Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   1st day with the Rubi + tow strap and snow (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/1st-day-with-the-rubi-tow-strap-and-snow-73581.html)

Lowrollin12 12-27-2010 07:09 PM

1st day with the Rubi + tow strap and snow

Living in the albany area we got dumped on and my 1st snow with the Rubi... I picked up a recovery strap because I figured I would need it when I go offroad or in the winter to pull people out of snow banks.

Pulled out a 2500 Dodge out of a snow bank and a 528i BMW who slid off the road... Was happy how well the Rubi got them both out. I did have a bit of trouble with the big dodge... Plus the new Goodyear 32 inch tires w kevlar did great in the snow.

Lowrollin12 12-28-2010 10:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic

MikeMTJ 12-28-2010 10:43 AM

Sweet!

HyperBuzzin 12-28-2010 08:42 PM

One thing ya might wanna consider, which is what I do any time recovering somebody....
Let them hook up the strap to their vehicle and be sure to tell them if they really want you to pull them out, you're NOT responsible for unexpected circumstances beyond your control (such as parts being torn off)
That way, they can't say it's your fault if something of theirs breaks while pulling.

Ageless Stranger 12-28-2010 08:50 PM

Looks like you might have some radiator airflow issues there. :D Good job pulling out other motorists. :appl:

s3nt3nc3d 12-28-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperBuzzin (Post 951134)
One thing ya might wanna consider, which is what I do any time recovering somebody....
Let them hook up the strap to their vehicle and be sure to tell them if they really want you to pull them out, you're NOT responsible for unexpected circumstances beyond your control (such as parts being torn off)
That way, they can't say it's your fault if something of theirs breaks while pulling.

Yup...although I'd personally print off a few waivers just stating that they agree not to hold you responsible for any damage to vehicles during recovery. A verbal agreement can easily turn into your word against theirs in court.

While I love to help people out...helping pull vehicles out of ditches can be a very hairy situation due to the risk of damaging vehicles and really should be left to those who have insurance specifically for that kind of work. Too many people out there have no problem screwing you over for helping them out...

Lowrollin12 12-29-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperBuzzin (Post 951134)

Good point! I will keep that in mind.