Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Builders Corner (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/)
-   -   "Project Golden Sahara00" (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/project-golden-sahara00-74622.html)

GoldenSahara00 01-04-2011 08:03 PM

"Project Golden Sahara00"
 
5 Attachment(s)
This is what Ive gotten done with the limited money at my disposal, and way wayyyy too much time ;)

GoldenSahara00 01-04-2011 08:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And some more recent front end stuff :)

cavediverjc 01-04-2011 08:35 PM

Good lookin' Sahara. :D

GoldenSahara00 01-04-2011 08:40 PM

Thanks bro :) I know everyone pretty much hates tube bumps but I just wanted to get out of stock and didnt have the money for anything better yet ;) I do what I can with her and she holds up pretty well.

marine13 01-04-2011 09:19 PM

Nice Jeep! Good job so far!

GoldenSahara00 01-04-2011 09:52 PM

Thanks man! Im looking forward to gettin it lifted, but Im saving up so I can do it right ;)

resq229 01-05-2011 10:39 AM

nice looking jeep!, you need my golden eagle ravines though, they would look awesome on that jeep.

Peepers 01-05-2011 10:43 AM

I like how the third picture looks like you have spikes coming out of the roll bar. I think you might want to take those off next time too. Lol

Simplegreenvr6 01-05-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peepers (Post 966995)
I like how the third picture looks like you have spikes coming out of the roll bar. I think you might want to take those off next time too. Lol



hhaha death by rollbar.

barbie gold FTW :)

That99SaharaGuy 01-06-2011 07:56 PM

That's right... BARBIE GOLD FTW

Seanomck 01-06-2011 11:14 PM

Gotta say the biggest difference from it looking stock to off road is the tires. Looks great !

GoldenSahara00 01-07-2011 04:39 PM

Haha yes wheels and tires were good, I have 3 diff type of wheels on 2 size of tires :O from the guy before. picked up 5 31sx10.5s and the wheels for 300 c:

Haha, those pieces of the roll bar, need a special toll to remove that I dont have, its like a hollow tip torx bit or something :(

Id rather not die, but it is legal to ride with your windshield down if you wear eye protection and the proper tie on the hood/windshield, because its "factory" but I wouldnt push it with a cop hahaha.

Thanks for the compliments everyone :)

What do they look like?

Oh and she will be getting bedlined on the flares, rear fenders, grill, running boards, bezels, possibly bumpers, and a few other lil spots as soon as its warm, so itll look a lil different again ;)

GoldenSahara00 05-22-2012 10:21 PM

and a year and a half later... :rofl:

97flexy 05-23-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 2395413)
and a year and a half later... :rofl:

does your jeep look the same? what have you done new??

GoldenSahara00 05-23-2012 04:13 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Added 3 inch zone lift 1.25 inch bl 1 inch Mml. 33 in duratracs. D30 Aussie locker,engo 9k winch built a stinger and sliders and a rear bumper plus another old front bumper. Added cb. Bedlined interior. painted and fixed up a ton of stuff. Added diff skid and steering box skid. Hilift. New soft top. Fire extinguisher. Tool box. Sub and amp. Windshield kc hi lights. And more I am probably forgetting.

GoldenSahara00 07-02-2012 02:17 PM

Just ordered a Novak shiter cable, rest of my money is waiting to do a JB sye, tatton DS, control arms, and for steel to make a custom flat skid.

Big plans for GS!

yjkid95 07-02-2012 09:07 PM

I got to give it to ya man. When I first saw you building that stinger I didn't know how it was going to turn out but it looks great. Good job so far boss!

P.S. If there cable shifter is anything like every single damn part they make for the YJ's then youlll freaking love it.

GoldenSahara00 07-02-2012 09:43 PM

Oh I am so exciting to have a smoothly operating shifter for rausch creek.

The stinger did turn out nice, its light weight, protects the winch, and is pretty strong between the DOM and 1/2 inch plate in 3/16 brackets. I love frame width stuff too I can climb pretty much anything now so much easier.

Plans are to save up and do the TT, me and my friend are doing a custom gas tank tuck and custom skids for the belly. Then I will move on to outboard the shocks and highlining stock fenders. How long will it take? who knows...

yjkid95 07-02-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 2539294)
Oh I am so exciting to have a smoothly operating shifter for rausch creek.

The stinger did turn out nice, its light weight, protects the winch, and is pretty strong between the DOM and 1/2 inch plate in 3/16 brackets. I love frame width stuff too I can climb pretty much anything now so much easier.

Plans are to save up and do the TT, me and my friend are doing a custom gas tank tuck and custom skids for the belly. Then I will move on to outboard the shocks and highlining stock fenders. How long will it take? who knows...

