Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   North Korea (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/north-korea-70170.html)

castorj29 11-26-2010 05:50 AM

North Korea
 
Why in the hell are we and the world even messing around with the lollie pop kid in North Korea. How much are we going to take from this clown. Lets get this war on the road. And be done with it. Tired of hearing about all the threats from N.Korea

daggo66 11-26-2010 05:54 AM

Maybe because things didn't go so well last time.

chucky cheese 11-26-2010 06:09 AM

Because of a puppet master called China with an endless supply of soldiers which can only be countered with nuclear weapons which will make 2012 the end of the world and a Jeep won't get you out of that situation I don't care how much you wave or how big your tires and lift are ect. ect. ect.

Wally Meyers 11-26-2010 06:30 AM

:wavey: For years there has been plenty of talk about the world as we know it ending in 2012. We may kick their ass, but in doing so, we may kick our own at the same time.

sheetsd66 11-26-2010 06:34 AM

Yeah, US is already fighting wars on two fronts and we don't have enough troops on the ground in Korea to do much more than eat kimchi and chase hookers. N. Korea and China know it so there's really no recourse except to strongly disapprove of their actions. I wouldn't get my panties in too much of a wad.....both sides play these little games, this is just a little more high profile than normal.

PatriotNC 11-26-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucky cheese (Post 894743)
Because of a puppet master called China with an endless supply of soldiers which can only be countered with nuclear weapons which will make 2012 the end of the world and a Jeep won't get you out of that situation I don't care how much you wave or how big your tires and lift are ect. ect. ect.

The Chinese have a marginal Navy. It takes a strong naval force to take on the U.S. The latest aircraft in the Chinese inventory is the MiG-29, which ANY aircraft in the U.S. arsenal can take out easily.

Everyone talks about the "large" Chinese Army. It takes food and other provisions to keep that large a force going too. They do well to maintain them, and their population as well. Destroy their food and supplies, and the Chinese Army is nothing but a paper tiger.

As for their nukes..... They don't want to be blown into oblivion any more than Soviet Russia did. And we can surely do that. That is our only good card we have left in our hand.

Problem is........we have a candy ass liberal for a President. That is the trouble we face right now. He'll back down from that half-pint dictator in North Korea, because he doesn't have the stomach for a fight.

PatriotNC 11-26-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 894741)
Maybe because things didn't go so well last time.

Things went fine. We destroyed the North Korean Army, and chased the Chinese Army to the Yalu River. It was the politicians who backed out of the war, not any deficiency of our soldiers. ( Just like 'Nam. )

castorj29 11-26-2010 07:04 AM

I see a bad moon arising.......better start stocking up on supplies and ammo

JackdUp 11-26-2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotNC (Post 894758)
.....Problem is........we have a candy ass liberal for a President. That is the trouble we face right now. He'll back down from that half-pint dictator in North Korea, because he doesn't have the stomach for a fight.

Agreed. And the way he leads this country is very questionable when it comes down to who's best interest he has in mind.

chucky cheese 11-26-2010 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotNC (Post 894758)
The Chinese have a marginal Navy. It takes a strong naval force to take on the U.S. The latest aircraft in the Chinese inventory is the MiG-29, which ANY aircraft in the U.S. arsenal can take out easily.

Everyone talks about the "large" Chinese Army. It takes food and other provisions to keep that large a force going too. They do well to maintain them, and their population as well. Destroy their food and supplies, and the Chinese Army is nothing but a paper tiger.

As for their nukes..... They don't want to be blown into oblivion any more than Soviet Russia did. And we can surely do that. That is our only good card we have left in our hand.

Problem is........we have a candy ass liberal for a President. That is the trouble we face right now. He'll back down from that half-pint dictator in North Korea, because he doesn't have the stomach for a fight.

I totally agree with both of your posts. But I feel The world leaders we have now cannot make rational decisions. Someone may get backed into a corner. I don't think we have world opinion on our side right now. All this is conjecture though we shall see if our noble leader will bow his way out of this one.

Mr. Sinister 11-26-2010 08:43 AM

Let the "world as we know it" come to an end, maybe we'll be better off. i can hunt, fish and live off the land if needed. i personally feel were too far gone to save. bring it on.

