Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Warn Power plant HP Winch (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/warn-power-plant-hp-winch-72701.html)

Tjeep 12-19-2010 04:56 PM

Warn Power plant HP Winch

Alright,
So does anybody have any knowledge on this winch. The things i like a are first off its made warn, secondly it has 9.5 pulling capacity, thirdly it say you can air up four 35's in under 8 minutes. (it says with built in air tank and intercooler?? What's that mean??) Anyody have anything to say about this winch. If you've ran it did you like it? How long did it last? (or how long have you had it)
Just the basic questions.

Thanks,
Tom

Jerry Bransford 12-19-2010 05:13 PM

I love Warn, they make great winches. That said, I wouldn't run their Power Plant on a Wrangler TJ. The Power Plant is positively HUGE, too big and heavy for a TJ in my personal opinion. Not only that but you have two crucial pieces of equipment that would both be lost if there was any kind of a problem. I will always keep my winch and air compressor totally separate from each other.

Take a look at Warn's 9.5XP if you're already up in that dollar range. By far, it's the best of Warn's current TJ-size winch offerings and is also the fastest they have going under load. After my '97 TJ was stolen with its Warn HS-9500i winch was stolen, I went with the 9.5XP for my replacement Jeep and it's a really nice winch. Plus its specs are pretty darned good. :)

Tjeep 12-20-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
I love Warn, they make great winches. That said, I wouldn't run their Power Plant on a Wrangler TJ. The Power Plant is positively HUGE, too big and heavy for a TJ in my personal opinion. Not only that but you have two crucial pieces of equipment that would both be lost if there was any kind of a problem. I will always keep my winch and air compressor totally separate from each other.

Take a look at Warn's 9.5XP if you're already up in that dollar range. By far, it's the best of Warn's current TJ-size winch offerings and is also the fastest they have going under load. After my '97 TJ was stolen with its Warn HS-9500i winch was stolen, I went with the 9.5XP for my replacement Jeep and it's a really nice winch. Plus its specs are pretty darned good. :)

Thanks

What air compressor thing do you have???

Jerry Bransford 12-20-2010 10:24 AM

I had a york powered on board air compressor in my last jeep that was stolen. I now use a C02 to fill up my tires but I liked my York compressor better.

Tjeep 12-20-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

I had a york powered on board air compressor in my last jeep that was stolen. I now use a C02 to fill up my tires but I liked my York compressor better.

ok ill do some research on that. York on board air compressor. How long did itbtake for you to fill up your tires. What tire size??

Tjeep 12-20-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Not saying your wrong but the powerplant hp is only 13 pounds more than the 9.5 XP so what's the difference?????

Jerry Bransford 12-20-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjeep (Post 935257)
ok ill do some research on that. York on board air compressor. How long did itbtake for you to fill up your tires. What tire size??

Slightly under 5 minutes to refill four 35x12.50 tires from 7-8 psi to 26, a York F210 compressor is very fast.

Jerry Bransford 12-20-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjeep (Post 936407)
Not saying your wrong but the powerplant hp is only 13 pounds more than the 9.5 XP so what's the difference?????

That just turns a heavy winch into an excessively heavy and massively oversized winch that is more at home on a bigger truck.

Tjeep 12-21-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Slightly under 5 minutes to refill four 35x12.50 tires from 7-8 psi to 26, a York F210 compressor is very fast.

Now is that all I need or is there other stuff that goes along eith it? Tanks or stuff like that??

bobjenkins 12-21-2010 11:21 PM

Remember guys even milk has an expiration date.

And jerry I've been meaning to ask did you have full coverage when your jeep was stolen?