Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   You punks go and vote???? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/you-punks-go-and-vote-67469.html)

Mr. Sinister 11-02-2010 01:51 PM

You punks go and vote????

Don't care who you voted for, just that you voted!!
I went at lunch time. In and out, bing-bang-boom. I wasn't going to wait until after work for the madhouse sure to be awaiting me.

http://www.thisboardrocks.com/forum/...gwaver-ani.gif

daggo66 11-02-2010 02:03 PM

Early and often.

Peepers 11-02-2010 02:04 PM

I was at the polls @ 645 this morning. at least the line was short...

pokey 11-02-2010 02:06 PM

I'm wearing my little American flag "I voted" sticker as I type this :D

Mr. Sinister 11-02-2010 02:09 PM

it's a funny thing, going to the polling place. there are people from all camps set up with signs, picnic stuff, all waving and smiling. as absolutely brutal and dividing as politics has become over the past couple of years, i was impressed everything was so civil.
then some idiot almost plowed into my jeep speeding through the parking lot......

adkjoe 11-02-2010 02:27 PM

yes and unfortunately both our candidates for governor are complete idiots and have no interest in anything that doesn't benefit them and there pockets. This election really sucks, it's going to be like watching the fall of Rome. I've lived a lot of places and I can say Vermont is a great state to live in and I'm proud to live here but I think that's going to be a thing of the past with all these idiots in office, I hate politics.

pokey 11-02-2010 02:34 PM

^ you think YOUR candidates for governor are complete idiots. California is sunk.

adkjoe 11-02-2010 02:37 PM

^ yea I can't argue with that LOL we don't have it that bad yet :)

N39-W120 11-02-2010 02:48 PM

Does a Jeep cause it's owner to go broke?

burton160w 11-02-2010 03:16 PM

Please vote... if you know the candidate you're voting for. Don't vote simply because your democrat or republican rep. is a bonehead or cause someone else told you to. Get informed... then exercise your right.

mrcarcrazy 11-02-2010 03:23 PM

sadly I'm forced to wait until after work to battle the leagues of morons at the polls. the biggest issue with living in a different city than you work in.

I vote for the one with the better haircut. is that okay? :rofl:

Its okay, in Texas we have a gov. who does literally nothing...then up against him is a nut job that will do nothing. Sadly people will always serve themselves first, so we will never have a truely honest politician. If you are willing to accept this and move on you'll be better for it. Do as I do pick the "lesser of two evils" in your mind, and vote for him.

Hiker 11-02-2010 03:25 PM

Voted today at 8 AM... :)

Expected to see at least some other people waiting in line to vote... :confused:

There were none... :banghead:

mrcarcrazy 11-02-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiker (Post 854812)
There were none... :banghead:

oh I hope that happens to me.

King of Beers 11-02-2010 03:50 PM

I donít vote.

I have not believed in this countryís political system for a long time. I guess from about the time I learned how it really works. It is not the idealized fantasy they teach in school.

I am not going to vote for the lesser of two evils. That is not right.

Even if there were a good candidate to vote for they would be a scoundrel by the time they left office.

We do not need people sitting around all day thinking up new laws. We need a group of people to repeal all of these ludicrous laws we already have in place.

This country is ruined. :mad:...

All right Iím ready. :bottom:

schnutzy 11-02-2010 03:53 PM

Nope. All the candidates that I had to choose were pathetic. Some say just suck it up and vote for the lesser of 2 evils, but all I see that as is a temporary feel good fix, not the right one. And you know what they say, If you can't do something right, then don't do it at all. Sure not every one will agree with that, but I stand by my decision. I probably should have gone out, voted for any referendums or what ever they are called, but I'll admit, I forgot about those till just now.

toshpate 11-02-2010 04:02 PM

done did it. if you dont vote you cant bitch or have an opinion on politics.

Mr. Sinister 11-02-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Beers (Post 854844)
I donít vote.

I have not believed in this countryís political system for a long time. I guess from about the time I learned how it really works. It is not the idealized fantasy they teach in school.

I am not going to vote for the lesser of two evils. That is not right.

Even if there were a good candidate to vote for they would be a scoundrel by the time they left office.

We do not need people sitting around all day thinking up new laws. We need a group of people to repeal all of these ludicrous laws we already have in place.

This country is ruined. :mad:...

All right Iím ready. :bottom:

It's your right NOT to vote just as much as it is TO vote. What people think about it personally doesn't matter.

schnutzy 11-02-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshpate (Post 854864)

Normally I do vote. This has been the first election(since I could legally vote) that I have not voted in.

King of Beers 11-02-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toshpate (Post 854864)

That is not true as I have many opinions on politics and bitch about them regularly. :rolleyes:

EdJonesJeeper 11-02-2010 04:05 PM

Go vote and play the system! Straight party ticket is a cop out, learn who is listening to their constituancy and vote to which best suits your views.

Don't just say you don't beleive in the political system, it's the only one we got. So either play the game OR NEVER BITCH ABOUT ANYTHING POLITICAL!!!!

I have the right to, Non voters do not.

toshpate 11-02-2010 04:06 PM

X2

King of Beers 11-02-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdJonesJeeper (Post 854872)
Go vote and play the system! Straight party ticket is a cop out, learn who is listening to their constituancy and vote to which best suits your views.

Don't just say you don't beleive in the political system, it's the only one we got. So either play the game OR NEVER BITCH ABOUT ANYTHING POLITICAL!!!!

I have the right to, Non voters do not.

Why should I pitch to a batter who has no arms?

EdJonesJeeper 11-02-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of Beers (Post 854876)
Why should I pitch to a batter who has no arms?

cuz at least you can get him a walk on base:confused: Or hit him with the ball to force on base!:)

mrcarcrazy 11-02-2010 04:15 PM

:rofl:

continue to think that.

Scout 11-02-2010 04:24 PM

The judge told me I can no longer vote. Lame. :rolleyes: I had an alibi!!! :crash:

schnutzy 11-02-2010 04:31 PM

So you are saying that even though I am normally a politically active person, some one who up until now voted at every election, some one who has sent letters to my congressmen, and tried to be involved as i can with the political system, cant have an opinion because i chose to sit this one out due having a choice of idiotic candidates to whom there was no lesser evil? What about people who can not legally vote? whether it be due to age, citizenship, or other circumstances, are they not allowed to have a political opinion? How about the people who simply did not have the time?

Bubba68CS 11-02-2010 04:36 PM

I'll vote when there is someone worth voting for. Until then, I'm not supporting candidates who do not support my views (which is exactly what you do every time you vote for the 'one that sucks least').

I can also bitch and moan all I like about the lack of quality candidates from both major parties, and the little ones as well. Its consistent with my not voting. YOU cannot bitch and moan about that if you voted for someone...you clearly thought someone was worth putting in office to vote for them. I cannot complain that candidate X would have been better than candidate Y...I didn't vote, so that is not consistent. YOU on the other hand can...as you did vote.

Regardless, this attitude that its OK to vote for the one who sucks the least is sickening. Hitler or Stalin...go vote. No we aren't that bad, this is highly theoretical, but if you had the choice of voting for one of these guys, which would you choose? Personally, I'm not having my support for one of those guys on my conscious. Same with these rejects who have been running for office lately...I'm not supporting them in any way.

GREEN-MACHINE 11-02-2010 04:39 PM

i was the first to vote in my district.

sparky 11-02-2010 04:46 PM

It is your right not to vote as much as it is your right to vote.
You also have the option of using the write-in to say "none of the above"

530ktm 11-02-2010 05:53 PM

[QUOTE=King of Beers;854844].

I have to agree here. :(