Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   APRIL 21st - who's in?? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/april-21st-whos-in-6863.html)

tiny terror 03-26-2007 05:57 PM

APRIL 21st - who's in??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited (Post 63850)
Ok let's plan on Big Bear on the 21st. I'm thinking maybe going up to Butler Peak to the look-out:

http://www.ronbigelow.com/Outings/Tr...ler/butler.jpg

And then maybe doing the Holcomb Creek / Lower Larga flats loop.

Then maybe home by way of Cleghorn road trail to the I15.

Let me know what you think.....

I know I'm in, and Brian. And I suspect RedRubi and Emills are in. Who else? GolfSpaz can you get the day off? Rawkon, you comin'? JeepGuy?

(Larry, you and Don are going to be sorely missed. My son and his friend got a huge kick out of you guys.)

RedRubiTJ 03-26-2007 06:20 PM

I'm in. I'll let Eric speak for himself.

JeepGuyLJ 03-26-2007 06:21 PM

I hopfully can make it cause it will be nice to finally meet you guys.

Rawkon 03-26-2007 08:46 PM

i should be there.

Holcomb creek can be a long trail. pending on conditions. Ive spent 4 hours getting a mile in, in the snow.

What time and where do we want to meet? ill be up there friday night. so i can meet you all anywhere.
teaser pic
http://www.offroadworld.net/gallery/Rawkon/151953.jpg

Would you guys mind if i invited some ORW guys?? all good guys who love to wheel. no show boaters and they will be prepared

emills 03-26-2007 08:53 PM

I will most likely be in Big Bear that day - but not wheeling. The family and I are suposed to be going up there for a charity walk for the National MS Society that day. I will try to join or meet up for a frosty brew afterwards if I can though.

I'll let you know if that changes.

Eric

RedRubiTJ 03-26-2007 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawkon (Post 65967)
What time and where do we want to meet? ill be up there friday night. so i can meet you all anywhere.

Unlimited said to meet at the fire station in Fawnskin at 8:30. He wants to run Butler Peak then Holcomb Creek / Lower Larga Flats. I'll likely be up the night before as well.

-Chuck

04moneypit 03-26-2007 09:57 PM

I'm going to try and make it, I promise, I'll do my best.

Rawkon 03-27-2007 12:01 AM

if were gonna run lower larga and holcomb creek which way are we gonna start the trail? is butler peak open yet?

RedRubiTJ 03-27-2007 12:15 AM

Rawkon, I think Brian has been unofficially elected trail leader but he's not chiming in so from the "next run" thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited (Post 64278)
How about we meet in Fawnskin at 8:30?

RRTJ, is the cafe in Fawnskin still open? Otherwise, I guess we could meet at the Fire station.

I don't think we'll have any problem getting tiny through Holcomb Creek trail, especially if we do it west to east. (She has no problem with body damage, as long as her Jeep is still drivable.) I like doing the loop where you start at the east end of Holcomb Creek trail and the head up Lower Larga flats. Then go around to the west end of Holcomb and run the rock gardens to the east. I thought we could start with a run up to Butler peak. It's an easy drive, but being able to go up to the look-out is pretty cool. I'm not sure who all is going, but we shouldn't have much in the way of problems for the NewBees.

That's all I know :D.

Unlimited 03-27-2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRubiTJ (Post 66024)
Rawkon, I think Brian has been unofficially elected trail leader but he's not chiming in so from the "next run" thread:

That's all I know :D.

Sorry, busy day at work....

And how the heck did I get elected "Trail Leader"?

I'm pretty sure that Butler Peak will be open by April 21st, but we'll check before we try to make it up there. It's kind of a cool destination. I suggested that we do the Holcomb Creek / Larga flats loop because I know it pretty well and I'm sure we could get just about anyone through it without much problem. The loop is easier if you do it counter-clockwise (run the bulk of Holcomb Creek trail west to east), but still has enough challenges to make it interesting. I haven't been through there since September, so I don't know if it's changed much.

I just made suggestions as to what I thought would be a good run for the group, but frankly, I don't really care which trails we go on. If someone has a better suggestion, by all means, speak up. Keep in mind that some of the people are relatively inexperienced and under equipped to do a trail the likes of John Bull or Dishpan Springs. Especially if it's in the snow.

I'm defiantly in. I suggest we meet at 8:30 or 9:00ish in Fawnskin. The only landmarks I can remember are the fire station on the corner or the park. Whatever works?

Feel free to invite friends. My personal preference would be to keep it down to 10 or so vehicles if possible. Any more and it just gets to be too much.

I'm sure we'll talk more about this before it happens, see you all on the trail.

RedRubiTJ 03-27-2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited (Post 66026)
Sorry, busy day at work....

And how the heck did I get elected "Trail Leader"?.

tiny did it when you weren't looking :D.

Actually I am with Unlimited - I don't really care what trails we run either, I haven't been on HC in a while and it's always a fun trail but I think we are all really flexible.

Brian if you don't want the job perhaps Rawkon does... ;). I know I sure don't.

We still haven't heard from jeffwen or mog.

Rawkon 03-27-2007 01:13 AM

Ok cool. Im totally use to running with new wheelers. I agree on the keeping it under 10. I was just up on Holcomb creek and its still doable for a stock rig on 31s with no body damage. all about tire placement.