ESP 11-26-2010 09:05 AM

If the S. Koreans attacked the North we would have to become involved. They are our allies but maybe we could do more of the supplying to them kinda like what China will do for the North Koreans. This way both China and the US can just watch it unfold without putting our soldiers in harms way?

biffman 11-26-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucky cheese (Post 894814)
I totally agree with both of your posts. But I feel The world leaders we have now cannot make rational decisions. Someone may get backed into a corner. I don't think we have world opinion on our side right now. All this is conjecture though we shall see if our noble leader will bow his way out of this one.


Wait a second here...I thought that once Obama was elected that everybody would start singing kumbaya, the world would finally love us and that all of our former enemies would see that America wasn't so evil after all because we finally saw the light and elected one of them as president. I think that these recent attempts at terror strikes in the US, issues with North Korea, China, Russia, Iran, and continued economic problems, must all be an illusion perpetrated by those crazy Tea Party people. I think in Barry's world everything is ok, and that we all eat butterflies and poop rainbows.

daggo66 11-26-2010 11:13 AM

Didn't Obama say h was going to set up a meeting with the North Koreans and discuss everything?

daggo66 11-26-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Sinister (Post 894832)
Let the "world as we know it" come to an end, maybe we'll be better off. i can hunt, fish and live off the land if needed. i personally feel were too far gone to save. bring it on.

If there was a nuclear war, there wouldn't be any game to hunt or fish to eat.

daggo66 11-26-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wally Meyers (Post 894752)
:wavey: For years there has been plenty of talk about the world as we know it ending in 2012. We may kick their ass, but in doing so, we may kick our own at the same time.

Someone discovered a flaw in the way the Mayan calendar was calculated. It turns out there is a margin of error of +/- 30 years. It either ends sometime in the next 32 years or it ended 28 years ago. Most of the evidence I see around me points to the latter.

Havok 11-26-2010 11:39 AM

Yeah lets go to war with N. Korea we could smash them real quick like, but wait then China will be all hey you can't do that and start trying to smack us around, and then we'd be all like oh yeah you want some too china well how about this, then russia will be all like hey comrad whats going on?? oh crap America is messing with my bro and then they'd try and jump us in the school yard, and we'd be all like yo briton bring your peeps so we can handle these yahoos and briton would be all like no way homie I don't want to start messin with these guys cause they are my neighbors and we'd be all like aw man whatever we can take them then iran would be like yo America has it's back to us lets get in some cheap shots and everyone else who hangs out with iran would be like heck yeah dude lets rock. in the end picking a fight with north K would be a bad idea at this time because our resources are tapped with the war in Afgan and Iraq. as long as no US troops or citizens where harmed in this conflict we will sit back and let Mr. superstar make all the threats he wants just like we did when russia went after georgia.

chucky cheese 11-26-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 894968)
Someone discovered a flaw in the way the Mayan calendar was calculated. It turns out there is a margin of error of +/- 30 years. It either ends sometime in the next 32 years or it ended 28 years ago. Most of the evidence I see around me points to the latter.

Bravo! Thats nailing it! Deep thinker are you.

chucky cheese 11-26-2010 01:50 PM

On the bright side if China blows us up we don"t have to pay our billions in debt to them.

Hawaii 5-0 11-26-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castorj29 (Post 894769)
I see a bad moon arising.......better start stocking up on supplies and ammo

Supplies and ammo will always hold value, unlike our currency.

MattD 11-26-2010 02:20 PM

I'll weigh in with my 2 cents that is worth a penny in this economy.

This was a 1-time show of strength by N. Korea leadership due to the power struggle now taking place since Kim Jong Il is passing power to his *second born* 27-year-old son, Kim Jong Un. N.K. doesn't really want a war and China certainly won't let it go that far. I suspect N.K. will use the incident as a bargaining chip when its' nuclear facilities are brought before the U.N.

China backs N.K. with aid. Not only military, but economic aid, as well. We (the U.S.) is in debt to China for something like $800 Billion (with a "B"). They have us by the short hairs and if they want to continue being paid and improving their economy, which our payments + interest provides, then they want peace above all else. Likely China has already told N. Korea it doesn't mind the verbal threats, but don't fire any more rounds into S.K. Though China won't cut off aid to N.K. completely, it can make life for them more difficult than it already is, if they don't listen to Peking.

