Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Cost of HVAC Replacement Vents - Am I Crazy? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/cost-of-hvac-replacement-vents-am-i-crazy-64115.html)

jpg103 10-04-2010 07:17 PM

Cost of HVAC Replacement Vents - Am I Crazy?

I called a local dealer today to inquire about the price of replacement HVAC dash vents in my '03 TJ (some of the slats have been broken off of the track and no long rotate when the thumbwheel is adjusted.)

The parts department quoted me: $69.70 each for the inboard replacements and $72.33 each for the driver and passenger side replacements for a total of $311.01 :eek:. To the guy's credit, he suggested a local salvage Jeep part dealer which was going to be my next choice.

Were he and I talking about the same parts or are these things just that expensive from the dealer. The prices seem insane.

Ray - San Jose 10-04-2010 07:23 PM

I'm pulling my center ones out of my '02 to mount my air locker switches. They are Agate (charcoal grey). Just tossed them in the parts box a couple days ago. Excellent condition if you want to make an offer on em.

jpg103 10-04-2010 07:33 PM

Ray, let me check with my local salvage dealer first for some black ones and then I'll let you know if I'm still in need. Thanks!

InfernoGirl 10-04-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray - San Jose (Post 802116)
I'm pulling my center ones out of my '02 to mount my air locker switches. They are Agate (charcoal grey). Just tossed them in the parts box a couple days ago. Excellent condition if you want to make an offer on em.

If he doesn't want them I'll take one. I have a broken one too... :)

warlock4890 10-04-2010 09:51 PM

Check with Daveys Jeeps (D A V E Y S J E E P S . C O M - Specializing in Jeeps & Jeep Parts). They are a Jeep wrecker that sells parts online. Pretty good prices. Pay through paypal and they ship your stuff...

GreenJack 10-04-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpg103 (Post 802107)
I called a local dealer today to inquire about the price of replacement HVAC dash vents in my '03 TJ (some of the slats have been broken off of the track and no long rotate when the thumbwheel is adjusted.)

Are you sure they're broke? I had the same thing with one of the vents in my Jeep. I thought the slats were broke. I popped the vent out and it turned out the slats weren't broke but had only popped out of the holes they fit in. I popped them back in, lathered it up with armor all and it's been good as new....

Tarby 10-04-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warlock4890 (Post 802402)
Check with Daveys Jeeps (D A V E Y S J E E P S . C O M - Specializing in Jeeps & Jeep Parts). They are a Jeep wrecker that sells parts online. Pretty good prices. Pay through paypal and they ship your stuff...

x2...Awesome supply of stuff. Been to his shop and bought/browsed....You could eat off the floor of his place...clean, and cataloged parts. Great guy to deal with.

jpg103 10-05-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenJack (Post 802416)
Are you sure they're broke? I had the same thing with one of the vents in my Jeep. I thought the slats were broke. I popped the vent out and it turned out the slats weren't broke but had only popped out of the holes they fit in. I popped them back in, lathered it up with armor all and it's been good as new....

Yeah, I popped mine out too thinking that might be the case but the plastic - pegs I guess - had broken off in a couple of the holes.

jpg103 10-05-2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warlock4890 (Post 802402)

Thanks for the link warlock!