Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Stock Wheels (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/stock-wheels-72862.html)

Decepticon 12-20-2010 09:51 PM

Stock Wheels

Just got my 2011 Unlimited Sport with Goodyear Wrangler stock wheels (255/75/17) and would like to get more "agressive" looking AT wheels without sacraficing too much MPG. I am also thinking about installing 1-2" lift. I don't do too much off-roadin but plan to get it dirty once in a while. Any suggestions? And of course I plan to get black rims too :)

ESP 12-20-2010 10:00 PM

Welcome to WF. The search option is a very useful tool.

MikeMTJ 12-20-2010 10:10 PM

All-Terrain T/A KO | BFGoodrich Tires

MTH 12-20-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP123

Dude, did you just give him the "talk-to-the-hand-go-and-search" answer?? At least toss him an web address for one of your preferred tire or wheel sites!

Seriously though--the question has A LOT of answers. I'd recommend reading the forum for a while, looking at pics of other people's Jeeps, and just generally hanging around for a while. You'll start seeing things you like and things you don't. From there, you'll be able to ask more specific questions.

Just my two cents.

daedalus 12-20-2010 10:49 PM

My suggestion is to drive it for a while as it is, before you start thinking about spending hundreds if not thousands on mods to a brand new vehicle.

Put on some miles, look around this forum and others, then decide if you really want to modify anything. If you do decide to mod, you'll have a much better idea of what and how.

And congrats on the new Jeep.

ESP 12-20-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTH (Post 936379)
Dude, did you just give him the "talk-to-the-hand-go-and-search" answer?? At least toss him an web address for one of your preferred tire or wheel sites!

Seriously though--the question has A LOT of answers. I'd recommend reading the forum for a while, looking at pics of other people's Jeeps, and just generally hanging around for a while. You'll start seeing things you like and things you don't. From there, you'll be able to ask more specific questions.

Just my two cents.

Try the search option at the top of the page for reviews and comparisons of lots of wheel/tires. ;)

jeffk42 12-21-2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daedalus (Post 936515)
My suggestion is to drive it for a while as it is, before you start thinking about spending hundreds if not thousands on mods to a brand new vehicle.

Put on some miles, look around this forum and others, then decide if you really want to modify anything. If you do decide to mod, you'll have a much better idea of what and how.

And congrats on the new Jeep.

I'll second this. Your wallet will be much happier if you wait a bit. The stock Jeep is already great at general off-road environments right off the lot. It would be smart to do some playing around in the dirt first, and over time you may start to see areas that you want to improve, which you can then focus on, rather than throwing money in every direction right away. :)

Then again, you didn't ask for financial advice. But I still have stock everything (except rocker guards) and can't say anything about aftermarket tires. :redface:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESP123

Stop that. :bottom:

ESP 12-21-2010 07:41 AM

:firedevil:

InfernoGirl 12-21-2010 09:05 AM

Welcome to the wonderful world of Jeepin' :) First, learn the terminology, it will lead to much greater success in your modding and shopping for mods. Wheels are the metal things that the TIRES go on. Tires are rubber and are what you are asking about. If you go looking for aggressive wheels you are going to have trouble finding what you are looking for. The rims you refer to, would be the wheels.

priell3 12-21-2010 10:03 AM

I put 255/75/17 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10s on my stock wheels last winter.
They are wearing great after two rotations. Got them cheap at Pep Boys.
Pep Boys - Tire Details

http://i39.tinypic.com/dqm9gp.jpg