Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   Who needs a UTV side by side....... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/who-needs-a-utv-side-by-side-68189.html)

FarmerMac 11-08-2010 05:31 PM

Who needs a UTV side by side.......

:bottom:I just bought my first ever Jeep this past weekend. Its a 05 TJ and so far its great. I started out looking at side-by-side UTV's but could not see the practicallity of paying $13,000.00 for a off road vehicle that can only go off road. And the wife was more interested in a 3rd vehicle. So now I have my new toy and a 3rd vehicle. Just wanted to tell everyone hello and so far this forum rocks. Lots of good information on here. I just do not know where to start on my jeep.........hmmmm

Barrie 11-08-2010 05:33 PM

Welcome.:wavey:

blkrubi88 11-08-2010 05:34 PM

Welcome to the forum!

toshpate 11-08-2010 05:39 PM

welcome. And I have thought the same thing . They are popular here in Oklahoma the UTVs anyways

FarmerMac 11-08-2010 05:42 PM

Thanks guys. I have always wanted a Wrangler and plan to use the damn thing. Its a "stocker" but soon it will be a real wheeler. Bring on the mud and snow. I had never even been in a Wrangler until I test drove mine. I think that I became addicted instantly. Fun to drive.....can't wait to get her topless. Too cold right now and I am a bit concerned that I will not be able to get her top back on after I get it off......lol

FarmerMac 11-08-2010 05:44 PM

Side-by-sides are very popular here in PA too......but unless you work in the woods you can not drive them to your job.

redjeeper 11-08-2010 10:14 PM

Welcome to Wf :wavey:

whiteyj 11-08-2010 10:17 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Ageless Stranger 11-09-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerMac (Post 865833)
:bottom:I just bought my first ever Jeep this past weekend. Its a 05 TJ and so far its great. I started out looking at side-by-side UTV's but could not see the practicallity of paying $13,000.00 for a off road vehicle that can only go off road. And the wife was more interested in a 3rd vehicle. So now I have my new toy and a 3rd vehicle. Just wanted to tell everyone hello and so far this forum rocks. Lots of good information on here. I just do not know where to start on my jeep.........hmmmm

That was the EXACT reasoning behind the purchase of my Jeep. It'll go anywhere a UTV will go, plus it's a street legal convertable to boot! :punk:

Welcome to WF. :)

530ktm 11-09-2010 08:08 AM

:wavey: Smart decision.

FarmerMac 11-09-2010 04:55 PM

I just took the kids out on the farm tonight to play in the jeep. Its the first time that I have ever drove it (or a jeep for that matter) in the dirt. Checked the cows and what fun. Not much mud right now, but it climbs over anything like a champ......now why did I wait soooo long to get one? Is it cool to have cow crud on your tires?????

jcf 11-10-2010 11:52 AM

My hub's has a utv, I tried to get him to buy a Jeep but he was stuck on a utv so he has a rzr. Oh well, some people just want what they want, I am happy with Jeep

FarmerMac 11-10-2010 04:30 PM

Wow.....he does not know what he is missing. The only problem that I see with the Jeep choice so far is that I'm probably gonna "$$$ break the bank $$$" with add ons and mods. I'm sure that I'll have fun doing it.