. :D

bwdenman 09-28-2010 06:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This should do the trick.

mrcarcrazy 09-28-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc

Trust me, with the proper training, you can do A LOT of damage with a knife, especially if your life is on the line. I always carry my blade. Everywhere.

I'd rather get accosted by a man with a gun than a man with a knife. There is a HUGE psychological boundary with a gun. People are more apt to "show" you a gun to get you to do what they want you to do, since they know you'll be scared and that they PROBABLY won't have to use it. Guns are easy to show to a human, but hard to shoot at a human. Knives are wicked instruments, and a man with a knife will often times use it.

This I can't argue. But I'll trust my gun skills to keep a knife yielded wacko far enough away to minimize the threat. To me the advantage with a gun is the distance factor. You shouldn't pull any weapon unless you are going to use it.

People who are trained with a knife can be quite terrifying.

My best anti-threat weapon is my mouth. I apparently have a way with words, kept me out of a lot of things.

harve22 09-28-2010 08:31 AM

I have a Tuffy Concealed Carry Underseat in both my "JK" and "TJ", but with that said; Where does everyone stow their weapon when driving? My Concealed Carry is a Glock 30 which stays on me, but if I'm open carrying I have a SA XD-45 which is not real comfortable sitting on my hip when driving. I've been trying to figure out a location to mount a holster, but haven't found an ideal location.

30-284 09-28-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy (Post 791867)

My best anti-threat weapon is my mouth. .

Always better to talk your way out of a gun fight than to shoot your way into one. Hope for peace, prepare for war. Never be unarmed.

Donn

XtrmTJ 09-28-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 791774)

True there, Don't show up at a gun fight armed with only a knife ! :bottom:

mrcarcrazy 09-28-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harve22 (Post 791894)
I have a Tuffy Concealed Carry Underseat in both my "JK" and "TJ", but with that said; Where does everyone stow their weapon when driving? My Concealed Carry is a Glock 30 which stays on me, but if I'm open carrying I have a SA XD-45 which is not real comfortable sitting on my hip when driving. I've been trying to figure out a location to mount a holster, but haven't found an ideal location.

get a smaller carry weapon:D

In TX we can't open carry, everything needs to be out of sight. so I keep a firearm in my tuffy console. (so when I'm in my jeep I have two firearms within arms reach.)

cavediverjc 09-28-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy (Post 792035)
get a smaller carry weapon:D

In TX we can't open carry, everything needs to be out of sight. so I keep a firearm in my tuffy console. (so when I'm in my jeep I have two firearms within arms reach.)

That's news. I figured Texas would be an open-carry state. Kansas is open-carry. And they just lowered their costs involved with applying for your CCH permit, so it's even cheaper now to get your concealed carry.

In Kansas, they don't care if you carry, but if you're going to conceal your weapon, you'd better have a CCH permit. Otherwise you're pretty much left alone.

mrcarcrazy 09-28-2010 02:39 PM

yeah, its odd...you'd think Texas would be the most leaniant of any state (since we're all gun toting cowboys/rednecks)....but apparently we are more strict here than many states.

bobjenkins 09-29-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy (Post 791867)
This I can't argue. But I'll trust my gun skills to keep a knife yielded wacko far enough away to minimize the threat. To me the advantage with a gun is the distance factor. You shouldn't pull any weapon unless you are going to use it.

People who are trained with a knife can be quite terrifying.

My best anti-threat weapon is my mouth. I apparently have a way with words, kept me out of a lot of things.

indeed

YouTube - sword practice

WellsR 09-29-2010 01:32 PM

Im some what good with a knife. Really if you can pull of some sick moves with the butterfly it will keep people away it seems very intimadating. Its acctually helped me out yesterday. Some kid was talking trash and pulled out a switch blade so I pulled out my butterfly and scared his ass then afterwards I went home and did some off roading to calm down :)

saltwaterwop 09-29-2010 01:34 PM

5 D cell Mag-Light

530ktm 09-29-2010 02:18 PM

Out here in good old California you are not supposed to even have a BB gun up in the mountains, or so a ranger told me. I was with my young boy and took him jeeping with his BB gun and this is what the ranger told me. What a crock! I decide it best not to tell her I have my 357 in my center console. The only people allowed to carry guns out in this state are all the gang bangers and low lifes.

bobjenkins 09-29-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 530ktm (Post 793955)
Out here in good old California you are not supposed to even have a BB gun up in the mountains, or so a ranger told me. I was with my young boy and took him jeeping with his BB gun and this is what the ranger told me. What a crock! I decide it best not to tell her I have my 357 in my center console. The only people allowed to carry guns out in this state are all the gang bangers and low lifes.

ouch its gunna suck when I move there. guess the beach and women level it out tho. if Im right arizona just passed a law this ytear. everyone can carry concealed without a permit