Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   To all the women driving jk's at soccer practice.... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/to-all-the-women-driving-jks-at-soccer-practice-694353.html)

JS1990 05-11-2014 03:51 PM

To all the women driving jk's at soccer practice....

Happy Mother's Day :)

MrAnon 05-11-2014 04:38 PM

^x2

Greep 05-11-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS1990 (Post 10544689)
Happy Mother's Day :)

I'm sure the moms in their JKs really don't care what someone in a '98 anything thinks about their $35,000 Jeep! :-D

JS1990 05-11-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greep (Post 10545409)
I'm sure the moms in their JKs really don't care what someone in a '98 anything thinks about their $35,000 Jeep! :-D

maybe so, but I was just alluding to the fact that they are moms

3X4X4 05-11-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greep (Post 10545409)

Most of them think their hubbies got them a Hummer.

You know, as I recall, there was actually a slight price decrease, model for model in 2007 vs 2006. The JK is cheaper to manufacture with all the plastic components and the lack of character lines in the thinner sheet metal is also easier and cheaper to produce along with the 3.8 minivan engine was probably less unit cost than the I6. If a TJU (LJ) were to be built today it would cost closer to 40,000.

When I sold my JK, the first question I was asked, over and over was not what type of axles or lift or even color but they wanted to know if it had power windows and locks!

KC_Hawker 05-11-2014 07:56 PM

Don't worry, on Labor Day the JK owners will return the favor and thank those who don't have job and cant afford a new Jeep.

And be sure to let them know they can have our sloppy seconds when we are done with em :)

Kane21d 05-11-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Hawker (Post 10549353)
Don't worry, on Labor Day the JK owners will return the favor and thank those who don't have job and cant afford a new Jeep.

And be sure to let them know they can have our sloppy seconds when we are done with em :)

HAHA, Touche....

Now I'll just hop in my 1 engine, 280,000 mile Jeep and drive around a bit since you know....it's still reliable and awesome after 21 years.

JS1990 05-11-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Hawker (Post 10549353)
Don't worry, on Labor Day the JK owners will return the favor and thank those who don't have job and cant afford a new Jeep. And be sure to let them know they can have our sloppy seconds when we are done with em :)

With a tendency for jeep owners to be a little hard on their rides, and since they tend to have a little more fun then the average American driver...if something would go wrong I would rather have a $4,000 paper weight sitting in my drive way then a $40,000 one. I will give you one thing though, a car seat does fit a little better in a jk...so that's all you

KC_Hawker 05-11-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS1990 (Post 10550521)
With a tendency for jeep owners to be a little hard on their rides, and since they tend to have a little more fun then the average American driver...if something would go wrong I would rather have a $4,000 paper weight sitting in my drive way then a $40,000 one. I will give you one thing though, a car seat does fit a little better in a jk...so that's all you

I can understand the cost thing, that's why I will not wheel mine until it paid off and I ha e a different driver.

The car seat I wouldn't know about, I got rid of those a long time ago. I don't think they fit when you have no rear seat either.

I do like the JK better than the TJ because at my height and shoulder width, I fit in it better. The TJ fit a little better than the Samurai, but both still felt like they were built for 5 ' drivers.

TjMtl 05-11-2014 10:26 PM

Soccer moms are the best! :)

Wattapunk 05-12-2014 08:30 AM

OP, not sure what your angle is on posting this thread regarding JK's in a TJ forum but you can expect some backlash from JK owners. Although I prefer the classic look of the 2dr Jeeps vs. the more comfortable spacious 4 drs, I still respect that it's still a Jeep. You should post this in the JK forum if you really want to wish the JK mom's a Happy Mother's Day.

Bet 05-12-2014 08:52 AM

As far as I'm concerned, other people driving jeeps "soccer moms" etc is a good thing. Keeps the company alive, and gives me nice used vehicles to buy a few years down the road.

JS1990 05-12-2014 11:43 AM

It was just supposed to spark some interest and have people click the thread. I don't really hate jk's. I guess fun posts aren't allowed

Sjtoby 05-12-2014 05:18 PM

I think this was a great funny post. I am a JK owner (and a TJ owner!) and all that plastic crap molding all around the inside of the JK I call "soccer mom molding". I pulled all the soccer mom molding from around the windshield within two hours of owning the jeep.

JS1990 05-12-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjtoby (Post 10571057)
I think this was a great funny post. I am a JK owner (and a TJ owner!) and all that plastic crap molding all around the inside of the JK I call "soccer mom molding". I pulled all the soccer mom molding from around the windshield within two hours of owning the jeep.

thank you!

K.wag 05-12-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JS1990 (Post 10550521)

Wheeling doesn't have to include roll-over prone 'oh sh!t' moments. Haha I wheel mine hard and have never worried about it being a complete loss at any point on the trail. 10k or 40k, I would rather get my money's worth than worry about keeping it shiny and clean. The more you damage on a jeep (I have gotten my fair share of dents) the more you realize that just about everything on a jeep has oem or aftermarket replacement readily available. Aaaaand if you can afford 40k for a brand new jeep, you should be able to afford to wheel it and repair it.

skarpyona 05-12-2014 10:10 PM

Good chuckle out of this post :-)

SlightlyMoto 05-12-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Hawker (Post 10553457)
I can understand the cost thing, that's why I will not wheel mine until it paid off and I ha e a different driver. The car seat I wouldn't know about, I got rid of those a long time ago. I don't think they fit when you have no rear seat either. I do like the JK better than the TJ because at my height and shoulder width, I fit in it better. The TJ fit a little better than the Samurai, but both still felt like they were built for 5 ' drivers.

Im 6'3 and my tj has more room than my dads jk my head easily could hit a jk rollbar... My last vehicle was a single cab yota so dont school me
On "comfort". Lol ik we all friends here

Hghstrng 05-12-2014 10:37 PM

Where is the popcorn?

KC_Hawker 05-13-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlightlyMoto (Post 10579585)
Im 6'3 and my tj has more room than my dads jk my head easily could hit a jk rollbar... My last vehicle was a single cab yota so dont school me
On "comfort". Lol ik we all friends here

Noticed ya skipped the shoulder width. Ya may be tall but a bean pole. Do you have a nice V shape or are you like a 2x4? I like the width of the JK - my shoulder still brushes the door and is still over half of the armrest...

JS1990 05-13-2014 12:15 PM

Yeah I mean it is a wrangler...jk :P

K.wag 05-13-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Hawker (Post 10587146)
Noticed ya skipped the shoulder width. Ya may be tall but a bean pole. Do you have a nice V shape or are you like a 2x4? I like the width of the JK - my shoulder still brushes the door and is still over half of the armrest...

You like that JK width until you do a narrow trail that your JK will have a hard time squeezing through while the rest of us dont even bat an eye...
oh wait, we already established JK's are for driving kids to soccer practice ;)