Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Cross Country Jeep Caravan? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/cross-country-jeep-caravan-67269.html)

Boosta 10-31-2010 03:45 PM

Cross Country Jeep Caravan?
 
I know it sounds crazy but i planned a cross country motorcycle ride for next summer. But i sold both my motorcycles to buy the Jeep. I still may take the ride though. I wonder could i get a caravan of Jeeps to travel from VA to CA and back with all points in between?! What would be some" have to stop here" places??

Rakyu84 10-31-2010 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just recently made that trip myself Ca > Va. Did the trip in 4 days while transferring duty stations but one of the best stops I made was to the Petrified Forest National Park near Holbrook, Az

Vaultzz 10-31-2010 04:07 PM

↑ That looks sweet!

captjhym 10-31-2010 04:10 PM

just for cheeziness.... if you are a fan of Superman, you gotta stop in Metropolis IL and see what they have

Hendy 10-31-2010 04:24 PM

I'm in Newport News, VA and would love to make that trip, let me know and I can plan for it and prep the wifey a bit.

Hendy 10-31-2010 04:25 PM

PS: Hotels or camping at State and National Parks, I vote for camping!!!

burton160w 10-31-2010 04:35 PM

Check out the MOAB in my sig. :)

Boosta 10-31-2010 06:41 PM

Why didn't you drive to the top of that, THEN take the picture??!! LOL! JK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rakyu84 (Post 851609)
Just recently made that trip myself Ca > Va. Did the trip in 4 days while transferring duty stations but one of the best stops I made was to the Petrified Forest National Park near Holbrook, Az


Boosta 10-31-2010 06:42 PM

I am not a roughing it guy! I will probably do hotels!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendy (Post 851630)
PS: Hotels or camping at State and National Parks, I vote for camping!!!


Rakyu84 10-31-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boosta
Why didn't you drive to the top of that, THEN take the picture??!! LOL! JK

Lol that thought went through my Mind but I'm sure the rangers would have something to say about it.

JeeperJake 03-18-2011 11:36 AM

IS there any further plans on this? I could advise on Oregon sites and meet up at, say, Crater Lake!!!

Jeeper 03-18-2011 02:37 PM

Oiiio
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by captjhym (Post 851616)
just for cheeziness.... if you are a fan of Superman, you gotta stop in Metropolis IL and see what they have

Exactly:punk:

Jeeper 03-18-2011 02:38 PM

In Colorado there is a place off of I-70 you could go to called Mt. Evans totally awsome.:thumb:

John412 03-18-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1124539)
In Colorado there is a place off of I-70 you could go to called Mt. Evans totally awsome.:thumb:

Use to go there all the time when I lived in Idaho Springs. Highest paved road in North America. I used to also go up Guinella Pass all the time and hit some of the ghost towns and old mines up there. Lots of crystals to be found yet up there. Mt Evans is only open about 3 months of the year so anyone planning a trip to there better call ahead. It also closes for bad weather sometimes

bhc04 03-18-2011 05:46 PM

If you go I-40 to CA. stop at Grand Canyon "a must". Then take "old route 66" from I-40 to Peach Springs AZ. Longest stretch of curved road in the U.S. 9 miles of curved road. Takes you back to I-40 at Kingman AZ.

Jeeper 03-18-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John412 (Post 1124603)
Use to go there all the time when I lived in Idaho Springs. Highest paved road in North America. I used to also go up Guinella Pass all the time and hit some of the ghost towns and old mines up there. Lots of crystals to be found yet up there. Mt Evans is only open about 3 months of the year so anyone planning a trip to there better call ahead. It also closes for bad weather sometimes

I used to live in Evergreen years ago and rode my bike up to Echo Lake and down to Idaho Springs and back home. I sure miss living there. There were places i could fill my water bottle with no worries. I am a 1982 graduate of Evergreen High School. We used to explore the area in and around Central City back in the early 80's. Fish in Empire,and watch the ice drags in Silverplume. We loved to Ski as well.

Jeeper 03-18-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhc04 (Post 1124756)
If you go I-40 to CA. stop at Grand Canyon "a must". Then take "old route 66" from I-40 to Peach Springs AZ. Longest stretch of curved road in the U.S. 9 miles of curved road. Takes you back to I-40 at Kingman AZ.

I love Show Low Az. very pretty country


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.