Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   New Jersey Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f93/)
-   -   OT: Stolen Quad (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f93/ot-stolen-quad-66078.html)

pitpens 10-21-2010 12:19 PM

OT: Stolen Quad

Last Wednesday I have a 2006 Suzuki 250 Quadsport stolen from my back yard. They took it in the middle of the day, while we were at work.
So two things.

If you see a white quadsport with lots of Alpinestars stickers, please let me know...

Please lock up anything that you keep outside!!!!

David Lucas 10-21-2010 05:56 PM

where at in NJ are you?

pitpens 10-21-2010 07:01 PM

Browns Mills 08015

Not far from you at all, I shop at the Lowes there.

bc40ton 10-21-2010 08:01 PM

Damn thieves got my brand new steel decked, powder coated, led lit car trailer. I used it for 20 minutes ONCE. If I ever find those .......

pitpens 10-21-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bc40ton (Post 833645)
Damn thieves got my brand new steel decked, powder coated, led lit car trailer. I used it for 20 minutes ONCE. If I ever find those .......

Man I hear ya, thieves suck...

Shotguns and rock-salt are my next purchase!!!

burton160w 01-07-2011 08:42 PM

Aww man, sorry to hear that.

I also live in Pemberton and worked at that ABCO Credit Union over in Browns Mills and got my ATV stolen out of my backyard a few years back. Terrible because I was 13 at the time and had paid for it myself after working my ass off.

I wouldn't even be surprised if it was the same string of guys. I know they lived out in Browns Mills and were stealing a string of them, but by the time the guys were caught, all of the quads had been stripped and trashed. It's too bad that the Pemberton cops are absolutely garbage. The borough is patrolled 24/7, while I see absolutely no one out there besides doing speed checks at the Ft. Dix/Pemberton border on N. Pemberton Rd.

When it happened to me, my neighbors reported a white truck and even got a license plate. And as the dirtbag cop was standing there questioning me, a white truck drove by again really slow down my road (no one does that over on Arneys Mount). The cop just looked at him and looked back and me and I finally had to comment "You know that's him right," and the cop just laughed.

Unfortunately, the most you can do is look on Craigslist for your parts and Ebay. But for the most part, by now I'd say your in the same creek as me.

pitpens 01-12-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burton160w (Post 973560)
Aww man, sorry to hear that.

I also live in Pemberton and worked at that ABCO Credit Union over in Browns Mills and got my ATV stolen out of my backyard a few years back. Terrible because I was 13 at the time and had paid for it myself after working my ass off.

I wouldn't even be surprised if it was the same string of guys. I know they lived out in Browns Mills and were stealing a string of them, but by the time the guys were caught, all of the quads had been stripped and trashed. It's too bad that the Pemberton cops are absolutely garbage. The borough is patrolled 24/7, while I see absolutely no one out there besides doing speed checks at the Ft. Dix/Pemberton border on N. Pemberton Rd.

When it happened to me, my neighbors reported a white truck and even got a license plate. And as the dirtbag cop was standing there questioning me, a white truck drove by again really slow down my road (no one does that over on Arneys Mount). The cop just looked at him and looked back and me and I finally had to comment "You know that's him right," and the cop just laughed.

Unfortunately, the most you can do is look on Craigslist for your parts and Ebay. But for the most part, by now I'd say your in the same creek as me.

Yeah I'm sure it's long gone by now... Sucks the quad was my son 13th birthday gift. I found him another one (with title) for cheap, just needs a new starter clutch. Good old Pemberton!!!

pitpens 12-04-2012 10:33 PM

Weird update....

My quad was found in Philly!!!! CRAZY!

Its in really bad shape, but runs. I'm really shocked by this, never thought we would see it again.

Defcon 1 12-05-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitpens (Post 3068250)
Weird update....

My quad was found in Philly!!!! CRAZY!

Its in really bad shape, but runs. I'm really shocked by this, never thought we would see it again.

Awesome man congrats!