Saber rattling from here on.

castorj29 11-26-2010 04:13 PM

All North Korea is doing is black mailing everyone for money to build up there military. I say,lets send the money via missile to there capital.

chucky cheese 11-26-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castorj29 (Post 895317)
All North Korea is doing is black mailing everyone for money to build up there military. I say,lets send the money via missile to there capital.

Then they will become the victim. We will be the bully. We know we can take them out but the repercussions will be set against us. Like a bully beating a retard.

castorj29 11-26-2010 04:59 PM

Sounds like we are screwed!!!!

ajorosa 11-26-2010 05:35 PM

And then we could put all out manufacturing back in the U.S.A.

coolbreeze 11-26-2010 05:39 PM

China will allow NK to act up as long as it serves China somehow.

When NK's actions affect China's bottom line, the problem child will be put on "time out".

MacArthur wanted to solve the problem, but concern for what Russia would do nixed the solution and got him fired.

Believe it or not, there is still much concern over the Russian reaction to the Chinese response to The United States stepping on NK like the cockroach they are.

KeeblerKO 11-26-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucky cheese (Post 895336)
Like a bully beating a retard.

Or a retard beating a bully....

And I didn't turn that around to say that N. Korea would win. ;)

kg4kpg 11-26-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotNC (Post 894758)
The Chinese have a marginal Navy. It takes a strong naval force to take on the U.S. The latest aircraft in the Chinese inventory is the MiG-29, which ANY aircraft in the U.S. arsenal can take out easily.

Everyone talks about the "large" Chinese Army. It takes food and other provisions to keep that large a force going too. They do well to maintain them, and their population as well. Destroy their food and supplies, and the Chinese Army is nothing but a paper tiger.

....

I don't know about their navy but according to newsmax "China has already purchased 78 Su-27SK/UBK fighters and 76 Su-30MKK fighters from Russia, and is building 200 more Flanker jets under license from Sukhoi. The PLA Naval Air Corps will also deploy the latest batch of Su-30MK2 fighters."
The report also discussed how Indian Su-30's were outflying F-15's and getting missile lock first. As for their army, maybe not as advanced as ours but an endless supply of bodies with no regard for the Geneva Convention, collateral damage, or their own lives will be something to worry about on the battlefield. We probably won't ever see Chinese troops on our soil but if we have to tangle with them on asian soil, it won't be pretty.

As for N. Korea, it's a gamble to deal with them and their Chinese puppet handlers but I'm fine with whatever we do, my weapons lubed and ruck is always packed.

PatriotNC 11-26-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucky cheese (Post 894814)
I totally agree with both of your posts. But I feel The world leaders we have now cannot make rational decisions. Someone may get backed into a corner. I don't think we have world opinion on our side right now. All this is conjecture though we shall see if our noble leader will bow his way out of this one.

If we know what's best for us........we'll go back to not worrying about what the world thinks of us, and worry about being a strong, powerful nation, like we used to be. This idiot in the White House thinks we need to surrender our wealth and power, so we'll be on a level playing field with the rest of the Banana Republics of the world. That's not how to run a superpower.

PatriotNC 11-26-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kg4kpg (Post 895613)
I don't know about their navy but according to newsmax "China has already purchased 78 Su-27SK/UBK fighters and 76 Su-30MKK fighters from Russia, and is building 200 more Flanker jets under license from Sukhoi. The PLA Naval Air Corps will also deploy the latest batch of Su-30MK2 fighters."
The report also discussed how Indian Su-30's were outflying F-15's and getting missile lock first. As for their army, maybe not as advanced as ours but an endless supply of bodies with no regard for the Geneva Convention, collateral damage, or their own lives will be something to worry about on the battlefield. We probably won't ever see Chinese troops on our soil but if we have to tangle with them on asian soil, it won't be pretty.

As for N. Korea, it's a gamble to deal with them and their Chinese puppet handlers but I'm fine with whatever we do, my weapons lubed and ruck is always packed.

If we sent troops to China, that would be foolhardy. We could defeat their Navy, put the entire country on blockade, destroy their resources, and they'd starve to death. As Napoleon said, "An army moves on it's belly." So, unless the Chinks could swim to the U.S. to fight us, I don't see them doing us much damage. And they'd be extremely stupid to fire nukes, because that too, would result in their annihilation. We just need to be the bulldog country we used to be, and stop letting these little dictators have their moments of glory.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.