Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Ice Jeepin' (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/ice-jeepin-75027.html)

McBear 01-08-2011 12:17 AM

Ice Jeepin'

Well, just finished a five hour, 75 mile jeep experience tonight. What started as a trip from Cincinnati to Lexington quickly became jeep on ice as I-75 iced up causing first a three hour backup for 12 miles then 65 miles of slush covered ice.

The jeep did fine on the adventure, though five hours in the seats was tiring.

isitfridayyet 01-08-2011 08:48 AM

Watching the Weather Channel right now....looks like the south is going to get it in the next couple of days.
Be safe on those roads! Arrive Alive!

doublerinnys 01-09-2011 08:38 PM

It has arrived so I'll get my chance to drive in the snow/ice in the morning. My boss has already called everyone with 4 wheel drives to see if we're going to try and come in. Going to leave early and take my time.

XJ Knight 01-09-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublerinnys (Post 978362)
It has arrived so I'll get my chance to drive in the snow/ice in the morning. My boss has already called everyone with 4 wheel drives to see if we're going to try and come in. Going to leave early and take my time.

You don't have a Hummer Guy do you? Cause he won't make it :D

If it's icy be careful and drive safe.. Good Luck

doublerinnys 01-10-2011 08:02 PM

Made it with no problem. Thanks! Speaking of Hummer guys, when I had my last jeep I worked with a guy that drove a H2. It wasn't bad. It had the factory wheels with BFGoodrich MTs. He immediately bought some 22's with some low profile high performance street tires. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "You can't get this thing stuck." I asked him to come to the River Bottoms and he declined...LOL!

yellowjacket 01-10-2011 08:41 PM

How much did u get down there

doublerinnys 01-11-2011 12:05 PM

At my house I got just a hair over 7 inches. We haven't had anything like that in over 10 years.

yellowjacket 01-11-2011 05:33 PM

Not bad we are getting abought 5 tonight but it takes abought 10-12 for us to have any fun

OsageJeep 01-11-2011 08:25 PM

In Arkansas we usually get 1/4" of ice for every 1/2" of snow..haha it is fun though..on the way to work this morning I goosed it and it slid sideways in the road...simple thrills in life

yellowjacket 01-12-2011 03:01 PM

Ya a few years ago i was the only one out and was sideways when i passed a cop going the outher way he just gave me the look

doublerinnys 01-13-2011 12:11 AM

Yeah, I went to check my deer blind on the 4 wheeler and cut the wheels too sharp and spun right around in a complete circle (in the front yard). After I stopped I thought that was kinda cool, so I kept on cutting doughnuts in the snow in the front yard. Next thing I know my wife and daughter is on the porch looking at me and laughing. As soon as I stopped my wife said, "I swear I think our kids act older than you." So then I did what anyother man would do.......I punched it and cut more doughnuts.......LOL!