Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Arizona Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f45/)
-   -   Newbie in Phoenix looking for some trails (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f45/newbie-in-phoenix-looking-for-some-trails-65859.html)

Rubey84 10-19-2010 01:22 PM

Newbie in Phoenix looking for some trails

Hey guys im new to jeeps but ive been lurking for quite sometime waiting to get my jeep. Anyway I got my new 2010 sport this weekend and im really looking forward to getting out and wheeling. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with the names and locations of some good trails for beginners.
thanks -Nick

also is the jeep wave dying in the phoenix area? out of the 15 or so jeeps ive waved at only 3 have waved back :bottom:

Jeep011 10-19-2010 01:32 PM

Take it to Sedona. Lots of great trails. I always enjoyed Broken Arrow.

RatherBNarizona 10-26-2010 11:12 PM

Where are you located in Phx? North? Central? South?

Rubey84 10-31-2010 06:05 PM

i guess its north central phoenix thanks for the reply

RatherBNarizona 11-03-2010 01:31 AM

AZVJC Trail Information, Group Trips and Trail Runs

AzTJ 11-03-2010 01:49 AM

Welcome! :wavey:

We generaly don't share locations of trails, at least online. Ya never know who could be reading... Names, there are a ton in the northern part of the valley in the Table Mesa area. Hooking up with some locals is your best bet for finding trails and for learning how to wheel.

If you ever find yourself in the Payson area let me know. :D

jdhallissey 11-03-2010 02:47 AM

AZTJ wont help he will mislead you to the cheer leading seminar he attends because he has forgotten how to wheel :p. Yes Table Mesa has like 30 trails lol. That would be a great place to start.

RatherBNarizona 11-03-2010 05:06 PM

My favorite is Sycamore creek.... beautiful views and fairly close

Jeeprich25 11-10-2010 07:03 PM

As far as the waving goes...yeah. I've gotten a similar response as of late. Probably because of the square headlights. Snobs?

Sikrex23 11-19-2010 07:33 PM

Nick,

I am new to the Jeep world too. I have only 2 trails under my belt. I went to the book store an got some trail guides. Very helpful in finding trails for us beginners. The series is called Arizona Trails. It is written by a Peter Massey. Go to Adler Publishing : Travel Guides to America's Backroads and 4WD Trails - Four Wheel Drive Travel and Trail Guides for a preview. It breaks this beautiful state in four regions. Very easy to use!!

AzTJ 11-19-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdhallissey (Post 855965)
AZTJ wont help he will mislead you to the cheer leading seminar he attends because he has forgotten how to wheel :p. Yes Table Mesa has like 30 trails lol. That would be a great place to start.

Just got around to reading this. :flipoff:

Smshly616 04-13-2011 06:22 PM

I would totally be waving back! I find that just the wave in general is dying (or maybe never existed) in Phx area. Where I am from (MI) when someone lets you out into traffic, you wave, it's polite, they didn't have to wait for you. People here don't do that too much. It makes me angry.

bolibruch1 04-25-2011 10:15 PM

I drive square head lights, and I wave to all jeeps because I am always looking at there setups for the 2 seconds they go buy.....

scot68 05-16-2011 06:01 PM

I am also new to the Jeep world. So far though I have to say that about 75% of other Jeepers do wave back. I totally agree with Smshlt616, I also moved here from MI 4 years ago and most drivers here OTHER than those in Jeeps are very rude. I have always thought if someone "lets you in" you give them a wave to acknowledge the favor. Seems most people here just expect that you should let them in.

k.henley 05-25-2011 02:41 PM

Hey, I'm right there with you. I'm up in Prescott and I'm really interested in where I can find some trails and people to go with. I don't want to go out alone for the first time. I think it'd be wise to get some experience first. Hit me up if you find anything out.

desertgoose 05-26-2011 04:36 PM

The jeep wave is still around, just gotta be selective who you wave to. I live in NW valley and found out not to wave to females or old people in general.(this will upset someone for sure) You can also tell by how many mods they have if they are Jeepers and get it or if they just have a jeep because it's cool. Anyone wanna ride sometime just let me know, available on weekends.

k.henley 05-26-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertgoose (Post 1263817)
The jeep wave is still around, just gotta be selective who you wave to. I live in NW valley and found out not to wave to females or old people in general.(this will upset someone for sure) You can also tell by how many mods they have if they are Jeepers and get it or if they just have a jeep because it's cool. Anyone wanna ride sometime just let me know, available on weekends.

awesome...I'll take this advice. I don't need to make any females angry.

