Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2011 Wrangler keeps stalling after starting... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2011-wrangler-keeps-stalling-after-starting-70230.html)

JEEP-RI 11-26-2010 08:43 PM

2011 Wrangler keeps stalling after starting...

I have a 2011 Wrangler Unlimited automatic that continues to stall after I start it. It will run for 3-5 secs then just stall out,no knocking or pinging just turn off.Does this once or twice a week.No check engine light comes on. Its also not low on fuel or parked on an angle. I do have a date for service dept. but just looking for some help here.Thanks for your time.

2011 Wrangler Unlimited
Silver
275/70/18 Firestone Destination M/T

daggo66 11-26-2010 08:52 PM

I have not heard of others with this problem. You might be doing someone else a big service however if you report back to us what the dealer discovers is wrong.

SLIM_SNOOPY 11-26-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEP-RI (Post 895615)
I have a 2011 Wrangler Unlimited automatic that continues to stall after I start it. It will run for 3-5 secs then just stall out,no knocking or pinging just turn off.Does this once or twice a week.No check engine light comes on. Its also not low on fuel or parked on an angle. I do have date for service dept. but just looking for some help here.Thanks for your time.

2011 Wrangler Unlimited
Silver
275/70/18 Firestone Destination M/T

Sorry to hear about the new 2011 issue. Don't know how soon your service date is, but if you have more than a day, you might want to have one of the auto stores like Pep Boys or Autozone, etc , check your computer for any pending codes. Eventhough you do not have any dummy lights on your dash , you can still have codes logged in the OBD-II computer. In order for the dummy light and or lights to come on, the vehicles' computer must see the exact promblem twice in identical parameters, for instance,, if your issue happens more than once " as you mentioned " at different alttiudes or temperatures , etc there will be codes logged in but were all at different parameters, therefore no dummy lights. If you need any codes definitions , post your codes on this thread.

Hope it is something simple, Jeeps are awsome vehicles. They have their little qwerks , but it is worth it in the long run.

GOOD LUCK !!!!!

JDsDream 11-26-2010 09:14 PM

Do you have the Sentry System? That is exactly what will happen if your key is not programmed or if the computer does not recognize the chip. I don't have any idea why it would be intermittant but just a thought.

chucky cheese 11-27-2010 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDsDream (Post 895654)
Do you have the Sentry System? That is exactly what will happen if your key is not programmed or if the computer does not recognize the chip. I don't have any idea why it would be intermittant but just a thought.

Good call. That was my thoughts also.

Dogzilla 11-27-2010 04:57 PM

Are you using the SAME key each time you try to start it?

Littleyellow 11-28-2010 11:07 AM

Take it back its a 2011 there shouldnt be any problems with it. When you get to the dealer make a big deal how it was such an inconviemce that it dint workcorrectly

JEEP-RI 11-28-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogzilla (Post 896677)
Are you using the SAME key each time you try to start it?

Yup same key each time. No alarm system or remote starter. Going thurs to dealer.

Also just put on my new tires....some rubbing but spacers are coming.