Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Where to buy DARK tinted soft top windows? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/where-to-buy-dark-tinted-soft-top-windows-72433.html)

SaharaCon 12-17-2010 01:21 AM

Where to buy DARK tinted soft top windows?

Does anyone know where to buy dark tinted soft top windows? Im looking for something around 10% give or take... front full doors are 20%...
The plastics I have on there now I believe to be 30% but theyre a bit beat up and would like to have some darker ones to drive around town with...
I'd use the old ones to beat on when out on the trails...

I've been looking on a bunch of sites to buy these and I cant find any darker than 30%... heck I cant find anything at all other than clear and 30%...

Anyone know where to buy these??

07 2dr JK Sahara...

Thanks a bunch in advance...

daggo66 12-17-2010 07:52 AM

SOL. Companies only tend to sell things that are legal in most states.

InfernoGirl 12-17-2010 09:13 AM

x2

jp2611 12-17-2010 09:40 AM

Understand where you are headed-but that dark of tint in a "box" when driving at night is really bad. Speaking from experience my '94 hardtop had "limo" tint on all windows-windshield was not that dark but about 30-35% Couldn't see in the mirrors and dim headlights on other cars were non existent. I changed to a more usable tint after about a month. Yeah it looked great black on black on black-with windows blacked out-but wasn't a show vehicle I wanted to drive it SAFELY!

Geoff@Bestop 12-17-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 929362)
SOL. Companies only tend to sell things that are legal in most states.

X3. Unlike glass windows, we can't apply a tint film after the fact - it needs to be manufactured into the vinyl. So we can't adjust tint levels for various states. Places like Nevada and Arizona prefer - and allow - a much darker tint than Washington and Maine.*

*I'm just guessing at the States to make the point, I don't actually keep track of individual laws

SaharaCon 12-17-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp2611
Understand where you are headed-but that dark of tint in a "box" when driving at night is really bad. Speaking from experience my '94 hardtop had "limo" tint on all windows-windshield was not that dark but about 30-35% Couldn't see in the mirrors and dim headlights on other cars were non existent. I changed to a more usable tint after about a month. Yeah it looked great black on black on black-with windows blacked out-but wasn't a show vehicle I wanted to drive it SAFELY!

Ya i agree, thats why Im only looking to tint the back windown daeker... Front is staying 20%... N im not doing the windshield...
My last car had 3% all around and 10% on the windshield... To put that in perspective, limo is 5%... so im used to the dark dark windows...
Also, ill still have my original plastics incase i dont like it...

ncossey 12-17-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop

X3. Unlike glass windows, we can't apply a tint film after the fact - it needs to be manufactured into the vinyl. So we can't adjust tint levels for various states. Places like Nevada and Arizona prefer - and allow - a much darker tint than Washington and Maine.*

*I'm just guessing at the States to make the point, I don't actually keep track of individual laws

Ive been to maine once, i wasnt a huge fan.