Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   suspension lift + body lift/coil spacers (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/suspension-lift-body-lift-coil-spacers-73910.html)

TJe0454 12-30-2010 12:20 PM

suspension lift + body lift/coil spacers
 
anyone have a 3.5-4" suspension lift and a 1-2" body lift/coil spacer lift? im trying to see some pix. and yes i do know that an sye is necessary for coil spacers

jeepjones 12-30-2010 12:26 PM

An SYE isn't necessary for coil spacers. They should be used with suspension lift's 4.5" and higher.

UnlimitedLJ04 12-30-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJe0454 (Post 954366)
anyone have a 3.5-4" suspension lift and a 1-2" body lift/coil spacer lift? im trying to see some pix. and yes i do know that an sye is necessary for coil spacers

what do you want - a 4" lift? or 1" BL? or a coil spacer lift? They are very different things.

Once you go over 3" of lift, you really get into SYE territory. Coil spacers lifts only go up to 2.25", and most times you need to do a small t-case drop to eliminate vibes with that height.

1" BL is a body lift...it lifts the body away from the frame.

You can combine a 4" lift with a 1" BL, to clear 35s (assuming you've done everything else like bumpstops, shocks, brakes, steering, etc, etc). This is expensive, but works well.

Or you can combine a 2" spacer lift, with a 1" BL to clear 33s. Which isn't a great way to go, but it's cheap.

Some people combine 4" lift springs with 2" budget boost (coil spacers), but they're morons and don't understand the implications. Don't do that...just buy a 6" lift kit if you want 6" of lift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepjones (Post 954375)
An SYE isn't necessary for coil spacers. They should be used with suspension lift's 3" and higher.

fixed it for you :wavey:

TJe0454 12-30-2010 01:14 PM

i currently have a 4" suspension lift with a tcase drop. im looking into an sye if i go any bigger (in terms of moving the frame away from the axels). i know the differences between a coil spacer and body lift are. there is no driveline angle change with a BL, but there is with a coil spacer. that being said, i am looking into a few more inches of height.

TJe0454 12-30-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJe0454 (Post 954366)
anyone have a 3.5-4" suspension lift and a 1-2" body lift/coil spacer lift? im trying to see some pix. and yes i do know that an sye is necessary for coil spacers (with my existing 4" susp lift)

sorry fixed it

4Jeepn 12-30-2010 01:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
4.5 RE with 2" spacers in front.. 35" tires..

UnlimitedLJ04 12-30-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJe0454 (Post 954468)
that being said, i am looking into a few more inches of height.

then get a JB Conversions Super Short SYE and buy taller springs (6"), bumpstop extensions, long arm kit and longer shocks.

I'd suggest starting at Clayton Off-Road - www.claytonoffroad.com
Maybe Rubicon Express or Skyjacker for the springs, Bilstein for the shocks.

wavebacktothetj 12-30-2010 03:36 PM

Here is what I have 4" pro comp suspension lift and 1" coil spacer lift I got on Ebay for like 30 bucks, I love the set up

TJe0454 12-30-2010 07:35 PM

Wavebacktothetj, do you have an sye kit?

wavebacktothetj 12-30-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJe0454 (Post 955017)
Wavebacktothetj, do you have an sye kit?

Yes I do

TJe0454 12-30-2010 08:18 PM

Looks good. What gears are you running?

s3nt3nc3d 12-30-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnlimitedLJ04 (Post 954396)
what do you want - a 4" lift? or 1" BL? or a coil spacer lift? They are very different things.

Once you go over 3" of lift, you really get into SYE territory. Coil spacers lifts only go up to 2.25", and most times you need to do a small t-case drop to eliminate vibes with that height.

1" BL is a body lift...it lifts the body away from the frame.

You can combine a 4" lift with a 1" BL, to clear 35s (assuming you've done everything else like bumpstops, shocks, brakes, steering, etc, etc). This is expensive, but works well.

Or you can combine a 2" spacer lift, with a 1" BL to clear 33s. Which isn't a great way to go, but it's cheap.

Some people combine 4" lift springs with 2" budget boost (coil spacers), but they're morons and don't understand the implications. Don't do that...just buy a 6" lift kit if you want 6" of lift.


fixed it for you :wavey:

You're the first person I've heard say an SYE may be necessary at 3" of lift or higher (and usually tcase drops aren't necessary at 2" or less)...most folks say it starts to become necessary at 4". I spoke with the folks at Zone Offroad about their 4" lift and they even told me that combined with their provided tcase drop, they haven't heard of anyone having any problems with vibes or having to switch to an SYE or something along those lines.

To whoever said that an SYE isn't necessary with coil spacers, if your spacers are combined with another lift, I'm pretty sure that could put you into SYE territory depending on your particular vehicle and the amount of lift it'll have between the two lifts.

wavebacktothetj 12-30-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJe0454 (Post 955120)
Looks good. What gears are you running?

Thank you:D I just run 3.73 with my 33's I have an automatic transmission and that will work just fine for the meantime


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.