Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF New Member Check In (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/)
-   -   New from Maryland (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/new-from-maryland-729.html)

racer-xerols 12-05-2005 10:32 AM

New from Maryland

Hi all, just got a 92 YJ 4.0 HO and planning to have some fun with it! I used to work for a Jeep dealer and I'm a big Mopar guy, but this is the first Wrangler I've owned. I'm familiar with the platform, but this is the first one I have had to play with :) It's bone stock right now, I'm sure that'll change...and we're waiting on the first snowstorm of the season as I type this so I'm sure I won't get any sleep tonight 'cause I'll be out playing!

Anyway, glad to be here. You can find me also on www.turbododge.com under the same username if you play with the Mopar 2.2 / 2.5 turbo cars (fun and fast, but boost isn't so good in snow!) and on the Mopar Mailing List (mml.org, I think).

Joe
Frederick MD, USA
72 Satellite wagon bracket car 360/4v 13.49@109mph
86 GLHS, 87 CSX, 89 CSX-VNT, 90 Daytona VNT
91 Daytona Competition Package, 91 Spirit R/T
92 YJ 4.0 / 5 speed / soft top / half doors
05 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 610/auto (the workhorse!)

jeeptales 12-05-2005 10:49 AM

Road Trip!!!

Time to sign your Jeep up for a Jeep Jamboree!

Now you need to break that bad boy in right.

khenderson 12-05-2005 11:09 AM

welcome aboard Joe and cograts on the new addition to your vehicle line-up(which seems quite long)!!

amerijeep 12-05-2005 08:19 PM

Welcome Joe. I for one, would love to hear more about what you have there.

daddyjeep 12-06-2005 10:00 PM

Welcome aboard Joe. You will learn quickly when you play in the snow that Jeeps will come around on you very quickly with the short wheelbase. Take it easy for a while until you get a feel for it. You don't want to smash up your new toy.

racer-xerols 12-07-2005 05:45 PM

Oh, I've discovered that already in the rain. Doesn't help that the tires are...well, they're bald. Buying it from an inspector helped, it "passed" so I could tag it, LOL. But back in the day when the 72 Satellite wagon was the only car, I was driving it past morons with their 4x4s stuck in the ditch. Actually made some good money pulling Bronco IIs out! Of course, it helps that I grew up (pre-license) watching the Dukes of Hazzard and post-license driving rear-drive cars (Cutlasses, then Mopars) - I learned how to drive tail-out the right way...if there is a "right" way, that is :) Nice thing about the jeep versus the wagon is, the YJ will fit in its lane sideways - the wagon takes 2-1/2!

hmenker 12-07-2005 10:24 PM

Welcome!

Welcome, Joe! It's great to add another Marylander to the forum. I live in Garrett County (Deep Creek Lake) and we get between 100"-250" of snow each winter. What a great opportunity to "test" the limits of a Wrangler up here in the mountains. We've had about 30" to date and expecting 10" tomorrow night. For the other 3 seasons, we've a bunch of off-road trails in the county at all different levels. If you ever want to check out the 4x4 offroad opportunities up here, drop a note and we'll pass along the maps and info.