Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   New Jeep Magazine (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/new-jeep-magazine-731.html)

sicnik 12-05-2005 01:37 PM

New Jeep Magazine

FYI: there is a new Jeep magazine out at www.jrations.com if you are interested check it out. I ordered my copy two days ago Ill let you know what its like when I get it in. Let me know what you think of the site.

Thanks
Nick

amerijeep 12-05-2005 08:22 PM

Let us know. I won't read the popular rag until they get a new editor and some new writers. Get it back to the mag I used to enjoy.

sicnik 12-06-2005 08:02 AM

Jrations is brought to us by the people who started JP years ago, they are going to go back to old school jeeping, like the in the mag we used to love.

sicnik 12-06-2005 08:06 PM

So anyone check this out yet? I was wondering what your impression is....

amerijeep 12-06-2005 08:16 PM

I have been checkin it. Looks pretty good, what I have seen so far. I'm thinking about picking up the first issue. I haven't had a chance to throughly go through the site yet.

khenderson 12-07-2005 12:00 AM

i like the looks of the site. pretty user-friendly, which is always a plus. it's all looking good....may have to order me a copy of that.

hmenker 12-07-2005 11:08 PM

Thanks!

Hey, Nick! Thanks for the referral to the "Jrations" site. It certainly looks good. I took your advice and placed an order. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

hmenker 12-16-2005 10:42 PM

Received my copy of the first edition today and am very impressed. These guys have done an outstanding job with both the magazine and the accompanying CD. I encourage anyone who is a Jeep enthusiast to check this one out. Nick, thanks for putting us on to this new publication!

amerijeep 12-28-2005 12:01 PM

I was kinda interested in this, but the preview shows to be very TJ heavy and not much on anything else. Nothing wrong with the TJ, but I was hoping for wider scope. Anybody got this yet and what do you think of it? Anybody on here affiliated?

Rticul8 01-05-2006 02:18 PM

Hi amerijeep! I'm affiliated with J Rations. My name is Lisa and I work on J Rations all day, all night, every day, awake and asleep.

I wanted to address your concerns about the first issue being too TJ oriented. Standard Issue 1 has articles (static and/or multimedia) on the following models:

Tech Q&A: CJ-5, YJ, ’78 CJ, TJ
Tech/History Q&A: ’49 Willys pickup, ’72 CJ, CJ-6, CJ-2A, CJ-3A

Model-Specific Features:
CJ manual-locking hubs
Huge retrospective on the pre-standardized and prototype jeeps (part 1)
CJ-5 feature rig
TJ budget lift
FSJ brake swap

Generic Features:
How to do a lube job
Aftermarket performance upgrades
IPF lighting installation
Power upgrades

And that's only the tech. All in all, our first issue focuses pretty broadly on the mix of models. We can't address all of them in a single issue, but over the long haul, you'll see that no one is excluded, not even the XJs and ZJs.

If you're interested in readers' comments on SI1, you can read some of them here:

http://jweb.jrations.com/backtalk.php

If I can answer any questions, please let 'em fly. In the meantime, I hope you'll give us a try.

Lisa

amerijeep 01-05-2006 10:14 PM

You talked me into it. I'm going to take time to order this weekend. It does look good. It's got to be better than that other one.

I'm glad you popped into WF, Riticul8. Hope you stop by here often.

Gussdog 01-06-2006 12:47 AM

Mag

I got the first issue of the mag. a little pricy for the size of the issue, although it did have a CD with it , that was neat.

amerijeep 01-06-2006 08:10 AM

The disc doesn't appeal to me. I prefer paper I guess. Possibly, it has too much info to print. I won't usually bother with an online mag either. Maybe it's just me.

sicnik 01-06-2006 10:09 AM

Actually the disk is very informative a nice addition to the mag. It is a little annoying at first until you discover the compass (lower right) it gets you in and out of different sections, kind of like a " go back" button. The mag is a little thin for the price but I understand why, Jrations is new and just getting off the ground, if we want it to work we need to pitch in and support it so the price will come down. Its that or renew the other subscription..... (just my two pennies)

Nick

deverhart 01-06-2006 11:00 AM

I have inquired about advertising rates :-)

amerijeep 01-06-2006 11:04 AM

I'm going to check it out. I can't subscribe to the other one. It seems to be a little toy for two people on the staff and no one else is invited....

deverhart 01-06-2006 11:13 AM

what other one?

