Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   YJ Tech Forum (
-   -   Turn Signal Dilemma | I replaced fuse and canister (

crabman141 05-01-2014 09:40 PM

Turn Signal Dilemma | I replaced fuse and canister
I have a '95 Rio and replaced the canister and fuse, after my turn signal went out(burned the fuse). As far as I know the canister didn't need to be replaced, but did it anyways to make sure that wasn't the problem. The hazards work fine, just no blinkers.

Is there a wiring diagram some can show me or PM me would be greatly appreciated. Any input would be awesome.

YJ94YJ 05-01-2014 11:01 PM

Ill have to dig around and see if i have a wiring diagram but if your hazards are working you know the flasher is fine so there must be a problem on the switching side of your turning signals.

YJ94YJ 05-01-2014 11:23 PM

Wiring Diagram for turning signal circuit attached
1 Attachment(s)
Looking at this circuit if you hazards are operating properly then the only weak link is you turning signal switch

crabman141 05-02-2014 08:52 AM

Thank you so much YJ94YJ. Much appreciated, I'll look into it this weekend and report back.

jeffs92yj 05-02-2014 12:56 PM

There are two flashers in that diagram, one for the hazards and one for the turn signals.

Also two different fuses.

Make sure you replaced the correct flasher.

Working from that diagram, if the hazards work, the bulbs are good.

Since the turn signals are on individual (left / right) switches, it would be strange if both went bad at the same time.

That pretty much leaves the turn signal flasher or the wiring from the flasher to the turn signal switch(es).

YJ94YJ 05-02-2014 08:40 PM

nice catch on the diagram... maybe i should look over it more carefully next time... great advice though jeff

crabman141 05-02-2014 10:50 PM

I did replace the right side canister and the turn fuse. Neither left or right work. The hazards do however. Going to try to get the stalk out this weekend, or at least find a DIY for it.