Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Jeep OEM Heated Seat Add-On Option (Mopar Part #82210854AC) (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/jeep-oem-heated-seat-add-on-option-mopar-part-82210854ac-70069.html)

tony99 11-25-2010 12:41 AM

Jeep OEM Heated Seat Add-On Option (Mopar Part #82210854AC)
 
Has anyone purchased and installed the Mopar after-market heated seats on their Wrangler JK? The Mopar Part # is 82210854AC.

Being an OEM part, it would be nice if it would replace the blank rocker switches in the center console... but from what I've been able to find, I don't think this is the case. Can anyone confirm where the High/Med/Low/Off switch mounts and where? Pictures would be great!

Thanks!
-T

monkers 11-25-2010 06:50 AM

I dont know if this is the kit you`re talking about, but I got it when I got the Jeep with the Mopar Bucks and had the dealer install it, Ill try posting the pic of the switches mounted in the spot where the power window switches would normally be, if it doesnt post go to jeepforum.com and look in my gallery (same username) there is a pic of it there. I love the heated seats....awesome!! happy turkey day to you :punk:
DSCN13621 - JeepForum.com Gallery

corima 11-25-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkers (Post 893400)
I dont know if this is the kit you`re talking about, but I got it when I got the Jeep with the Mopar Bucks and had the dealer install it, Ill try posting the pic of the switches mounted in the spot where the power window switches would normally be, if it doesnt post go to jeepforum.com and look in my gallery (same username) there is a pic of it there. I love the heated seats....awesome!! happy turkey day to you :punk:
DSCN13621 - JeepForum.com Gallery


Where do the power window switches get moved to?

emailj 11-25-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corima (Post 893422)
Where do the power window switches get moved to?

probably has manual windows? That looks weird when I'm used to the windows switches there. I WOULD LOVE heated seats. After all, I am Canadian Eh, and they are calling for lots of snow this winter.

J_Westy 11-25-2010 10:05 AM

I've read the Mopar one is made by Check anyway, so I'm thinking about this kit that's $100 cheaper...

LUX 201MPR - Check Corporation Seat Heaters for 99-10 Jeep® Wrangler TJ, JK & Unlimited - Quadratec

monkers 11-25-2010 05:37 PM

yup, I got manual windows in the Rubicon.....sorry I didnt mention that....used the seats tonight.....LOVE THEM!!!!

RB-10rubicon 11-25-2010 06:42 PM

I got them and i love them i mounted switch under powerwindow switch

MadRiver 12-02-2010 05:29 PM

How hard was the install? I ordered the heated seats for my wife as a Christmas present, and I'm planning on surprising her by installing them this weekend. It's my Jeep, but we ride in it a lot together, and she just hates cold weather. The instructions say about two hours. I'm sure that really means 4 or more!

RB-10rubicon 12-02-2010 06:12 PM

The wireing was easy cutting hole in dash was a little nerv racking but came out good had a buddy help me with the seats we didnt have to take seats out they work really well the get HOT

aelwero 12-02-2010 06:19 PM

Carbon Fiber Seat Heater by WarmSeats

$90 a seat... I chose this one because I only needed the drivers side, and they specifically say they are water resistant, and that seemed like a good idea :) No issues with em at all.

aelwero 12-02-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadRiver (Post 904754)
How hard was the install? I ordered the heated seats for my wife as a Christmas present, and I'm planning on surprising her by installing them this weekend. It's my Jeep, but we ride in it a lot together, and she just hates cold weather. The instructions say about two hours. I'm sure that really means 4 or more!

getting the upholstery off the stock seats is way fun. :rolleyes:

KooL 12-02-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aelwero (Post 904830)
getting the upholstery off the stock seats is way fun. :rolleyes:

Is it any harder than taking upholstery off of anything else? I've done it a couple of times, but to a Chevy pickup. It wasn't the most enjoyable thing I've ever done, but it wasn't too terrible. Just took a little bit to figure out where to start. haha. Thought about getting these heated seats, but I keep convincing myself I don't really need them.

