Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   Arizona Jeep Forum (
-   -   Trails around Grand Canyon? (

OnlyClutch 01-13-2011 07:45 AM

Trails around Grand Canyon?
Sadly i have never been to the grand canyon and i was planning on going in the winter. I'll have my girl friend with me so i'll have to take it easy but would really like some off the beaten path ideas to go view the biggest. ditch. ever. Dont need to camp, will probably hotel it over night. Ideally a couple 2-3hr trails and some awesome vistas.

Any and all advice welcome.

CapnRich22 07-05-2011 10:23 AM

hey just browsing around and saw your post.. its pretty old.. when i've gone to the canyon i have noticed that most fun trails and stuff are closed from Oct-May so I would think winter would not be ideal... just a heads up.

Jeepin Jesse 10-06-2014 12:45 PM

Just found this thread when searching for the exact same thing. I was going to start my own thread, but figure I'll revive this one since I have the same question.

My wife and I are heading to the Canyon this weekend from Orange County just for 3 days including driving. We are planning on going to the South Rim, but could do North. Planning on doing some hiking (suggestions welcome). We are taking the Jeep and I would love to do some short trails. Ideally some that lead to a cool outlook, or hiking trail. I do have a pretty capable rig, but will be traveling solo so I don't want to risk getting stranded on any trails.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!!

Black_and_Tan 10-07-2014 07:48 PM

Check out Charles Wells book on AZ Trails, as he describes some around GC.

One day, I would like to do Toroweap Overlook.