Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Cold air under dash! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/cold-air-under-dash-71496.html)

Riviera 12-08-2010 11:26 AM

Cold air under dash!

Hello, I noticed last winter some cold air coming under the dash of my 2007 Jeep Wrangler, only when we were turning. This winter it's doing it most of the time (straight road and turn). The heater is working well but there's some cold air (the side of the door) in front driver and passenger side. The heater is shooting hot air on the console side, but cold air is coming on the door side. Can somebody help me trying to find the problem? Thanks!

jebby 12-08-2010 04:19 PM

take off doors and roof... put on ski gear.... nuff said

JIMBOX 12-08-2010 04:40 PM

;) Have you had the doors off ?
Have you modified the dash side panels ?
Have you opened the upper firewall "thru passage holes ?
Have you opened any of the drivers side firewall 2" access holes ?
Have you modified the front door hinges-atall ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riviera (Post 913741)
Hello, I noticed last winter some cold air coming under the dash of my 2007 Jeep Wrangler, only when we were turning. This winter it's doing it most of the time (straight road and turn). The heater is working well but there's some cold air (the side of the door) in front driver and passenger side. The heater is shooting hot air on the console side, but cold air is coming on the door side. Can somebody help me trying to find the problem? Thanks!

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

Riviera 12-09-2010 02:06 PM

No we never took the doors off and we did not modified anything on it. And I beleive that they were never taken off before we bought the Jeep last year because the pins on the hinges are still there. The only modification we did is put the soft top for the summer and put back the hard top for the winter. Nothing else.

JIMBOX 12-09-2010 02:18 PM

:D If you can hear a faint whistling sound, or the hardtop leaks in front, then you may not have the freedom (T) tops seated all the way and that can channel cold air down along the front of the doors !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riviera (Post 915753)
No we never took the doors off and we did not modified anything on it. And I beleive that they were never taken off before we bought the Jeep last year because the pins on the hinges are still there. The only modification we did is put the soft top for the summer and put back the hard top for the winter. Nothing else.

I mention the whistling, because mine did that untill I adjusted the top front door hinges !

Maybe one of the A/C vents/intake tubes has dislodged -

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

Riviera 12-13-2010 06:52 AM

During the weekend, we checked the freedom T top and no air is coming from it while driving on highway and it seems to be in place. Really don't know where the air is coming but it really seams to be coming on the side of the door. ????