Im gonna try and get a couple guys to come up and ill make sure they are trail ready and wont hold us back. Unlimited If my group gets too big or you see anything you dont like feel free to let me know. ill let you know who is for sure coming. prolly a couple jeeps and scouts.

i can lead if you want or i can follow it makes no difference to me. Im just hear to have fun.
I know the trails up there really well. (family lives there)

tiny terror 03-27-2007 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRubiTJ (Post 66027)
tiny did it when you weren't looking :D.

I'm sneaky that way.

And hell, it's not like ya'll want me in charge. That would be a cluster f...... well it wouldn't be good anyhow.

Unlimited 03-27-2007 11:52 AM

I'm good either way. I'm more than happy to lead, but I'm happier to follow.

Rawk, I spent years on those trails on a dirt bike before I got my Jeep. While I like to think I know them pretty well, I haven't run them all in the Jeep, so I don't really know the best trails or what you can get a stock Jeep through. I've done Holcomb and Larga Flats multiple times and at night in my Jeep, so that is where my comfort zone is as far as leading this group. I'm open to doing anything up there as long as someone else leads it.

Don't worry about me fretting over other people, I'm pretty easy going. My preference is to keep groups on the small side, I've run with a few big groups and I really don't care for it. It's no fun being stuck on a trail behind 20 Jeeps.

But like I said..... I'm good either way, just let me know what you all want to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawkon (Post 66030)
....all about tire placement.

This statement is just as true in life as it is in a Jeep! Hope you don't mind me steeling it for a while.

Rawkon 03-27-2007 08:21 PM

Sweet, lookin foward to meeting everyone.

Just let me know what you want me to do,
Now do we have trail requirements??
Tools, CB radio, tow points, straps, fire extinguishers, food water, good running rig etc etc..
I also like the tread lightly philosephy

i just want to know what to tell the guys im inviting?

JeepGuyLJ 03-27-2007 08:34 PM

Do you guys think i can make through the trail without any damage to my drivetrian, body cuase its my dd. Any pics.

Rawkon 03-27-2007 10:09 PM

JeepguyLJ what are the mods on your jeep? If your lifted at all and have 31s or bigger you will be fine. just listen to your spotter and stay off the stupid pedal.

this guys is commin and he lives in big bear. his name is Wayne

http://www.offroadworld.net/gallery/irmgaard/152555.jpg

Rawkon 03-28-2007 12:02 AM

This guy might be commin along too.
his scout was just featured in diesel power mag
http://www.offroadworld.net/gallery/Rawkon/149453.jpg

Unlimited 03-28-2007 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawkon (Post 66236)
....Now do we have trail requirements??
Tools, CB radio, tow points, straps, fire extinguishers, food water, good running rig etc etc..

i just want to know what to tell the guys im inviting?

Beer! bring lots and lots of good beer! (just kidding, I think Chuck is taking care of that part of the outing.) I'm not real big on imposing requirements other than people being realistic about their vehicles. I will have all of the above mentioned items, plus a few more. I'm sure that between us, we'll be able to handle pretty much any situation that comes along.

JeepGuyLJ, My jeep is my daily driver as well, same goes for a few others in the group. Fret not, I'm sure that with your mods, you'll be fine. Like Rawk says..... "it's all about tire placement".

For pics: Rawk and I both posted some in this and the "Nexr Run" thread.... Take a look.

JeepGuyLJ 03-28-2007 02:52 PM

Rawkon i have a 3inch fulltraction lift and 32inch bfg mt's so you guys think im ok huh. I just dont want to break anything.

Unlimited 03-28-2007 04:41 PM

There are no guarantees against breakage on this trip. Nor any warrantees expressed or implied with regards to you having fun. Off-roading is a dangerous sport and could result in death, dismemberment, or massive body damage (to you and/or your vehicle). Shift into 4low at your own risk!

Fret not JGLJ: you'll be fine....

Rawkon 03-28-2007 05:28 PM

you will be fine jeepguy. theres always a possibility but you have a good setup. just stay off the stupid pedal Watch and LISTEN to your spotter. i ran the trail unscathed with a budget boost and 31s with no breakage or body damage.

The guys i have invited are on hold until it gets closer and we see how many guys/gals from WF are goin.

JeepGuyLJ 03-28-2007 06:48 PM

Sounds good. :cool:

Silent 03-30-2007 01:32 AM

Chuck i got a question im getting a cherokee on saturday so i wanna know if i can get some help or some extra parts you dont use anymore that i can buy off you and anything. i thought i remember you saying you have or had one. and its a 89 by the way so its older

RedRubiTJ 03-30-2007 01:55 AM

Hey Silent!

Silent 03-30-2007 06:14 PM

so when we go to big bear whos destracting Tiny for me so i can use her jeep?!! :p ;) :D

tiny terror 03-30-2007 06:35 PM

Oh that'll be a cold day in hell, Silent. No one drives my baby, least not on a trail. We're still in the honeymoon stage.

emills 03-30-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 67154)
Oh that'll be a cold day in hell, Silent. No one drives my baby, least not on a trail. We're still in the honeymoon stage.

Oh come on - be nice and share. Plus - at least he can see over the steering wheel! :flipoff: :p

Eric

emills 03-30-2007 07:07 PM

And as far as that ride - I might actually be able to go. My cabing won't be liveable by then. So the family is not going to go up and do the MS Walk. So I am gonna ask the woman if maybe I can take one of the girls and head up for the day. I'll keep y'all posted.

Eric

tiny terror 03-31-2007 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emills (Post 67165)
Oh come on - be nice and share. Plus - at least he can see over the steering wheel! :flipoff: :p

Eric

What ever made you think I was nice? Or that I share? :D....... and um..... I can see over the steering wheel just fine I'll have you know :p