Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Wheel key

800 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ritualironofwotan 
#1 ·
I recently had my jeep serviced at ed voyles and they asked if i had the wheel key, now i bought the jeep from them, never came with one. They told me to go to a shop and inquire about getting a key or something, wondering if anyone has any incite to fixing this issue or what i need to get.

Cheers

#2 ·
You could always ditch the keyed lug nut altogether. Pound a socket onto it or even tack a nut to the end of it...then just replace it with a normal lug.

You may also find a shop to take them off for you. I dont know if theyd give/sell keys though...u would just have to ask. If you get it off and want to keep locks, but dont have/or get to buy a key, you can buy new locks from somewhere (autozone, etc), that usually come with a key.

#3 ·
I hate wheel locks. I had them on my last car and they stripped out on me. I had to weld on sockets and take them out that way. Will never have locks again

#4 ·
Are they locks? One per wheel? Or, are they "keyed" lugs for aftermarket wheels (all lugs the same)? What brand of wheels?

If using Gorilla Lugs with "keyed" socket, they probably use the same key as thousands of others (splines of one type or another). If so, you can probably test fit one at your local parts store, and buy the socket you need. I bought a spare "keyed" socket for my Gorilla lugs on EBay for $7 (but of course I knew the part number by looking at the original).

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.