Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   places to go wheelin and camping (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/places-to-go-wheelin-and-camping-64861.html)

BeantownR6 10-11-2010 02:09 PM

places to go wheelin and camping

Something i want to do with the new jeep is go camping off of some trails somewhere. on the trip over the weekend at last chance canyon i saw signs that were for no camping on the trails but there was a campground nearby. where are some good places, preferably by water like a lake or something where you can go on a trail and set up camp? It doesn't have to be by a lake but would be nice. anywhere from so cal to central ca? what about big bear?

Rebuilt 10-11-2010 09:35 PM

San Bernardino, Cleghorn rd. I know that if you take that trail to the other side you end up at a lake i just don't know if you can camp there.

BeantownR6 10-11-2010 09:55 PM

cool i will look it up

turdhurdler 10-12-2010 12:54 AM

There is some camping at Silverwood lake, but it fills up pretty fast. Here is a great website to help locate campsites with particular desires. ie. lakes, flush restrooms, RV parking etc.

Campgrounds and Camping Reservations - ReserveAmerica

Jeff

yomondo 10-12-2010 12:21 PM

I've been wanting to check out Monache Meadows in the Sequoia National Forest. Never been there, but it sounds real nice. An easy 4WD trail to a peaceful and secluded camping spot right next to the South Fork Kern River abundant with Trout.

BeantownR6 10-12-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomondo (Post 815350)
I've been wanting to check out Monache Meadows in the Sequoia National Forest. Never been there, but it sounds real nice. An easy 4WD trail to a peaceful and secluded camping spot right next to the South Fork Kern River abundant with Trout.

lets go!

or i was also looking at anza borrego. have you been there before? lets set up a camping trip before it gets too cold.

yomondo 10-12-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeantownR6 (Post 815418)
lets go!

or i was also looking at anza borrego. have you been there before? lets set up a camping trip before it gets too cold.

Yah, unfortunately I won't be able to get away for a whole weekend until December at the earliest. Don't know what the Sequioa's will be like by that time (i.e. rain, snow, mud, cold).

I've never been to Anza Borrego.

BeantownR6 10-12-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomondo (Post 815966)
Yah, unfortunately I won't be able to get away for a whole weekend until December at the earliest. Don't know what the Sequioa's will be like by that time (i.e. rain, snow, mud, cold).

I've never been to Anza Borrego.

yeah i looked the place up and would probably be better in the warmer months, but looks like a great get away place!

turdhurdler 10-12-2010 09:26 PM

Anza Borrego is a great place to wheel. We have had two WF meet n Greets there in March this year and March last year. The first time I went, I had no mods besides 31" ATs. Needed a couple of tugs, but that is part of the fun going out. If you plan on going after late April, it gets pretty hot out there.

Jeff