B3AR 06-04-2011 03:53 PM

Hey, Im up in the north valley too. round 51st and Union. Picked up my very first Jeep a week ago. I cant believe how may I see now... Ill wave at ya!!

1BLKJP 06-06-2011 02:04 AM

For any of you new to wheeling here in Phoenix and want to his some fun trails, I would suggest the Boulders which is off of Carefree Highway mile marker 11.5. This is a world class managed OHV site and has some great trails for the newer novice wheeler.

desertgoose 06-06-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP (Post 1283902)
For any of you new to wheeling here in Phoenix and want to his some fun trails, I would suggest the Boulders which is off of Carefree Highway mile marker 11.5. This is a world class managed OHV site and has some great trails for the newer novice wheeler.

I know this area well. That's where we ride our bikes. I've seen a jeep club there quite a bit in the past, guess I should get some info from them now that I have a jeep to ride with them.

1BLKJP 06-06-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertgoose (Post 1284516)
I know this area well. That's where we ride our bikes. I've seen a jeep club there quite a bit in the past, guess I should get some info from them now that I have a jeep to ride with them.

Absolutely. We designed that to be a true multiple use area. You should definitely stop and say high next time you are out there. I've never met a cross person anytime I've been checking on things out there. Great place to just wheel and have a good time with friends.

desertgoose 06-07-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP (Post 1285917)
Absolutely. We designed that to be a true multiple use area. You should definitely stop and say high next time you are out there. I've never met a cross person anytime I've been checking on things out there. Great place to just wheel and have a good time with friends.

Shoot me an IM next time you head out that way. I log on the forum during the weekdays and am almost always up for a jeep ride on the weekends. My jeep is pretty much stock other than the wheels so I won't be following you through the gnarly stuff. Besides it's my only street legal vehicle so I can't afford to break it...... yet.

B3AR 06-07-2011 11:03 AM

Hellz yea! My daily driver too. I'm prolly a little rusty... havent driven on trails since I sold my 79 Toy (in 1994). Drop me a line when your lookin to go out agin, I'd like to get back in the saddle.

1BLKJP 06-07-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertgoose (Post 1287492)
Shoot me an IM next time you head out that way. I log on the forum during the weekdays and am almost always up for a jeep ride on the weekends. My jeep is pretty much stock other than the wheels so I won't be following you through the gnarly stuff. Besides it's my only street legal vehicle so I can't afford to break it...... yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B3AR (Post 1287512)
Hellz yea! My daily driver too. I'm prolly a little rusty... havent driven on trails since I sold my 79 Toy (in 1994). Drop me a line when your lookin to go out agin, I'd like to get back in the saddle.

Ha, y'all would not want to be rolling thru anything I take my rig thru. Look at my sig pic. I have 0 regard for the health and safety of my vehicle. :D There are several great boards in town that are always posting runs etc... Check'em out.

Az Virtual Jeep Club - Powered by vBulletin
Virtual Jeep Club - AZVJC Home Page
Welcome to Higher Ground 4x4

InvaderMaddie 07-09-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertgoose (Post 1263817)
The jeep wave is still around, just gotta be selective who you wave to. I live in NW valley and found out not to wave to females

Hey there now I'd take a wave!!!! :wavey:

desertgoose 07-11-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvaderMaddie (Post 1366443)
Hey there now I'd take a wave!!!! :wavey:

:wavey: I guess that sounded chauvinistic, been getting more waves from females lately, just gotta be sure they aren't texting, and I'm taking a different route further away from the mall... :rofl: Getting this thing down better as to who I should wave to. Now after taking someone's advice it is :wavey: until they don't wave back, then it is :flipoff:.

tz97wrangler 09-04-2011 01:36 PM

Last few day the middle fingers been stuck in the air... Out of the 15 jeeps I seen daily only 5 or 6 wave so I remind the rest they are #1

tz97wrangler 09-12-2011 12:22 AM

Where have all the local az jeepers gone? Been really quiet in here last week now has anyone else in north Phoenix seen the jeep with the pink eyelashes ? I about hit the car in front of me looking at it. Anyways is anyone heading out to the trails this coming weekend?

LittleBurro 09-13-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tz97wrangler (Post 1538821)
Last few day the middle fingers been stuck in the air... Out of the 15 jeeps I seen daily only 5 or 6 wave so I remind the rest they are #1

lol - Everyone in Prescott has a jeep..... none of the stock jeeps wave :nonono:

bhaz413 09-26-2011 01:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all, new 06 wrangle x here. I'm stock for now, so gotta take the small trails. Any trails on the westside? Buckeye area? Send me a pm if you don't want to post publicly. Thanks!!