Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Canada Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f119/)
-   -   Wranglers in Ontario! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f119/wranglers-in-ontario-66028.html)

only1phoenixx 10-20-2010 10:02 PM

Wranglers in Toronto!

Thought I should start a thread for us Wranglers living and riding in Toronto!!!!! :wavey:

Anyone from North York? :)

o|||D|||o

4xplore 11-15-2010 07:20 PM

Hey Man,

I'm from Waterdown (Burlington). How are things in North York? Any good trails near you?

FlyinJeeps 12-01-2010 08:19 AM

Haha, the only trails around the GTA are in the construction sites ;)

I'm from Scarborough. Lookin to do some runs but the closest I can find are the mud & 20's

4xplore 12-02-2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinJeeps
Haha, the only trails around the GTA are in the construction sites ;)

I'm from Scarborough. Lookin to do some runs but the closest I can find are the mud & 20's

Yeah same here. Unless you own a piece of property it's all construction sites. I've heard Raglan is open again. Have you heard anything? Since it's almost a two hour drive me for, I would prefer to find out if it's open prior to just driving there.

FlyinJeeps 12-02-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4xplore (Post 904177)
Yeah same here. Unless you own a piece of property it's all construction sites. I've heard Raglan is open again. Have you heard anything? Since it's almost a two hour drive me for, I would prefer to find out if it's open prior to just driving there.

I'm a noob and have yet to actually wheel a Jeep. My offroad experiences are all in Nova Scotia with ATV's and dirtbikes. hoping to do my first runs soon, looking at adding a bit of armour first though.

but I did some searching and found this thread: Has anybody run Ganaraska forest?

Pretty close to Raglan pits

GrimsbyAl 12-03-2010 07:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm from Grimsby, there are some trails to run out this way if you like mud.

Mine is the Silver and the wife drives the Orange

4xplore 12-03-2010 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinJeeps

I'm a noob and have yet to actually wheel a Jeep. My offroad experiences are all in Nova Scotia with ATV's and dirtbikes. hoping to do my first runs soon, looking at adding a bit of armour first though.

but I did some searching and found this thread: Has anybody run Ganaraska forest?

Pretty close to Raglan pits

Yeah I've been too Ganaraska forest. It's nothing exciting for a jeep. I usually ride my mountain bike or dirt bike there.

4xplore 12-03-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimsbyAl
I'm from Grimsby, there are some trails to run out this way if you like mud.

Mine is the Silver and the wife drives the Orange

You have a new set of jeeps there. What size tires are on the white one?

GrimsbyAl 12-04-2010 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Silver one has Trxus MT 35x12.5x15 on Black Rock rims

macailegh 12-08-2010 01:50 PM

Hey all. If you haven't been, Lingham Lake is a prime Jeep travelled terrain north of Madoc Ontario. If you got to YouTube, you can search for Johnson's Hole and see lots of action on what to expect. I've only been thru on a 4 wheeler but plan on going with my wrangler next spring!!

Advntur 12-18-2010 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macailegh
Hey all. If you haven't been, Lingham Lake is a prime Jeep travelled terrain north of Madoc Ontario. If you got to YouTube, you can search for Johnson's Hole and see lots of action on what to expect. I've only been thru on a 4 wheeler but plan on going with my wrangler next spring!!

I live about 1/2 hr from there. You should also try ampah area. There is ton of places to have fun there. Check out back roads map book. You can buy it at walmart

Mbernie 12-18-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Advntur

I live about 1/2 hr from there. You should also try ampah area. There is ton of places to have fun there. Check out back roads map book. You can buy it at walmart

From Ottawa, I know other jeepers but not sure if any others are on here

new_wrangler_owner 02-27-2011 09:27 PM

Hello all, Just thought I would MENTION this; Just bought a 2011 jeep wrangler, I configured it the way I wanted on the jeep.ca site. One of the STANDARD items are 3 skid plates - fuel tank, transfer case, and transmission/oil pan skid plate. When I looked at my build sheet it did include all 3 skids; however the tranny/oilpan skid was missing. I mentioned it to the dealer, they checked it out, agreed I should have the skid, then they looked at all the other wranglers on the lot and all were missing the tranny/oil pan skid.

