Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   So anyway...ODHINN and I...... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/so-anyway-odhinn-and-i-7590.html)

Scout 04-24-2007 09:11 PM

So anyway...ODHINN and I......

....are talking about quitting smoking the other day. He gave me some words of encouragement and I decided to take the plunge. I proud to say I've survived my first 24 hours smoke-free!

Thanks Odhinn!!!! :D

kg4kpg 04-24-2007 09:13 PM

U can du it!!!

Scout 04-24-2007 09:14 PM

*cough* *cough* Thanks!

amerijeep 04-24-2007 09:15 PM

You're gonna be wearing the husky sizes soon.

Odhinn 04-24-2007 09:20 PM

Very, very cool. You can do it. Watch out for the skitzoid episodes, and always remember step back, breath, look at an event twice, and laugh it all off.:D

Good luck and I better log now the tornado sirens just went off and I'm headed down stairs.

activelydying 04-24-2007 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Scout (Post 75417)
....are talking about quitting smoking the other day. He gave me some words of encouragement and I decided to take the plunge. I proud to say I've survived my first 24 hours smoke-free!

Thanks Odhinn!!!! :D

quitter :flipoff:

OR jeeper 04-24-2007 09:26 PM

My wife quit about 4 yrs ago cold turkey. If you want it, you can do it!! I wish you well on your challenge!

Levinoss 04-24-2007 09:29 PM

Grats, I had one at work today after a afew weeks of none. Tasted like crud tbh. I dident toss it out because the guy I bummed it from was standing next to me. So I finished it off and went and washed my mouth out. >.>

~Lev

amy 04-24-2007 09:32 PM

That's fantastic, Scout! You can do it.

Odhinn 04-24-2007 09:49 PM

Tornados are gone. I can finish now:D

Scout you will feel so much better when you can get up in the morning and not cough up that garbage out of your lungs. For about the first 2 weeks I was hacking every morning and some nasty stuff too. Like I said before the first 2 to 3 weeks were the worst for me, I just got mad at the addiction.

Once again, very cool

Scout 04-24-2007 09:54 PM

Glad to hear those tornados passed. You guys have had some freaky weather lately.

Odhinn, did you crap when you saw the title to the thread? :D

Thanks everyone! (except AD)

tiny terror 04-24-2007 09:59 PM

Very cool, Scout. You're doing your daughter a great service by making sure you'll be around to walk her down the isle. Thumbs up on the choice.

Buster 04-24-2007 10:00 PM

Scout, Good luck! I don't usually post on here to much other than Jeep stuff, but, being an ex smoker(I went from 3 packs a day cold turkey), you can do it!! Do it for yourself and no one else and you will be successful. If I can help, shoot me a pm.

Odhinn 04-24-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Scout (Post 75489)
Glad to hear those tornados passed. You guys have had some freaky weather lately.

LOL a little, but I can still track people down so I wasn't to worried.:)

Levinoss 04-24-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple Scout (Post 75489)

I lol'd

~Lev

Odhinn 04-24-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levinoss (Post 75500)
I lol'd

~Lev

I bet you did:D

JCS05Rubi 04-25-2007 06:10 AM

Good for you bro. I also just quit cold turkey about 2-3 months ago. First 3-4 days are gonna f*cking SUCK dude but you can get through it. Once you get through those its so much better. You can smell food again, taste food again, start breathing much easier.

My tips? STAY AWAY FROM FOOD. LoL You are gonna wanna eat non stop, but sucking on a pen, or a toothpick etc. does the same thing and will stop the cravings. Just drink water when you get a craving between meals, and suck on a pen or toothpick. Also, excersise a lot. I just bought a 300 dollar tredmill, and ran on that for a little bit every time I thought about smoking agian.

Your mind plays funny tricks on you cause of the addiction dude, DONT GIVE IN! You can be sitting there, all fine, then 2 seconds later your brain is yelling, JUST ONE MORE, ITS NOT GONNA HURT YA....JUST ONE MORE PLEEASSSEEE..

Its actually kinda funny when ya look back on it. Aint worth it dude. One more cig and you have to start the process ALL over again.

Stick with it bro, the Pros far outway the Cons when your done. After 2 weeks youll feel like a whole new person, youll be much richer than you thought you would, girls will start smelling your cologne again, and you wont have a pocket devoted to cigs/lighter anymore :D Besides, when your all done quiting and you dont care about cigs anymore, you get to sit around and watch people smoking and see how stupid it really looks. Heh, waiting the dudes that try and make it look cool is hallarious :)

Good luck dude, but im sure you have figured out by now, if you really want to quit, its not that hard. Just a week of agony for a better life. If you arent ready, well you know whats gonna happen. If you really want to quit, Jesus himself can come down and hand you a cig and you wont take it.

Scout 04-25-2007 06:49 AM

Damn! Thanks JCS!

Adventurous 04-25-2007 08:31 AM

Congrats on your first smoke free day. Just think of all the extra money you'll have to spend on your Jeep :)

MR.CLIFFORD 04-25-2007 08:49 AM

Think of all the jeep parts you can buy without the cost of the smokes. :cool:

Scout 04-25-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adventurous (Post 75605)
Congrats on your first smoke free day. Just think of all the extra money you'll have to spend on your Jeep :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD (Post 75610)
Think of all the jeep parts you can buy without the cost of the smokes. :cool:

That's exactly what I was thinking! :D

bluvikng 04-25-2007 10:13 AM

You can do it SS. I know you can. Now just convince yourself, that you can. I agree with the exercise part, it does help, if you can ease your mind, with some endorphins. You will get the calm, without the nicotene.

Scout 04-25-2007 10:52 AM

Thanks Blu! :)

MouthfulOfGrass 04-25-2007 12:15 PM

Plus, all the work you'll be doing to get elected "Presidente" will help to take your mind off it. :D

I know you can do it !!

Mike001 04-25-2007 04:11 PM

Copenhagen, you make me feel so good Copenhagen like I knew you would. Smokins easy to kick dipping is hard I stopped dipping cold turkey after 8 years and smoking. I'm trying to kick drinking since I got a kid and all thats hard. I get kinda moody and my wife ain't very good at support.

amerijeep 04-25-2007 04:20 PM

What bad habit wil scout have now.....?

Scout 04-25-2007 04:34 PM

Chapstick. I'll never be able to give up my Chapstick.

Mike001 04-25-2007 04:44 PM

You have to keep your mouth lubed up for MOG huh Scout.