Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Atheism vs Christianity (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/atheism-vs-christianity-65819.html)

ESP 10-19-2010 08:40 AM

Atheism vs Christianity

An older video of a good debate between an Atheist and a Christian.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hOza8GTqk

cavediverjc 10-19-2010 01:31 PM

What's the deal? It's only the introduction, not the debate.

ESP 10-19-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 828736)
What's the deal? It's only the introduction, not the debate.

Its part 1 of 15. You can view all of them on youtube. Just click to watch it on youtube or go there and search for Atheism vs Christianity.

mrcarcrazy 10-19-2010 01:45 PM

before I watch, I must preface with DAMN 1 of 15. this better be good if they expect me to watch 15 videos.

first video started boring me. skipped to second...

bobjenkins 10-19-2010 01:48 PM

I would watch but its only going to make me annoyed:rofl:

nastyrider17 10-19-2010 02:28 PM

I've watched plenty of these videos and don't need to watch another. My favorite one is Zeitgeist, it shows all of the facts about how Jesus never existed and more. I used to be semi religious but as I grew older I started to realize more and more how ridiculous it is. I am 100% an atheist now, there is no denying that. It's your life so believe what you want.

Walkingstick 10-19-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nastyrider17
I've watched plenty of these videos and don't need to watch another. My favorite one is Zeitgeist, it shows all of the facts about how Jesus never existed and more. I used to be semi religious but as I grew older I started to realize more and more how ridiculous it is. I am 100% an atheist now, there is no denying that. It's your life so believe what you want.

X2
Life is life. Just live life and be merry

soonercamp 10-19-2010 10:33 PM

Sorry, but there are more facts for Jesus's claims being true than not.

bobjenkins 10-19-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soonercamp (Post 829936)
Sorry, but there are more facts for Jesus's claims being true than not.

LoL let the argument begin

distortedtj 10-19-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjenkins (Post 829941)

Little tid bit from the WF Community rules/policies......

Fair warning; discussions about politics and religion are likely to be closed or removed if they turn into flame fests.

Please keep it civil in discussion. :)

:wavey:

ESP 10-19-2010 10:47 PM

It is a very good debate with a great deal of information from both sides. Both men are very bright and present their sides well. You need to watch it in its entirety to be fair.

amy 10-19-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjenkins (Post 829941)

Quote:

Originally Posted by distortedtj (Post 829949)

Fair warning; discussions about politics and religion are likely to be closed or removed if they turn into flame fests.

Distorted beat me to it. :wavey:

distortedtj 10-19-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy (Post 830001)
Distorted beat me to it. :wavey:

Pokey. :D

:p

turdhurdler 10-20-2010 12:44 AM

I am willing to debate if anyone is intersted. I am on the athiest side of the agrument. And I promise that I will be civil.

Jeff

SUBZEROCOOL 10-20-2010 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turdhurdler (Post 830088)
I am willing to debate if anyone is intersted. I am on the athiest side of the agrument. And I promise that I will be civil.

Jeff

I am a firm believer in Christ, and am a Christian. But as stated above lets keep this forum under pub rules... no religion or politics, it brings the worse out of us. To the Christians, God bless. To the Atheist.. have a nice day.

jeepr 10-20-2010 12:55 AM

God made rocks for crawlin :)

SUBZEROCOOL 10-20-2010 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepr (Post 830098)
God made rocks for crawlin :)

Yes, that's it... very good. The devil on the other hand created the H2 and the H3 and I think he had a hand on the prius :D

jeepr 10-20-2010 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUBZEROCOOL (Post 830100)
Yes, that's it... very good. The devil on the other hand created the H2 and the H3 and I think he had a hand on the prius :D

Haha I think God might have created the prius for jeeps to run over :) But in all honesty Jesus is amazing!!!!!!!!!!

SUBZEROCOOL 10-20-2010 01:20 AM

:DDont get me wrong I'm all for green... green this and green that but why do they have to make the Prius look like a second rate nerd mobile?? It can look like a regular Civic or Mazda6. Why make it so unappealing??.. It's the devil I tell u.

elijah.caine 10-20-2010 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUBZEROCOOL
:DDont get me wrong I'm all for green... green this and green that but why do they have to make the Prius look like a second rate nerd mobile?? It can look like a regular Civic or Mazda6. Why make it so unappealing??.. It's the devil I tell u.

I agree with this guy! Do you have to reek of smug and geek to own something that's Eco-friendly? When they build a green vehicle that Jason Statham would drive, I'll reconsider. Until that time, I destroy the environment with my fossil fuel combustion.

joemd60 10-20-2010 04:03 AM

My Avatar says it all, believe what you want and enjoy life. ;)

ESP 10-20-2010 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elijah.caine (Post 830117)
I agree with this guy! Do you have to reek of smug and geek to own something that's Eco-friendly? When they build a green vehicle that Jason Statham would drive, I'll reconsider. Until that time, I destroy the environment with my fossil fuel combustion.

:rofl: I always feel like that whenever I park beside one in a parking lot. One of the most fuel efficient vehicles and and one of the least together.

Fazed 10-20-2010 08:32 AM

I like to blow black diesel smoke on prius'es with the excursion when I pass them. That and the "my carbon footprint is huge" sticker and the "buy a prius, I need the gas" sticker.

Gate53 10-20-2010 08:53 AM

I have read that worldwide there are over 16.8 million people employed in the Petro-Chemical industry and I like to think that I am doing my part (with my TJ) to keep those people employed during these tough times.

cavediverjc 10-20-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazed (Post 830264)
I like to blow black diesel smoke on prius'es with the excursion when I pass them. That and the "my carbon footprint is huge" sticker and the "buy a prius, I need the gas" sticker.

That's classic. :D

mrcarcrazy 10-20-2010 10:28 AM

I hate Prius'. I can't even explain how much I hate them. I don't have a rational reason to hate them, but I do. I'd like to set them all on fire. I think I might be a nut job. oh well.

oh, and I tried to watch the videos, but I got bored, and started looking @ autotrader, cars.com, craigslist, ebay for a RUBI LJ with an automatic.

aelwero 10-20-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy (Post 830483)
I hate Prius'. I can't even explain how much I hate them. I don't have a rational reason to hate them, but I do. I'd like to set them all on fire.

I'll give you a lighter... I got 3 or 4 of em in my pocket.

bobjenkins 10-20-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distortedtj (Post 829949)

Exactly why Im not giving my pov in this case.

like you said religious threads always get closed

jeffk42 10-20-2010 12:56 PM

Proof of the existence of God would be the destruction of God, if you subscribe to Douglas Adams' babelfish-inspired theory. :D So if you're a religious type you'd better hope no one ever figures it out for sure!

soonercamp 10-20-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffk42
Proof of the existence of God would be the destruction of God, if you subscribe to Douglas Adams' babelfish-inspired theory. :D So if you're a religious type you'd better hope no one ever figures it out for sure!

The bible has been the most scrutinized book in existence and has withstood the test of science, astrology, and archeology. Skeptics and critics have attacked it and "tried" to debunk it's claims and have failed time after time. With even that said Christianity is an experience and no unbeliever will understand our position fully without taking that percentage of faith in the belief that it's true. Just remember if I'm wrong, fine I'm not sinning against any supreme being and therefore have no eternal consequences
But if the atheist or agnostic is wrong...