1BLKJP 01-06-2006 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deverhart
what other one?

He's probably talking about JP.

Jepper what's ya got against them? They do some interesting things to their junk. They also usually have a pretty good product showing also on there. I have found a lot of vendors to work with from their mag.

Seems like they've started using girls more in the last year (Like the Ask Bree Three thing), but that doesn't bother me. I usually browse it and if there is something to read I continue if not, then I move on.

amerijeep 01-06-2006 11:20 AM

jp...

stu 01-12-2006 04:15 PM

http://jeepaction.com.au/

our local jeep mag......they export too.

(the back, flipside is "offroad mag" which it about the 4x4 sporting scene in aus. its talks of all 4B models and will be its own mag once it get bigger....so you get two for one....but in the same mag)

Rticul8 01-14-2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

I'm glad you popped into WF, Riticul8. Hope you stop by here often.
Thanks, amerijeep, for your kind words.

As far as J Rations' CD and price, we're keeping all ears to the ground to determine what the majority of enthusiasts really want. It's challenging because we're getting a wide variety of opinions.

In the end, we're continuing to work to make J Rations the magazine that the broad spectrum of jeepers can use, enjoy and afford. As it gains support from the community, the price will come down.

Please feel free to post your feedback on the J Rations forums:

http://forums.jrations.com/index.php

That would make it easier for us to hear what you guys are saying and it will expand the discussion among the people in the J Rats forums. Besides, it's a long walk around the world wide web seeking out everybody's opinion. :)

Thanks again.

amerijeep 10-10-2006 10:33 AM

It's been awhile, but I want to post up.

This magazine is sooo much better than JP. Jrations is as well thought out, informative, and thoughtful as JP is immature, spiteful, and self-serving.

I've waited awhile to pass judgement, but this magazine is really geared for the readers and no the editor and his cronies like at that other one.

I highly recommend the magazine. And no, I am not affiliated with them in. I just know a better magazine when I see it.

Griz 10-10-2006 12:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I have not seen this mag at the news stand. Is it sub only? I want to check it out. Griz

mrbigjeep 10-10-2006 01:50 PM

same here...i'll check out the site and may have to order it

amerijeep 10-10-2006 08:32 PM

I'm not sure if it is normally on news stands. I found it at Barnes and Noble. I am really impressed with the mag. I know you can subscribe. There is a link to the site at the start of this thread.

This thing is so far above and beyond JP.

Griz 10-11-2006 01:17 PM

I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday after work and found a copy. I like what I have seen and will be sending in my sub and an order for the back issues. Griz

amerijeep 10-11-2006 07:20 PM

Let me know what you think. I really think it is way better than JP, but I might be prejudiced. I hate JP.

Griz 10-12-2006 10:20 AM

Way better than JP. I have bought 3 issues of JP because I thought it was the only Jeep Mag out there. I have just the one issue of Jrations so far and have more usfull infro from it than all 3 of the others. I'm Sold! Griz

chasm 10-12-2006 01:31 PM

Okay, time for my 2 cents! I found out about WF through Amerijeep's post over at J-rats.

Folks, you have to check out this new Jeep Magazine! Believe me, you will be glad you did. I had the pleasure of meeting the Editor at the 2006 PA Jeeps Show back in July. I spoke with him about Jrations and my concerns about the other oft cited Jeep mag that many of us have grown to dislike. I must tell you, Jrations has exceeded my expectations with regard to the diversity of Jeep vehicles and topics covered. Additionally, the writing and photography are excellent!

This mag is loaded with useful information for experienced and novice Jeepers alike.

No, I don't work for J-rations, but if they need a part time Middle Atlantic region staffer, I hope they give me a call! Treat yourself to a copy of Jrations and I bet you will become a subscriber like me!:D

amerijeep 10-12-2006 03:18 PM

Sounds like a testimonial if I ever heard one. And, I think this mag is sooo much better than jp.