Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/)
-   -   Auto Tranny Overheat, ESP Disable Recall Notice (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/auto-tranny-overheat-esp-disable-recall-notice-64172.html)

BBB 10-05-2010 08:50 AM

Auto Tranny Overheat, ESP Disable Recall Notice

Just received a Mopar recall notice (Customer Un- Satisfaction Notification J31) for '09 and '10 Wranglers to add a chime noise to the existing tranny overtemp light due to the fact Mopar is saying the tranny over heats in some situations when off roading, towing or plowing. It went on to say that when the tranny over heats to stop the vehicle in neutral above idle :banghead: . It warned that if left unchecked the fluid can boil over and start a fire :eek:

I called the stealer and they said they don't offer an aux tranny cooler. I think I read that they do and will try to search for the Mopar part number unless someone has it handy. I know aftermarket is an option but want to get a firm price from the stealer to compare.

There was also mention of a user procedure to fully disable the ESP for "off highway or off road use only" other than the switch. At least they acknowledge the "off road use only" part so now we can say "I modified it for off highway or off road use only" :p

Blackbeard1718 10-05-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBB (Post 803104)

I called the stealer and they said they don't offer an aux tranny cooler. I think I read that they do and will try to search for the Mopar part number unless someone has it handy. I know aftermarket is an option but want to get a firm price from the stealer to compare.

I checked with my Dealer a few months back, and they were asking $400 for the Cooler, and $200 for Install. NO THANKS! $600 for something that should be provided for FREE, with this Recall, IMHO!

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

JIMBOX 10-05-2010 09:07 AM

:eek: Chrysler will only install the aux cooler FREE, if your tranny gets toasted and is replaced under warranty--

Comeon, you can put in an aux for under $75 bucks-

If you feel that you SHOULDN'T have to because you paid GOOD money for the jeep, well then don't be goin off-road, because things are goona happen that you should be ready to fix anyway--

The Jeep isn't a cruising CAR--it's an off-road vehicle-

Good luck !

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

daggo66 10-05-2010 09:32 AM

The "full disable" procedure for the ESP is in your owner's manual.

GREEN-MACHINE 10-05-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 803155)

show me where. i read that dam thing front to back , and back to front a dozen times and nothing there about "disabling" esp.

aelwero 10-05-2010 01:24 PM

Google "jeep steering wheel dance" ;)

Easier that way.

catamountjk 10-09-2010 08:58 PM

My tranny overheated in 4H, spilled fluid, smoked, and had to be completely rebuilt at 1500 miles. Chrysler installed a transmission cooler under Service Bulletin 07-002-10 dated 2/16/10. It was either that or they could have the vehicle back.

Petey_Mack 10-10-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 803155)

what owners manual? all i got was a DVD...