Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   RE Track Bars (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/re-track-bars-73247.html)

Chanch0 12-24-2010 06:50 PM

RE Track Bars
 
I'm looking for front and rear adjustable track bars. I went to RE's website and it looks like they have the 1600, 1610 and 1620. Here's where I get confused.

I am lifting my rig 3.25".

1600 Adjustable Front Track Bar works with 3.5"-4.5" of lift.

1610 Extreme Duty Adjustable Front Bar works with 4.5"-7.5" of lift

1630 Adjustable rear track bar works with 4"-7" of lift.

You also have to use some sort of bracket with these track bars. I thought that have an adjustable track bar meant that you eliminated the need for a bracket.

UnlimitedLJ04 12-24-2010 09:57 PM

don't buy an RE track bar. complete crap.

Get a Currie TJS model, and make sure to add 2" front bumpstop extensions. Every aftermarket track bar out there will require even more bumpstop to prevent hitting the diff cover.

tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - JeepForum.com

AzTJ 12-24-2010 10:45 PM

Yeah, go with the JKS/Currie one... But not the one with the drop bracket, thats unnecessary at only 3" of lift.

Chanch0 12-24-2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnlimitedLJ04 (Post 943663)
don't buy an RE track bar. complete crap.

Get a Currie TJS model, and make sure to add 2" front bumpstop extensions. Every aftermarket track bar out there will require even more bumpstop to prevent hitting the diff cover.

tj front adjustable track bars for 0-3.5", does yours hit or fit? - JeepForum.com

Will do!! Thanks for your advice.

Chanch0 12-24-2010 11:09 PM

So 2" front bumpstop extensions will be required for both JKS and Currie?

UnlimitedLJ04 12-25-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chanch0 (Post 943783)
So 2" front bumpstop extensions will be required for both JKS and Currie?

Currie requires 2"...you can stretch that 1.5" on stock length arms (15.75" eye to eye), if you run the stock diff cover and don't mind the track bar rubbing paint off it. JKS requires even more.

Chanch0 12-25-2010 01:47 PM

Any particular brand of bumpstop? I've seen aluminum adjustable bumpstops on JKS website. Will I need bumpstop extensions for the front and rear track bars?

I'm seriously considering the JKS front and rear adjustable track bars.

UnlimitedLJ04 12-25-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chanch0 (Post 944488)
Any particular brand of bumpstop? I've seen aluminum adjustable bumpstops on JKS website. Will I need bumpstop extensions for the front and rear track bars?

I'm seriously considering the JKS front and rear adjustable track bars.

there is no reason to buy the JKS bumpstops. they're nice and cool, but drastically overpriced. if you buy they're front track bar, you might as well get 3" bumpstop extensions and kiss your uptravel goodbye. Like I said, buy the Currie...its the best choice.

check out Performance Accessories, or Rubicon Express for cheap bumpstop extensions. PA body mounts would good. Or heck, epoxy some hockey pucks down to the spring pad.

the rear is going to depend on your shock length. yes you will need bumpstop, but the amount will be determined by shock length most likely.

Chanch0 12-25-2010 08:18 PM

I'm a little confused about your bump stop statement. What do the bump stops in the suspension's coil spring have to do with the track bar hitting the diff. cover? Thanks for the explanation.

UnlimitedLJ04 12-25-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chanch0 (Post 944956)
I'm a little confused about your bump stop statement. What do the bump stops in the suspension's coil spring have to do with the track bar hitting the diff. cover? Thanks for the explanation.

You clearly didn't read the link I pointed you to in Post #2. Read that first, in its entirety.

Chanch0 12-25-2010 11:14 PM

You're right, I didn't read a 52 page post on Christmas Day. I asked for a simple explanation is all.

I can get my information elsewhere.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.