Trust me I know the part in bold my 350 and 700r4 swap was supposed to take two weeks.....that was a year ago.:rofl:

yjkid95 07-02-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 2539294)
Oh I am so exciting to have a smoothly operating shifter for rausch creek.

The stinger did turn out nice, its light weight, protects the winch, and is pretty strong between the DOM and 1/2 inch plate in 3/16 brackets. I love frame width stuff too I can climb pretty much anything now so much easier.

Plans are to save up and do the TT, me and my friend are doing a custom gas tank tuck and custom skids for the belly. Then I will move on to outboard the shocks and highlining stock fenders. How long will it take? who knows...

Trust me I know the part in bold my 350 and 700r4 swap was supposed to take two weeks.....that was a year ago.:rofl:

Zetsumei 07-02-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 2537587)
Just ordered a Novak shiter cable

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyway... On a more serious note. Looks good. :thumb: I can't wait to start welding up my own stuff. And once I get my fancy pants engineering auto cad skills down next semester I can start designing up stuff for the HSJT people. Mainly you, since you actually make stuff. It'd probably be nice to have a 3D version of some plans.

GoldenSahara00 07-02-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsumei

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyway... On a more serious note. Looks good. :thumb: I can't wait to start welding up my own stuff. And once I get my fancy pants engineering auto cad skills down next semester I can start designing up stuff for the HSJT people. Mainly you, since you actually make stuff. It'd probably be nice to have a 3D version of some plans.

:banghead: oh well. And heck yeah I am down for that. I'm excited for some bigger stuff for the jeep. You need to find someplace you can get stuff CNC cut at school and do some cool stuff with that. I need a job that pays better. I'm looking for a better one next summer.


Quote:

Originally Posted by yjkid95

Trust me I know the part in bold my 350 and 700r4 swap was supposed to take two weeks.....that was a year ago.:rofl:

Yeah, I'm saying 2 years if I can save and be smart. For everything.

Zetsumei 07-02-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 2539660)
:banghead: oh well. And heck yeah I am down for that. I'm excited for some bigger stuff for the jeep. You need to find someplace you can get stuff CNC cut at school and do some cool stuff with that. I need a job that pays better. I'm looking for a better one next summer.


I do believe we have a CNC at UK down in the machine shop. And we have a CNC machine at my old high school, but I think it needs the right stuff to cut metal. It only cuts wood right now. Good thing though, is that engineering majors can use the machine shop. I might just have some fun down there.

GoldenSahara00 07-02-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsumei

I do believe we have a CNC at UK down in the machine shop. And we have a CNC machine at my old high school, but I think it needs the right stuff to cut metal. It only cuts wood right now. Good thing though, is that engineering majors can use the machine shop. I might just have some fun down there.

Winning. You should design some gussets to use to weld up a bumper, you could make ones with little jeeps driving and use it to Reenforce a stinger to the bumper. I wish I had access to that kind of stuff. My buddy just got a job running a plasma table. Maybe he can get some stuff done.

Zetsumei 07-02-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenSahara00 (Post 2539753)
Winning. You should design some gussets to use to weld up a bumper, you could make ones with little jeeps driving and use it to Reenforce a stinger to the bumper. I wish I had access to that kind of stuff. My buddy just got a job running a plasma table. Maybe he can get some stuff done.

Golden I already have a front bumper with a stinger lol.

GoldenSahara00 07-03-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsumei

Golden I already have a front bumper with a stinger lol.

I mean to make and sell like we talked about.

That99SaharaGuy 07-14-2012 11:09 AM

Post some pictures of the rear bumper!

97flexy 07-14-2012 12:51 PM

Looking good! time to do a TT on it now

GoldenSahara00 07-16-2012 02:28 PM

Rear Bumper really isn't anything special, I will see what I can do in a bit. TT was in the works but I think I am going to armor up, outboard shocks and a few other little things for now. Money just isn't there for the stuff I want and I will be done working and starting school in a little over a month.

GoldenSahara00 07-16-2012 02:32 PM

Engine and Gas Tank Skids
 
I want to weld up my own engine and gas tanks skids, the Gas tank Will be a pretty basic, and probably boxy because I don't have access to bending equiptment. Will mount using existing holes and cover the stock skid for now. After I my trip to Rausch when I get some down time I may raise it about an inch. Or heck I might do it if I get the time now. As far as the engine skid, they all look fairly basic as far as I can tell, I will make a cutout for the oil pan and bolt it up using the Motor mounts and the forward trans skid holes, and anything else I can find. Will add a small cutout for the driveshaft if I need to. I am going to meansure dimensions and then talk to my steel guy, I can get stuff dirt cheap from him. Everything will be 3/16s plate, I can get him to do some cuts if I know them ahead of time. The rest will be with an angle grinder or a saws all. I have 4 days off this week and 4 days off next week, plenty of time to get to work. So any suggestions to get me moving would be great. I am going to go measure now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.