Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   What are you currently reading? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/what-are-you-currently-reading-74460.html)

Ageless Stranger 01-03-2011 05:29 PM

What are you currently reading?

A thread to tell us what you're currently reading. I'll start. I just finished a re-read of Stephen Kings The Stand a few weeks ago. Now, after watching the newest Narnia movie with my nieces, I felt obligated to read The Chronicles in their entirety. I have finished The Magicians Nephew and I'm well into The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Quite a change of pace from King. :zap:

What are you reading?

JDsDream 01-03-2011 05:39 PM

Just finished Ford County by John Grisham

Currently reading: Do the Right Thing by Mike Huckabee
Next up (in no particular order)
Decision Points by George Bush
The Confession by John Grishan
Against Death and Time by Brock Yates

Ageless Stranger 01-03-2011 05:46 PM

I've never heard of Ford County, Julie, but I do have his newest (The Confession) on my shelf. Looking forward to reading it, I have almost as many Grisham books as King. :)

Jp90Talon 01-03-2011 05:50 PM

World War Z by Max Brooks

Up next The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

jkclay 01-03-2011 05:54 PM

Just finished Cell by Stephen King and now reading 1984 by George Orwell.

cavediverjc 01-03-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 962866)
A thread to tell us what you're currently reading. I'll start. I just finished a re-read of Stephen Kings The Stand a few weeks ago. Now, after watching the newest Narnia movie with my nieces, I felt obligated to read The Chronicles in their entirety. I have finished The Magicians Nephew and I'm well into The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Quite a change of pace from King. :zap:

What are you reading?

I'm currently reading Seaplane Operations (ASA flight manual) by Dr. Dale DeRemer

Up next, my annual reading of The Stand by Stephen King. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jp90Talon (Post 962912)

You're reading them in reverse order!!!!!! :D

Ageless Stranger 01-03-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jp90Talon (Post 962912)

I'd like to read the Zombie Survival Guide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkclay (Post 962922)
Just finished Cell by Stephen King and now reading 1984 by George Orwell.

Cell was great! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 962933)
I'm currently reading Seaplane Operations (ASA flight manual) by Dr. Dale DeRemer

Up next, my annual reading of The Stand by Stephen King. :D

Somebody is getting a new rating. :cool:

You don't tell me, I'll F'n tell you. How do you like that happy crappy?

baja 01-03-2011 06:12 PM

I prefer a more intense read,something that will enable me to dive deeper into my passions and open my mind to current events.JP magazine.So there.

cavediverjc 01-03-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 962956)
You don't tell me, I'll F'n tell you. How do you like that happy crappy?

Hahaha........yep. Going for round 8 or 9 in a row, I can't remember which. Overall, I bet I've read The Stand well over a dozen times...... :D

It's my annual reminder of how quickly things can go to Hell in a hurry.....

cavediverjc 01-03-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 962966)
I prefer a more intense read,something that will enable me to dive deeper into my passions and open my mind to current events.JP magazine.So there.

One of my favorite mags! Good taste..... :D

cavediverjc 01-03-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger (Post 962956)
Somebody is getting a new rating. :cool:

I'd planned on getting my Commercial Seaplane rating this summer(2011), but it looks like it's probably going to be next summer(2012). This summer consists of a mountain flying course in Colorado. Don't know if I can swing both courses in the same summer.

Mortalis5509 01-03-2011 06:20 PM

I just finished reading Dave Ramsey new book. Something everyone should read. All credit cards are put up. Almost done paying them off. Jeep, bike, and student loans left to go. I don't have a house but will be paying it in cash when I do. What I have on credit now is it for life.

Currently reading Killer Elite.

Mike_3303 01-03-2011 06:22 PM

Unquenchable by rober glennon, and Born to run by Christopher McDougall

XJ Knight 01-03-2011 06:27 PM

feb 11 fourwheeler

Geoff@Bestop 01-03-2011 06:30 PM

I've been doing non fiction lately.

The Prize by Daniel Yergin is a great look at the history of oil.

The Epic history of the Fur Trade in America is a really interesting look at early explorers, and helps put into context all those early mountain men exploits we've all heard of.

Not, you know, -fun- books. But interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortalis5509 (Post 962988)
I don't have a house but will be paying it in cash when I do.

Not sure even Dave Ramsey is suggesting that you not use credit to buy a house. There are some very solid arguments in favor of using credit for that. But that's in your future. Right now, congratulations on getting it all under control.

InfernoGirl 01-03-2011 06:31 PM

Windows 7 phone manual..........:redface:

J10 01-03-2011 06:36 PM

The Forum :)

Mike_3303 01-03-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J10 (Post 963038)
The Forum :)

:doh:

sonofabeach 01-03-2011 06:49 PM

"Gator A Go-Go" by Tim Dorsey

pakman55 01-03-2011 06:50 PM

Currently reading Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy, and the BS I put up with at school.

Deaf1 01-03-2011 06:57 PM

I am reading a forum asking what I am reading also!!

Hammerwalk 01-03-2011 06:58 PM

Reading "I hope they serve beer in hell" again :-D

Deaf1 01-03-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerwalk
Reading "I hope they serve beer in hell" again :-D

So if they beer there is it warm or HOT?

Hammerwalk 01-03-2011 07:05 PM

The only thing in hell that is cold. Really though, have any of y'all read this? My ribs hurt when I stop reading.

Deaf1 01-03-2011 07:13 PM

Downloaded a sample of the book on my iPhone. Looks like it is a good read. Will finish the sample 90-ish pages.

FalconRods 01-03-2011 07:17 PM

Quick comment before actual response "I hope they serve beer in hell" - that guy is so wild - I have a daughter and he'd be tread waste despite his Havard Education.

Now for my active readings (three actually - depends on mood):

- "Spoken from the Heart" - Laura Bush (heck of a woman folks - crazy about George but she is awesome)
- "Sullivan's Hollow" - Chester Sullivan (met the great-daughter of the main character on a flight to NY - book is based on the Family from Soso, Mississippi - I now better understand the reason they said "don't let the sun go down on you here" Not racial at all - essentially, if you weren't family - you best take the 100 mile detour.
- "Instantly Connect With Anyone" - Liel Lowndes. Good personal development reading but what I have gathered from it is the same thing my Daddy always told us boys: "Never miss an opportunity to shut-up"

Wantok 01-03-2011 07:19 PM

The Fatal Shore. Just about done...it's awesome.

cavediverjc 01-03-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonofabeach (Post 963068)
"Gator A Go-Go" by Tim Dorsey

I've got all of Dorsey's first editions. Most of them are signed too. :punk:

Serge A. Storms is my hero.... :D

FalconRods 01-03-2011 07:33 PM

"Tucker Max" is the author of the "I hope they serve Cold Beer thing" - funny, sophomoric humor and if I didn't have daughters, I'd find it way more funny. He has written a book on his exploitations and adventures. He is, well, less than "Daddy" friendly - I will leave it at that.

Me

Hammerwalk 01-03-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaf1
Downloaded a sample of the book on my iPhone. Looks like it is a good read. Will finish the sample 90-ish pages.

I hope the sample includes the trip to Austin, where he gets banned from embassy suites. I have tears from laughing every time I read that and the story about his first experience with Absenthe. I could go on and on.