Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Wisconsin Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f83/)
-   -   Wisconsin Trails (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f83/wisconsin-trails-64752.html)

Bladerunner32262 10-10-2010 02:27 PM

Wisconsin Trails

Would anyone know a "beginner" off road trail I could take my jeep on in Wisconsin?

Zeddjb 10-10-2010 08:37 PM

What part of Wisconsin are you from? I'm in central WI myself and I would be happy to show you some of the trails around my house if you just want to go off road. They are non-technical and quite sandy.

If you want something a bit more technical, the pipeline near Crivits, WI is really the only decent public area. I can make a trip up there for a day but I'll need to plan it out ahead of time.

If interested, you can drop me a PM or email me at zedd@charter.net

Bladerunner32262 10-10-2010 09:51 PM

Thanks zedd. Im in SE but would definitely road trip it. I'm not looking for a baja ride haha. Just something minor. You run a charter?

Zeddjb 10-11-2010 09:52 AM

I'm in the 54457 area code; that's about a two hour drive from where you are.

There are miles of forestry trails that are used for four-wheeling in the summer and snowmobiling in the winter. They are nothing real difficult, just lots of sand.

There is another section of forestry roads called Bentley Hills which is mostly ATVs, but I have gone out there lots of times with the Jeep. Sometimes I get mean looks from some people, but the land is owned by Plum Creek forestry and is considered public land.

This past weekend since it was really warm, there were lots of ATVs out, but I did see another Jeeper out there. If you don't mind the sand, we can spend an entire day out there and cover lots of land.

Let me know what you want to do.

:wavey:

Bladerunner32262 10-11-2010 11:09 AM

Thanks for the info. Maybe sometime we can go sure. I have school and work and no time for much : ( I'll keep those two places in mind and maybe take a ride when I've got spare time. Thanks. Wavey.

ZOMB1E 11-11-2010 04:47 PM

I was looking at joining titletownjeepers.com. They do rides up to the Pipeline quite often. Green Bay is about 30min north of me.

Amyh24 11-11-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladerunner32262
Thanks for the info. Maybe sometime we can go sure. I have school and work and no time for much : ( I'll keep those two places in mind and maybe takjjjja ride when I've got spare time. Thanks. Wavey.

Iol

Crasher 01-03-2011 07:56 PM

FWIW, there is a club called "RPM" located near the twin cities. One of the members father has land near Chetek. The club has created several trails there that range from beginner to near extreme that a well built buggy has to work at to get through. 3 or 4 times a year, they open it up to the public for a weekend. You can tent camp or bring an RV. They are a great group of guys. The place is called Apple Valley Offroad. Look it up for the 2011 dates and see some pics of some of the rigs and trails.
Unfortunately, WI doesn't offer much for good offroad trails. We live in Plover, but spend Nov -April in AZ. There are so many rock crawling trails here that it would take years to do them all. It really spoils us for when we go back home.

Check out Apple Valley. It is a fun experience. Might see you there next summer.

Bladerunner32262 01-04-2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crasher
FWIW, there is a club called "RPM" located near the twin cities. One of the members father has land near Chetek. The club has created several trails there that range from beginner to near extreme that a well built buggy has to work at to get through. 3 or 4 times a year, they open it up to the public for a weekend. You can tent camp or bring an RV. They are a great group of guys. The place is called Apple Valley Offroad. Look it up for the 2011 dates and see some pics of some of the rigs and trails.
Unfortunately, WI doesn't offer much for good offroad trails. We live in Plover, but spend Nov -April in AZ. There are so many rock crawling trails here that it would take years to do them all. It really spoils us for when we go back home.

Check out Apple Valley. It is a fun experience. Might see you there next summer.

Tyvm crasher. Can understand leaving for Arizona for the winter. I would. I'll keep your info in mind. I'd drive to the twin cities for a long weekend.

deadhead 01-04-2011 10:36 AM

Mole Lake, Wisconsin

In 2006, the Wisconsin Off-Highway Vehicle Association (WOHVA) was granted exclusive access to over 4000acres of land on the Mole Lake Indian Reservation (located just 8 miles outside of Crandon, Wisconsin). WOHVA hosts two trail rides each summer (Northwoods-Mole Lake Jeep Jamboree USA & Great Northern Trail Ride).

Additionally, WOHVA hosts Trail Development Days numerous on weekends all summer long. In 2011, WOHVA will be hosting Trail Development Days on 10 weekends between May 1st & September 1st.

You can find more information on these trails and how you too can enjoy them on the WOHVA website. Or, email WOHVA at info@WOHVA.com

Remember, "Stay on the Trail or Stay Home!"

SnowBlast 01-22-2011 09:55 PM

I am new to Wisconsin and just got my first jeep. I live in SE Wisconsin. Milwaukee area. Looking for some fellow Jeepers, Maybe doing some riding...

Bladerunner32262 01-23-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowBlast
I am new to Wisconsin and just got my first jeep. I live in SE Wisconsin. Milwaukee area. Looking for some fellow Jeepers, Maybe doing some riding...

I'm in SE as well and own a jeep. Cool! Not much around here though unfortunately. Theres something around mole lake I've heard but that's a long drive. However, I'd do it on a long weekend type thing.

WAGS 02-05-2011 05:17 AM

Does anyone know of any trails on the west side? I have a seasonal camper near lake city mn and I live in zimmerman. both are fairly close to the border so I'm just wondering whats on the other side. I will do some reaserch on the places mentioned and maybe answer my own question, but any suggestions are appriciated.

oldactorjeeper 08-10-2011 06:38 PM

I have always liked the forest roads in the Chequamegan (SP) National forests. Not really heavy duty off road trails but dirt and drivable. Good place to take the wife and not scare her. Some have been closed in recent years. I'll have to get up to Ashland and Bayfield counties to see, but it's seven hours on the road from metro Milwaukee.

debsjk 08-12-2011 11:02 AM

If you are up for a drive....The CLiffs are about 3ish hrs from Milwaukee Cliffs Insane Terrain
The Badlands are about 4-5 hrs and have a variety of trails plus guided trails
Badlands

oldblueeyes1984 05-27-2012 10:15 AM

trails near luxemburg, dyckesville area

Hey I'm in the navy and just got stationed in green bay. So far I'm liking it here in wisconsin, only problem is my jeep is too clean. Anyone know of any places north east of green bay? Even doorcounty area would be nice too.

TJgunner 06-02-2012 02:32 PM

CHaney ROad by Augusta, WI is a great road for beginners - its an old logging road through the eau claire forest.

hope this helps :)

East 24164 Channey Road, Augusta WI - Trulia

sachin21 06-04-2012 02:16 PM

hey, is this an actual off roading trail, or just a public road that we can start out on? im new to off roading so i was just wondering

TJgunner 06-06-2012 05:34 AM

both - its just a gravel road, but there are many trails that branch off from it

SoLoTheDon 07-11-2012 02:46 PM

I also live in wisconsin and am new to wheeling. I live in Sheboygan and I'm not seeing too much around here that won't get you a ticket