Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   North Carolina Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f73/)
-   -   Bring On A Blizzard! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f73/bring-on-a-blizzard-69452.html)

PatriotNC 11-19-2010 12:01 AM

Bring On A Blizzard!
 
Some folks might think I'm nuts, but I'm looking forward to another one of those NC blizzards like we had last year. I reckon I just like snow!

Bring it on!

drowe 11-19-2010 11:04 AM

Um, yes you are NUTS!!!! I moved away from that stuff and hope to never see it again! Besides the miserable snow, the NC drivers that see it once in a lifetime have NO CLUE how to drive in it! It is just a demolition derby out there!!!

David

Wally Meyers 11-19-2010 12:44 PM

:wavey: I hate snow!! Lived here for 61 years. I want out, but all the family is here.

ParaCAD 11-19-2010 12:53 PM

Bonkers! You can keep it!

Never lived in it more than a year...and never will again

PatriotNC 11-20-2010 02:12 AM

Hahaaa! Maybe I'm part Eskimo!

tarheel 11-20-2010 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drowe (Post 884411)
Um, yes you are NUTS!!!! I moved away from that stuff and hope to never see it again! Besides the miserable snow, the NC drivers that see it once in a lifetime have NO CLUE how to drive in it! It is just a demolition derby out there!!!

David

There are a lot of drivers that should stay off the roads when bad conditions are present. Snow is not usually the problem here. We never get cold enough to have a layer of snow. We usually get a light snowfall on warm roads that melts and then refreezes. Then we get all the "experienced drivers" showing us how to do it. Without the efficiency of the northern DOT crews our clearing is slow at best adding to the problem. I just wish more would stay home so that those of use required to be at work would have less to deal with.
Glenn

WahooWolfe 11-20-2010 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheel (Post 885612)
There are a lot of drivers that should stay off the roads when bad conditions are present.

There are a lot of people that should stay off the roads when good conditions are present! :eek:

tarheel 11-21-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WahooWolfe (Post 885648)
There are a lot of people that should stay off the roads when good conditions are present! :eek:

That is so true:D

bobjenkins 11-21-2010 12:13 AM

I've been in the desert heat for all my short life. But that's enough for now I would love to live there and havehblizzards! Atleast for a decade or so....then ill be tired of it too heh. From now ill have to settle on blizzards from DQ

monkeee2002 11-21-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotNC (Post 883901)
Some folks might think I'm nuts, but I'm looking forward to another one of those NC blizzards like we had last year. I reckon I just like snow!

Bring it on!



Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjenkins (Post 886951)
I've been in the desert heat for all my short life. But that's enough for now I would love to live there and havehblizzards! Atleast for a decade or so....then ill be tired of it too heh. From now ill have to settle on blizzards from DQ



Try Idaho, we get it all, lol!

Lawngnome 11-21-2010 12:51 AM

Your not crazy I cant wait for the snow to hit also, or maybe I'm just crazy as well. What I am not looking forward to is the road salt.

mcgyver1467 11-21-2010 01:44 AM

I love the snow, but we rarely get any here anymore. I am from South Carolina and we may get an inch or two thats it. The problem with the snow here is that with our climate it is always a wet snow which means ice. People here have a problem with that. So many people think they can drive like theres nothing on the roads then they find some ice and its all over. I would like to try being up North and driving in a dry snow. Its cold enough for it to be a dry snow at least for a while. My wife and her family used to live in New York and they had no problem driving, but here is a different story.

PatriotNC 11-21-2010 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawngnome (Post 886989)
Your not crazy I cant wait for the snow to hit also, or maybe I'm just crazy as well. What I am not looking forward to is the road salt.

I heard that! That road salt is nasty!

PatriotNC 11-21-2010 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgyver1467 (Post 887008)
I love the snow, but we rarely get any here anymore. I am from South Carolina and we may get an inch or two thats it. The problem with the snow here is that with our climate it is always a wet snow which means ice. People here have a problem with that. So many people think they can drive like theres nothing on the roads then they find some ice and its all over. I would like to try being up North and driving in a dry snow. Its cold enough for it to be a dry snow at least for a while. My wife and her family used to live in New York and they had no problem driving, but here is a different story.

Come on up to the mountains in NC, neighbor......we'll hook you up with some snow!

MCDavis 11-22-2010 12:10 PM

Yes, you are nuts! ;)

PatriotNC 11-24-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCDavis (Post 888911)
Yes, you are nuts! ;)

Certifiable!

WranglerLou 11-26-2010 08:37 PM

want snow move north... I moved here to get away from it and last year had me thinking pack my bags....

PatriotNC 11-26-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WranglerLou (Post 895608)
want snow move north... I moved here to get away from it and last year had me thinking pack my bags....

We get very little snow compared to many places. But once in awhile, it's a good change of pace.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.