RB-10rubicon 12-02-2010 09:03 PM

The seats are great get them... thinking about getting them for the wifes jeep .i just put the heating element under leather and slowly pulled sticky back off so i wouldnt have to remove upolstrey

aelwero 12-02-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KooL (Post 904892)
Is it any harder than taking upholstery off of anything else? I've done it a couple of times, but to a Chevy pickup. It wasn't the most enjoyable thing I've ever done, but it wasn't too terrible. Just took a little bit to figure out where to start. haha. Thought about getting these heated seats, but I keep convincing myself I don't really need them.

they got weird plastic clip rails on em... they're the only modern seats I've ever done, and compared to 70's and earlier, they aren't even close. No staples, no metal frame, just two strips of plastic tubing that clip into one another... once you getem separated, they skin off and back on very easily, but getting em to unclip was a PITA.

MadRiver 12-03-2010 10:15 AM

Has anyone tried fitting a set to the rear seats as well? I would think it would be pretty simple to make them work.

KooL 12-03-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aelwero (Post 905363)
they got weird plastic clip rails on em... they're the only modern seats I've ever done, and compared to 70's and earlier, they aren't even close. No staples, no metal frame, just two strips of plastic tubing that clip into one another... once you getem separated, they skin off and back on very easily, but getting em to unclip was a PITA.

That sounds pretty similar to my pickup seats. What took me the longest was to get the armrest on and off of my seat. It was a huge pain!!

KooL 12-03-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadRiver (Post 905873)
Has anyone tried fitting a set to the rear seats as well? I would think it would be pretty simple to make them work.

I can't think of a reason they wouldn't work. Particularly the "cut-to-size" ones Aelwero posted earlier.

AgtSunshine 12-03-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aelwero (Post 905363)
they got weird plastic clip rails on em... they're the only modern seats I've ever done, and compared to 70's and earlier, they aren't even close. No staples, no metal frame, just two strips of plastic tubing that clip into one another... once you getem separated, they skin off and back on very easily, but getting em to unclip was a PITA.

About 17 years ago, I worked at the JCI Taylor, MI plant where the Wrangler seats were being made at that time (probably still are).

The back rest portion was/is assembled like this: The seat cover is placed upside down inside a 'frame' that equates to a trash bag-holder while the plastic 'core' and foam of the seat is slowly rammed into the 'bag'/cover from above by a hydraulic piston-like machine.

The bottom part was easier and didn't really need a machine. You just hand-fit the cover over and around the plastic and foam core and clip together those 'tubes' of pressed those PITA white 'Christmas trees' stubs <--my THUMBS still hurt thinking about those damn things.

aelwero 12-03-2010 01:01 PM

The set I have would EASILY go into the back seat without cutting, but you'd have to add wire... the harness that comes with it barely reaches the front seats ;)

MadRiver 12-06-2010 10:36 AM

Installed the Mopar kit on the front seats this weekend. Took about two hours to do the first seat, and then less than an hour to do the second seat. However, it wasn't fun. I'm used to working on antique cars, so whenever I mess around with the Jeep or anything else modern it drives me nuts. The metal wire rings that hold the seat upholstery to the seats are a sadistic form of torture!

However, it was worth it. My wife loves heated seats, and I did the install while she was out of town for the weekend. I put a gift bow on the seat and the controller, cranked up the heat setting and picked her up at the train station. She was thrilled!

J_Westy 12-06-2010 11:03 AM

Can anybody confirm fitment for a 2011? Either the Mopar kit or the Check kit?

If so, any tips on getting to the cigarette lighter connection behind the new dash?

WifesWrangler 05-15-2013 06:21 PM

Od post but still appropriate, and now resurrected. :) My wife and I ordered heated seats with our new 2013 Wrangler Sport which would have been an add on to an existing stock vehicle. It came without the passenger side bottom seat heating. We called foul and the dealership has been trying to work it out for 2 months now. The 2013 seats cannot be refitted with the aftermarket seat heaters, due to the pressure sensor on the bottom seat, passenger side. (don't let anyone tell you differently) Unless it is a factory seat, there is no way to heat that passenger seat. The dealer has opted to change our seats from another vehicle with factory heated seats. This is a good idea except our dealership is slightly more slippery than a snake oil salesman. This is however, the only way to add heated "seats" to your 2013 model Wrangler, and from my experience, it would be unsafe to do so any other way.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.