Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Synergy trackbar/sector shaft brace & RK trackbar

13K views 53 replies 10 participants last post by  Muffin Top 
#1 ·
Does anybody know if the RK front track bar will work with the synergy front track bar frame brace with sector shaft brace?

#3 ·
Do you think the sector shaft brace is even needed or that big of deal? Mainly want the track bar brace for correcting wallowed factory bracket holes in case I find that's my problem.

#5 ·
I would hold off. Most people are having issues with the coil spring rubbing the sector shaft brace when disconnected. I am one of those people. I was just at Easter Jeep Safari and spoke with Synergy. They told me there springs will not rub because of the diameter. I have the teraflex springs which are almost exactly the same diameter. While speaking with the Synergy guy I called "BS" when he said that. He then told me they are coming out with a new and improved version in about six months. I then said why new and improved if there is no problem? He just smiled.

#6 ·
Is it just the sector shaft brace that's rubbing. I'm mostly interested in the frame brace for the track bar in case I find that my trackbar bolt holes are wallowed out any.

#9 ·
Now Kjeeper10, I always look for your post and follow your advise. But in this case teraflex are not wide springs. At least not my 4" springs actually narrow compared to most. But let's forget about diameter of springs for a minute.
Let's say Synergy is correct in saying that you will not have a rubbing issue if you use the Synergy springs. Maybe they should state that if you are using springs larger in diameter than Synergy and using the sector and tracbar frame brace you very well may have rubbing issues.

#10 ·
I don't remember what the fronts looked like.
The rears were very wide and contacted my track bar bracket.
Compared a bunch of coils I've installed, I know the rears are wider then most.
- AEV
- RK gen 1
- RK gen 2
- RC
- TF
- Full craption

Edit: ok here's a pic. The fronts look typical of most coils.
The rears are wider. Here's Synergy's rear coil which appears to not be wide at all.

Attachments

#13 ·
What size tire are you running?

Even with 35s if you're doing some pretty moderate-difficult trails hydro assist will help a lot. When you do hydro assist it actually takes a lot of strain off of your drag link and steering box. That sector shaft brace is for people who choose not to go hydro assist and end up with forearms like pop eye.

#14 ·
I will be running nitto trail grapplers 315/70R17s

I think I may go ahead and get the synergy track bar brace frame side. From the sounds of it, the sector shaft brace may interfere with my RK coils. Is that right?

Also, if I want to correct holes and/or beef them up on the axle end, what would be y'all's best suggestion? I thought about the synergy bracket but that raises the track bar and requires the drag link flip and 3" bump stops. I've got 2" now and don't know if I want to go to 3" and I'm not sure it would work with my lift (RK 2.5 max travel) anyway. Isn't it for taller lifts?

Not sure I want to weld washers on. I like the thought of bolt on better in case of future changes.

I did see that JKS makes a bracket that welds onto the factory one and gives the option of factory location or secondary higher mount hole for the track bar.

Any thoughts or guidance?

#15 ·
I will be running nitto trail grapplers 315/70R17s I think I may go ahead and get the synergy track bar brace frame side. From the sounds of it, the sector shaft brace may interfere with my RK coils. Is that right? Also, if I want to correct holes and/or beef them up on the axle end, what would be y'all's best suggestion? I thought about the synergy bracket but that raises the track bar and requires the drag link flip and 3" bump stops. I've got 2" now and don't know if I want to go to 3" and I'm not sure it would work with my lift (RK 2.5 max travel) anyway. Isn't it for taller lifts? Not sure I want to weld washers on. I like the thought of bolt on better in case of future changes. I did see that JKS makes a bracket that welds onto the factory one and gives the option of factory location or secondary higher mount hole for the track bar. Any thoughts or guidance?
What kind of wheeling do you do?

#23 ·
Weld washers or teraflex has a simple plate that bolts right over the mount. The upper brace shouldn't hit your coils ?
I saw the teraflex plate. Looks like it goes on one side. So what about the other side of the bracket if it is wallowed out? Or is there two plates? Or do you just buy two?

#26 ·
I have the synergy sector shaft brace kit and TeraFlex springs and I haven't had any issues. been out a few times since i put it together....

the brace kit tightened things up quite a bit. on the trail or on the street, probably more noticeable on the street. I did have to replace the TF trackbar. that did make contact. but the springs are fine.

#27 ·
I have the synergy sector shaft brace kit and TeraFlex springs and I haven't had any issues. been out a few times since i put it together.... the brace kit tightened things up quite a bit. on the trail or on the street, probably more noticeable on the street. I did have to replace the TF trackbar. that did make contact. but the springs are fine.
Are you disconnected?

#30 ·
Update:
Hopefully, we found the cause of my DW. The track bar bracket holes on the frame end were rounded out some. Axle end looked ok. If that end is rounded any, it is very, very little. Couldn't even notice any. But the frame end was definitely.

I went ahead and ordered the synergy track bar frame brace, sector shaft brace, track bar and steering stabilizer HD relocation bracket. Parts came in last night and I got them dropped off to my mechanic friend first thing this morning. Hopefully, I will know something by tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed, hoping and praying.

#31 ·
Well, my mechanic just called and said that the synergy track bar frame brace and sector shaft brace clears the spring fine. But it's touching the sway bar. I haven't read about anybody having a problem with clearance with the sway bar.

Anybody had this problem?

#33 ·
Here are pics if what I have.

#34 ·
Mine is not contacting at all. I have done some wheeling but not super extreme. Both with sway bar connected and disconnected. Looks like it would contact at full flex though (on mine). Do you have alignment done and axle centered?! Do you have synergy tracbar too? If you don't have synergy's tracbar it will likely contact the tracbar.

PS I'd have them grind the round piece attached to frame ground down to the frame or you'll have contact there too. Can't tell from photo if you did that already

#35 ·
Mine is not contacting at all. I have done some wheeling but not super extreme. Both with sway bar connected and disconnected. Looks like it would contact at full flex though (on mine). Do you have alignment done and axle centered?! Do you have synergy tracbar too? If you don't have synergy's tracbar it will likely contact the tracbar. PS I'd have them grind the round piece attached to frame ground down to the frame or you'll have contact there too. Can't tell from photo if you did that already
What lift are you running (make and size)?
I did get the synergy track bat as well.
Is yours as close as what mine is as seen in the previous pics?
What specific round piece are you referring to?

#39 ·
It's looks like it's just barely hitting the sway bar. Grab a grinder and kiss either the corner of the bracket or swaybar. Shouldn't matter where the swaybar is sitting at ride height.!It still going to hit flexed.
It's about 3/16 inch maybe 1/4 inch away from touching the sway bar. Do you think it is ok to let it ride? Or do you think it will be a problem?

The only other option I can think of to fix my track bar bolt holes is to take all this off and use some welded in washers.

#44 ·
Okay. I think I can also get a little length out of my RK sway bar links. This would raise my sway bar up some and give me some more clearance since the that edge of the brace angels away from the sway bar as you move upwards. I think my sway bar could go up some more and not affect anything. I'll have to check it out when I get back in town, but I think, if I recall from memory correctly, that my sway bar could stand to move up slightly anyways.

It should affect the drive of the jeep even if it is slightly up from level correct?

#47 ·
Initial impressions? What were you running before?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.