Still waiting to see the resolve form chrysler - plant is in ohio where all wranglers come form.
So I am wondering HOW many JEEP OWNERS out there with a 2010/2011 jeep are missing a skid plate. Please comment.

Creepy Crawler 02-27-2011 09:42 PM

Anyone here from the Peterborough area??
Anyone in Bobcaygeon??

Mbernie 02-28-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new_wrangler_owner
Hello all, Just thought I would MENTION this; Just bought a 2011 jeep wrangler, I configured it the way I wanted on the jeep.ca site. One of the STANDARD items are 3 skid plates - fuel tank, transfer case, and transmission/oil pan skid plate. When I looked at my build sheet it did include all 3 skids; however the tranny/oilpan skid was missing. I mentioned it to the dealer, they checked it out, agreed I should have the skid, then they looked at all the other wranglers on the lot and all were missing the tranny/oil pan skid.

Still waiting to see the resolve form chrysler - plant is in ohio where all wranglers come form.
So I am wondering HOW many JEEP OWNERS out there with a 2010/2011 jeep are missing a skid plate. Please comment.

I never looked. Thanks for the hint. I will check when I'm back fro travel

Energy 03-08-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creepy Crawler (Post 1087026)
Anyone here from the Peterborough area??
Anyone in Bobcaygeon??

I thought there were "all kinds of people that do it in Caygeon"?:D

Are these imaginary people Creepy C?

JamesHolmes 03-13-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4xplore (Post 904177)

I was up in Raglan in the fall, My buddy was driving his sierra through. I will be heading up in a week or two now that I have a TJ. I'd already be up there, but I figured I'd let it thaw out a bit.

DetonatorCanuk 04-24-2011 06:40 PM

We are in Scarberia (Ontario) and probably have the only 4D in Detonator Yellow. We luv the colour and hope to meet up with other JKU lovers.

cruznac 09-07-2011 01:56 PM

I'm from Campbellville, Ontario. Just got a 2011 Wrangler Sport, NGP. My wife has 2007 Wrangler Unlimited rescue green.

dooch 11-10-2011 11:27 PM

Bump.

Joher 11-12-2011 06:32 AM

A big :WAVE: from Milton. Lots of jeeps out this way, trails not so sure. Always looking though.

recreate.me 11-28-2011 08:46 PM

I seriously think Windsor is Wrangler capital of Ontario. I work in Markham and drive home to windsor on weekends, and i go all week and only see 1 or 2 wranglers in the Markham/Richmond Hill/York region, maybe one on the 401/407 down and then BAM every single trip home i count at least 15 Wranglers on the weekend.

It blows my mind.. Anyone else from that area wanna clue me in as to why so many all of a sudden? (or the dealer they are buyin' from :P )

eriluo 11-29-2011 08:50 PM

Northern Ontario boondocks here aka Timmins. Fair amount of Wranglers and YJs here? Just bought a 2011 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited and looking forward to traveling the bush this summer!

dooch 12-03-2011 06:28 PM

I wish we would just get some snow!

dooch 12-03-2011 06:35 PM

All us downtown Toronto newbie Jeepers should get together and show off our rigs.

dooch 12-05-2011 09:46 AM

Bump

Joher 12-05-2011 12:30 PM

Snow would be awesome! Beginning to think it won't happen until the new year.

only1phoenixx 12-06-2011 12:30 AM

Don't say that!!! I want snow/a full out blizzard for Christmas at least!!! :)

RogerTJ 12-15-2011 09:51 PM

Lots of back roads, lakes and power line trails north of Sault Ste Marie. I have a 2006 4L TJ dual tops that I bought new in 2005. Love my Jeep!

Juancho 12-19-2011 08:29 PM

Hey... what's up guys... new jeep owner here...

i can see some of you are in the GTA area... and some out of town... hope to meet you guys one day...

i might post some upgrades somewhere here...

anyway.. i will take a look around and see what's new...

cheers

Juan.